Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

GNU Order posted:

beep be-beep beep beep beep Breaking News

I'm not sure if this has been posted anywhere, but the xml files and poo poo for the game are really easily readable, and box wine over on IRC posted a list of races that were in an XML file

Human, High Elf, Dark Elf, Dwarf, Orc, Skaven, Chaos, Brettonia, Lizardmen, Wood Elf, Chaos Pact

One of these things is not like the other, one of these things has never been in a Cyanide Game and hasn't been announced

I hope Chaos Pact gets included so badly, I have wanted to play them in a league for a very long time and they were never included in BB1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

MRLOLAST posted:

I was thinking of maiking a Bret team and calling them Peasant rebellion or something. 13-14 peasants with dirty player wrecking new teams with their dirty tactics. :D

Call them the "Filthy Poors" and give them all dirty player and sneaky git.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

koolaidconvoy posted:

Don't want lovely opponents? Don't play open, play champ's ladder. There are now cash prizes for doing well in the postseason tournaments: http://forum.bloodbowl-game.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=8627

Holy crap! I might have to give it a run. Real money to play BB!

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Mr. Squishy posted:

Blitz as in the once per turn move and block, or Blitz the Kick Off Result? I've not seen anything modifying the Kick Off Table anywhere.

I think he means Blitz the real time game mode that the old game had.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Gaghskull posted:

My Chaos Pact now have a cow and a rogre with block. They are now the best pact team possible. The troll is useless, as is standard.

Trolls are always just big piles of tackle zones. That's their lot in life.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Gaghskull posted:

Those of us now playing are using this discord. https://discord.gg/cyz32Y

Play Necro. Not very squishy, regen on everyone but ghouls. They can bash hard on a couple of players. Werewolves become horrifyingly effective after getting block.

The best teams, in my opinion are:

Dark Elves - can bash decently for an Agility 4 team thanks to their 4 blitzers and almost all 8 armor elves, while still being an Agility 4 team.

Orcs - Great all around team. You get high armor, lots of skills and a big guy if you want him

Necro - Tons of versatility and resiliency. You can pretty much build them into any type of team that you want to make them into.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

NoNotTheMindProbe posted:

Orcs are like Chaos in that they keep getting stronger with TV except they can actually play the ball.

Chaos can play the ball just as well if you build them that way, it just takes them a lot longer to get to that point since you have to skill up some players first. Orcs are far better at it right out of the box though. Leveling up a Chaos team is so painful, they just have no skills at all, which means early on you can't really play the ball very well and you can't really bash very well since none of your players have block yet.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

So I was looking at all the mixed teams last night and I think someone needs to run a mixed team league. 1000TV start so things only start moderately wacky. I don't have the organizational skills to run a league or I'd do it myself.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

gonadic io posted:

Speak of the devil, Cknoor is running one. It's called Mr Hadwick Mixer and is open application for 1kTV. There'll be streams tomorrow and next sat which will inevitably be crowded , but I'm trying to get some games before then. Spinning right now with
4 Saurus
3 Kislev Catcher
1 Kislev Blitzer
3 Zon lino

and

3 Gunners,
2 Chaos warriors
4 Beastmen,
1 DE Blitzer,
1 Goblin

Oh wow I need to get in on this! I was looking at a "Super Norse" team:

Chaos Dwarf Blocker
Chaos Dwarf Blocker
Chaos Dwarf Blocker
Chaos Dwarf Blocker
Chaos Dwarf Blocker
Skaven Stormvermin
Skaven Stormvermin
Ork Blitzer
Ork Blitzer
Ork Blitzer
Ork Blitzer
2 Rerolls

11 guys starting with block, and using the Skaven as the ball runners.

I also may try to figure out an ultimate elven team. I think you can squeeze in 6 blitzers to start with the Pro Elf linemen. Or maybe an AFS team with 6 Saurus and 2 Ulfs... so many fun sounding combinations I may try.

deathbagel fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Nov 10, 2017

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Iretep posted:

dont worry i already figured out the ultimate elven team. start with the goodness mixed team or whatever, buy 3 trees, 2 dancers and rest in flings and 3 rrs. later on you can buy a woodie thrower or something else.

Nah, with the way I roll 1s trees would do nothing but stand in one place for me all game. That's if they manage to drag themselves off of the ground.

Also, my armor 8 acts as most people's armor 7 so halflings wouldn't last more than a few turns.

Looking at the elf team, that's my biggest fear... AV 7 linemen. But to get a bunch of great positionals you'd have to start with the Pro Elf linemen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

dscruffy1 posted:

Is there a current Discord server/link for BB2 folks? I just picked up the game and I've got a rough idea of what I'm doing but want to play with "cool" people maybe.

https://discord.gg/2zTwJB

• Locked thread