Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
But if it's raised in a loving household they can be wonderful dogs!

Now if only there were some way to tell at a glance which ones are friendly family pets, and which are remorseless killing machines conditioned by (at best) meth-fueled neglect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
People were so slow

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

they are really good and cool dogs with some quirks caused by their breeding that people should really be aware of, and aren't. so you end up with dumb fuckers teaching the dogs to be violent and then that person takes the dogs out in public and shies away from someone for some reason and the dog goes "oh master is in danger, i will protect master with my life" and welp

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

NecroMonster posted:

it means you can signal them to do things, via body language, that you don't actually intend them to do. if the dogs have been abused or aren't well adjusted this can cause problems, for instance the "snapping and mauling people" sort of problems.

they are super smart very high strung very very protective animals that have also been bred to be tough as hell and fearless, it is absolutely a breed of dog that dumb people should not own
"things" :airquote:

anyway the russians bothered to actually do long term experimentation on nature vs nurture and thanks to them weve actually known that when you breed to select for violence that that is not something you can just hugs-and-kisses out of the offspring

anyone who doesnt know this is literally a half century behind on their understanding of the subject

but youre right its probably the owners
millions of pitbull lovers cant be wrong

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

gary oldmans diary posted:

"things" :airquote:

anyway the russians bothered to actually do long term experimentation on nature vs nurture and thanks to them weve actually known that when you breed to select for violence that that is not something you can just hugs-and-kisses out of the offspring

anyone who doesnt know this is literally a half century behind on their understanding of the subject

but youre right its probably the owners
millions of pitbull lovers cant be wrong

you seem like kind of an idiot and also a complete human being

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

NecroMonster posted:

you seem like kind of an idiot and also a complete human being
oh wait did i just accidentally explain why youre stupid like all pitbull lovers
sorry youre mad bro
friends?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

oh no wait let me respond to this dumb fucker here with a good post full of facts

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

NecroMonster posted:

I don't get why people don't go from "oh try to make the dog stop" to "kill the loving god damned dog right now at all costs" when poo poo like this happens. And I like pitbulls.

Seriously, why don't people just run up to the frenzied meat wall of teeth and start swinging?

The Bible fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Sep 12, 2015

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

you're supposed to stab them in the neck

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

NecroMonster posted:

oh no wait let me respond to this dumb fucker here with a good post full of facts
you said you were going to respond in a fashion but then you didnt do it :confused:
i guess were just supposed to imagine your next post

*in nasal voice* "but its really the oooowwwwnnneeerrrss fault"

which it is
for getting a pitbull as a pet

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Looks like a trashy neighborhood.

Pitbulls: the choice of poors.

Jukeboxblues posted:

To be fair its a common social phenomena called the "bystander effect". But the owner is loving retarded. He runs up to the dude and is trying to stop them biting him when he has the leashes in his hand. Like holy poo poo at least try and pull them back. If he ain't strong enough to do that 1) he should have two pitbulls as pets 2) he could ask someone to help him 3) he needs to do some gainz. Have a restriction on those dogs like "if you can't bench 250lbs you can't own this dog'.
Trashy poors don't think they buy and abuse dogs.

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Sep 12, 2015

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Why does no one ever WWE move these dogs? Like stone cold stunner a pitbull see if that would kill / stop it.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Wouldn't have happened if the guy had a gun.

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
comments rule

quote:

I'm just wondering why no one came out with a knife, looks like a neighborhood doesn't it? They easily got to the dogs by the scruff a few times, before they went to attack again, just one quick slice and the dogs would have been done.

quote:

I would instantly kill any dog that comes to try and bite me. without any remorse.

Who says you have to be unarmed? I can use a pen as a kubaton and deliver multiple strikes to the dog's head, or even the mouth.

You too, are clueless, you take a general guess that everyone is unarmed, "plastic POS"? You really think this pen: http://goo.gl/cTSE4U will "rip to shreds"? You really think the stainless steel end will shatter? Plus, I'm only giving examples, I'm not saying using something like that against a dog specifically is a good idea, but not everyone is definitely unarmed.

As well as that pen, I carry a T6061 alloy flashlight on my belt, don't tell me a hard hit to a dog's face with a piece of alloy won't do some damage; A stab to the eye with the pen or a strong hit with the light on their face.

Utility wise, I also carry a folding knife, which could double as a weapon which I would undoubtedly use for defensive use if I had to. It's no different that wild board hunting with a knife.

I don't have a CCW, I don't carry, unless, I'm outdoors and about.

You really think I was an unarmed high-schooler with a plastic pen?
You don't know me kid, think again.

loving ninjas up in Youtube.

Edit: He sighed as he drew his Kabuton...

The Bible fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Sep 12, 2015

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Al Borland posted:

Why does no one ever WWE move these dogs? Like stone cold stunner a pitbull see if that would kill / stop it.

There's two of them. You'd need a tag team partner.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Romes128 posted:

Wouldn't have happened if the guy had a gun.

Make sure you remember: It's not the dogs, it's the owner.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
If the dogs were black the cops would have been there 8 seconds into the video and executed both of them.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

afeelgoodpoop posted:

lol just walking with my kid around these mauly rear end pibulls.

new yorkers are retarded.

Lol i like how he led the kid in front of him by the carnage. I think he was trying to get rid of the kid. Wishing for youthful days of partying and staying up late.

VideoTapir posted:

There's two of them. You'd need a tag team partner.

Of course, thats where the undertaker comes in. He'd choke hold lift the other bull up in the air before slamming him with all his might into the pavement.

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
all i'm sayin is if a dog chomps down on you and holds: a thumb forced through an eyeball is enough to kill or disable any mammal

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

solaranus posted:

all i'm sayin is if a dog chomps down you and holds: a thumb forced through an eyeball is enough to kill or disable any mammal

dig in like spoons into grapes.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

solaranus posted:

all i'm sayin is if a dog chomps down on you and holds: a thumb forced through an eyeball is enough to kill or disable any mammal

lol

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

its true when hes got you by the jugular and hits your artery be sure to go for his eyes.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
If I had my arm being eaten by a pit bull I would just start punching the dog from inside its own throat and then start beating one dog with the other dog

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

solaranus posted:

No dummy look for the flashing red spot it's their weakness. May need to load a few old saves while you get the feel for the pattern

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Really all you have to do is hurricane kick both the dogs as they close in from both sides, then while they are down, double-back-flip onto the one behind you and break it's neck, then while the one in front of you is standing, charge it and strike it in the Heaven Pressure Point with your Bakuton ninja pen to stop its heart.

If I were there, this would have ended very differently. :smug:

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Most interesting "how to fight a dog" tip I've ever read is that their legs can't really go sideways. You grab the front legs and pull them apart real hard, and the dog is basically crippled for life.

Not sure if that's true.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

solaranus posted:

not a lot to wrap your hand around for when the dog snaps his head back and then forward on your thumb or hand or wrist
do you go for thumb-in-eye again even after it rips one of your thumbs off

The Bible posted:

hurricane kick
this is never safe :ohdear:

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

VideoTapir posted:

Most interesting "how to fight a dog" tip I've ever read is that their legs can't really go sideways. You grab the front legs and pull them apart real hard, and the dog is basically crippled for life.

Not sure if that's true.

I'd like to think you could rip it in half like its a shirt.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

solaranus posted:

pitbulls seem like really cool dogs

pitbulls are really cool dogs, if you think watching a dog murder a human being is cool

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

this is never safe :ohdear:

this leaves you wide open, if the pitbull slide-kicks you you'll be knocked out of the air

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

VideoTapir posted:

Not sure if that's true.

When a pitbull attacks me, I'll try to get close enough to it to grab both it's legs and do this.

Do you think there are any chances he might bite me as I try this though? I mean, I am right up in his face.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

The White Dragon posted:

pitbulls are really cool dogs, if you think watching a dog murder a human being is cool

Well that video was kind of hilarious...

The Bible posted:

When a pitbull attacks me, I'll try to get close enough to it to grab both it's legs and do this.

Do you think there are any chances he might bite me as I try this though? I mean, I am right up in his face.
Nah they'll never expect you to go for it.

Its like when you shove his hand inside his gaping maw and reach into his innards and rip them out. They don't expect that either.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
oh whew i got away but im bleeding to death

*strolls down the street*

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

this leaves you wide open, if the pitbull slide-kicks you you'll be knocked out of the air

no because then I'd just do a handspring to a safe distance and throw like 6 shuriken at it. Per hand.

edit: and I would also spit poison needles from my mouth

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

The White Dragon posted:

tbh i've grown bored of watching people kill people, and people's stupidity killing people, so yeah pitbulls might be my new favorite animal

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

solaranus posted:

tbh i've grown bored of watching people kill people, and people's stupidity killing people, so yeah pitbulls might be my new favorite animal

I dunno I think cops are still my favorite animal.

hip check please
Jan 11, 2012

prob nsfw, op!?!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Al Borland posted:

I dunno I think cops are still my favorite animal.

*pigs

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy
Who's a bad dog!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless