Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
BB2:

After playing 1 Dwarf team too many, (ie, one Dwarf team), I think I'm just going to auto-concede when playing Dwarf.

The End Turn button is conspicuously easy to click by accident.

Skills are tiny icons that don't have any direct meaning to what the skill is, and the camera keeps cutting away.

I'm sure Amazons will be :10bux: AND take 2 years to come out. And I will pay it :(

The cheerleaders look worse.

WTF is the use of the "OK?" icon when it dosn't actually stop you clicking on dodge into 4 tackle zones because the interface is not good.

And I'm still glad I pre-payed. It's blood bowl, with a much nicer league generator and play mechanic. League plays looks to be a lot better than BB1. Is there a Goon league to join? Can it ban dwarfs?

Comstar fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Sep 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

cKnoor posted:

I've got a Blood Bowl 2 - Preview Copy.
And it has some neat improvements, and a bunch of lovely downgrades. It's a weird mishmash of good things and mostly lovely things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WhKiQF0PL8

Edit: One "good" thing I guess is that most people playing the MP beta are new coaches. So people concede a lot and it's generally pretty easy to win games unless you get diced.

I hope you're going to post this on the BB fourm, because there might be a better chance of them seeing it there?

I'll have to join the The Mr Hadwick Invitational (edit, joined). Err...what are the rules for it?

Comstar fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Sep 13, 2015

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

cKnoor posted:

MHI has 4 min turns, aging turned off and we allow all teams even if they are not fresh. <-- Those are literally all the options available to a league btw.

4 minute turns? Guess I'll play the normal leagues then - I'm too used to 2 minutes. I can understand it for a newbie league though.

You can't ban teams? Dwarfs for example. Ugh.

Can you do a tournament of your friends only? Can you do invite only?

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Rygar201 posted:

That said, they have plenty of time to adjust some of this poo poo because Beta.

I thought the game was being released next week.

Patch notes say they will move the END TURN button, which is currently on the field and overlooks you clicking on the pitch. Not much else beyond that, so expect Cyandide to stuff up other things.

It is a lot nicer to watch, and you can watch live games at any time.

I expect the DLC teams will be overpriced and take 2-3 years to complete the roster...just in time for BB3 to come out.

You can upgrade your stadium for 100K, and if you do it a 2nd time, you can add astrogranite to cause +1 armour breaks on GFI. Take that gutterrunners! Or add a -1 if you're playing AS Skaven. Or give both teams a wizard. Or some other, more minor effects.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
You lose 1 fan factor, and gain an hours worth of not being beaten into the ground by dworfs. And who wouldn't want to enjoy an hour of that!

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Rygar201 posted:

You also lose your MVP and gate for the match.

Considering you're playing in an open league with nothing beyond that, and the other players gets all your winnings and your MVP, what's wrong with conceding to someone you'll never play again?

It's not like the background dosn't actually support throwing in the towel - the very first game of the campaign has the AI doing it to show you how to do it. It's pretty much the 1st thing the game teaches you.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Brassherald posted:

If no one makes a league for BB2 in the forums before I get home for work today, I'm just going to do it myself.

So, you have 13 hours to click a few buttons in a game and prevent me from clicking those same buttons.

Please make it 2 minute turns!

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

GNU Order posted:

in case some of you missed it, there's a goon BB2 league, here's the text about it which I added to the OP

Want to join a goon BloodBowl 2 League? Of course you do! Just follow these simple instructions:
1. Find GoonleagueSA on the game server and request to join the LoserLadder.
2. Send a pm to forum user Brassherald, or an email to brassheraldsa@gmail.com, telling him your team's name as well as the SA name if you are emailing. (Don't want no pubbies in this league)
3. When he is around, he'll approve and you'll get a ticket, accept that ticket and join the rest of the losers on this ladder.

Can you have multiple teams in the league?

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
I had a game vs chaos (I lost, 2-1), the last turn...didn't end. He didn't do anything the time got to 0:00...and nothing happened.

I got away from the computer for 5 minutes, he'd played his turn...and the counter was going down from 2:00 again. It went to 0:00 again...and stayed there for another 3 minutes before he tried to pick up the ball, failed, and got a turn over.

Thanks for THAT bug Cyanide.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
I'm sad the Loserbowl is 4 minute turns :(. Looking for a game now.

I'm downloading a new patch through Steam...the patch notes go to last weeks news.

Looks like it's that one- cutscenes only for when armour breaks is on.

- Option to see league and competition settings without administrating it
- The goal posts on the player side are now hidden ?
- Option to enable cutscenes only if armor break
- Pass Block skill ?

Comstar fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Oct 2, 2015

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
I just finished a game on there- 2-0 Humies over Delves. He had 4 dark elves injured by the end of it. This puts me on top of the ladder.

There's a human team with TWO +1ST Blitzers in it. I would have given one of them Frenzy instead of guard myself.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
1st world Empire problems- I win 4-0, get 4 skill ups, my Ogre gets +1ST, and I roll doubles...and give a blitzer strong army because I thought he was a thrower.

Now leading the ladder 4-0-0.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
If you're new, and playing against people who have been played for decades...you won't be wasting, "their" time.

That being said, I think there's some new coaches in it, and at least if you play in the SA league you won't have so many early games, murderball chaos teams, teams that out rank you massively, and you can ask for tips as you play.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
4-0 Humies vs Welves. Ended with 1 dead Welf, 3 injured, and 1 injured (and fired) linesman.

Any elf bullshit would inevitability end in a failed 2+ roll, he wasn't very lucky.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

MRLOLAST posted:

It did not work for you? I swear it worked yesterday. Check Jimmyfantastics stream from yesterday when he is playing a retarded chaos team that keeps abusing it. It is the 2 nd or third game of the night for him with the dark elves. So testing was made and that is how it worked.

I've seen it happen once in a NAF game, though it seemed to be by accident, he only did it for one turn.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Have a rating based on number of completed games. Coacher's who don't concede pay others who don't either. Though that do, play chicken to see who will concede first.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
The beta is coming this weekend, can someone explain how I can play it?

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Christ, a Zon team with a Ogre, 1-2 long frog leg leapers and a Norse or two? Heaven can wait.

I just played a game in the main league with a new human team vs a Lizard team with 180K more than me. After doing 2 injuries and a KO to the skinks and a death-apoc-injury to a Sauras he gave up, at turn...5. I guess only doing 1 frenzy push off into the crowd got his morale down a tad.

I can't wait to play an Amazon team again. Any plans for a new SA league or will you be using the current one?

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Beta is up, and extended to Tuesday.

I couldn't see it in my Steam list till I searched for Blood Bowl and it popped up as a separate game from Blood Bowl 2.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
A team consisting of everyone with Dodge! Who can get a star player female ogre. She has a beard.

A team consisting of everyone with leap AND very long legs. And a bear. I think the bear invited itself.

A team you can throw most of your team mates at the enemy. With or without the ball at the same time!

You can get teams of teams so can have all the chaos teams, or all the elves, or all the human teams on one side.

I think the only team not included is the all Daemon team of bloodthirsters.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Someone needs to mod Total War: Warhammer Total with the option to win battles via blood bowl games.

In, other news: Blood Bowl 2: Legendary Edition - Content Reveal Trailer.

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Blood Bowl 2: In no way monotonous hours upon hours of endless endless lifetimes of coverage

Comstar fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Aug 10, 2017

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Wooper posted:

Oh, do I have to pay for this game again?

Yes. Yes you do.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

koolaidconvoy posted:

No limits on concedes in beta public league. Full release you can play on the champions ladder, which limits coaches to 5 concedes before ban. Generally is a good league for quality games.

Is that current now? How can I tell a league has that rule?

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Voyager I posted:

Just bought BB2 now that it has all the teams and the first few matches have been rather unsatisfying.

1st game: I roll lots of dubskulls while managing miraculous cas rolls on the occasion my team does anything successfully and my opponent cannot succeed on 3+ rolls to save his life. Game is a draw mostly due to dice preventing plays from both sides, and then my opponent concedes because ???
2nd game: opponent wins coin flip, fails to inflict any cas on initial blocks, and concedes
3rd game: roll EIGHTY FOUR successful blocks against Norse for a grand total of four KOs, lose game 1-0.
EDIT: 4th game: get matched up 180 TV vs trimmed min/max Norse with a team that has three levelups

Apparently the Champion League(?) won't allow repeated concedes. Sounds like the way to go.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
So I just bought the last copy of board game version of Blood Bowl from Minds Games in Melbourne at the 40th anniversary (1.2 hours in the queue to get in). What's the difference between the current board game and the computer version?

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Something I have never done in BB2 because I've never seen how:

How do you do a hand off? I have only ever done a short pass.

How do you turn on the grid?

How do you turn on the skill icons above players heads?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
So the expansion is out. Any thoughts? Is the single player campaign any good or is it just a series of matches?

• Locked thread