Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
Does anyone know how BB2 handles asking for skill usage? I remember in Chaos Edition there was a list of skills in the settings that you could individually set to ask or always use, but I wasn't able to find anything like that in BB2. May hold off on piling on for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
Lizardmen struggle before they get skills. Saurus desperately need block, but have a hard time gaining spp due to skinks hogging all the touchdowns. If you have the game in the bag, don't be afraid to go for a desperate hand off to get a saurus the touchdown, and always give the ball to a saurus on a touch-back. I like to start my lizardmen teams with all 6 saurus so they have a higher chance of pulling mvp.

Also, resist the urge to put 3 saurus on the LoS during setup. With only 6, tying up 3 in the front line will spread you out thin and create openings. When on offence, put skinks on the front line and focus your lizards on one side to punch through. The last thing you should do every turn is try to dodge your marked skinks 1 square away, they break easy and you don't want them taking hits.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
Patch notes

code:
Version : 1.8.0.7
Size : 81 MB
Content outline :
- The skill Pass Block is now available
- New cut-scenes option: you can now display Block cut-scenes only when Armor is broken.
- Players can now see leagues and competition settings.
- For better legibility, goal posts are not displayed anymore on the player side.
- Full screen mode optimization is possible via a small manipulation in the game files

Gameplay / Rules
o The skill Pass Block is now available.
o You can now use Leap when blitzing if the player just stood up.
o You can now use stab after moving a player with blitz.
o You can't block anymore after standing up a player for free with the skill Jump Up
o After a draw, the team fan factor decreases of 1 if the end-game dice roll is lower than the team fan factor
o Fix of an issue allowing to spend gold in inducement before a game and get the money back at its end
o During a block, the choice of the case where you push your opponent is now always correctly taken into account
o The “In dodge we trust” achievement is now unlockable.
o Players statistics can't equal to 0 or less anymore.

Feedback, HUD
o Fix a graphical bug during the Skinks and Kroxy touchdown cutscenes.
o During the campaign, solo league or friendly match, the GUI "Open chat" has been removed.
o The friendly matches are correctly displayed in the team statistics.
o The bretonnian lineman has now a touchdown cutscene.

Menu
o You can now delete league and competition members with a mouse easily.
o [GamePad] You can't be stuck in the league transfer menu.
o [GamePad] The team tab in league and competition management is now displayed properly.

Campaign
o It's no longer possible to be stuck at the end of match 6 when leveling up a player.
o It's no longer possible to be stuck before match 4 during the team reroll purchase.
o Bretonnian blitzers have now 7 MA in the campaign.
o During a double red dices block on AI, fix a bug forcing you to use a team reroll.

Solo Leagues
o Fix an issue deleting team data when using the « New Edition » option. 

Crash / technical
o Fix a crash with the display of the BoneHead or Loner hints during match 6 against Dark Elf in the campaign.
o Upon disconnecting during apothecary timer, the player does get the injury, and the blocker gets SPP for causing the injury.
o Fix of a crash during a player purchase.

Known issues:
- Leap can’t be used with Pass Block.
- Diving Catch can't be used on Hail Marry Pass.
- A player level-up isn't saved if you leveled-up by clicking on the MVP card in the results board after a match.
- To change the rank of a board member, the administrator must first delete the rank then give a new one. 
- Goal posts aren't displayed during penalty shoot-out.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

Cpt Stabbin posted:

Concede it's what hopefully levels my saurus. Because I don't see how it will happen otherwise.

Just had a lizard game in a round robin league with four touchdowns. Two of them were on saurus. Sure, it took them two or 3 tries to get the ball, but it was worth it. Finally got one with block!

Always send someone to threaten the enemy ball carrier when they'll still score anyway, or you'll just end up wasting your own turns while your opponent pulls poo poo like this.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

Just in case you're actually confused, they cost 40k gold.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
Best strategy is to roll 6's. Krox leap long bomb dodge all day.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

JT Jag posted:

How poo poo is it, I'm not reading the entire thread

Fairly poo poo, but nothing we aren't used to.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

Victor Vermis posted:

Can you buy the DLC team with Cyans? How are they accrued?

No, the DLC teams are listed in the store in USD. Cyans can be spent on new uniform unlocks (which I think can only be applied to new teams) and are accrued by playing in the NAF free ladder or purchased with cash. I don't know if other leagues can give cyans or not.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

Mr. Squishy posted:

But what on earth would be the point?

For min/maxing your team's value so that you get matched up against weaker opponents.

Yeah, I don't get it either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

dogstile posted:

What are the odds of rolling less than 4 on 4 ko'd players three times in a row?

0.024%

• Locked thread