Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Holy poo poo, you can replace the pitch with concrete pavement! It's a +1 to armour rolls if you trip when going for it. That's right, gently caress you, Skaven.

How many stadium levels before you get a second enhancement? I need that beer tent.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Sep 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Seems like some of the skill prompts are context-sensitive in BB2. I had a ball carrying, orc thrower 2 tiles from out of bounds. When he was pushed, it asked if I wanted to use dodge or not. That's kind of cool. I was initially bummed out that it didn't let you turn prompts on or off in the settings, but if they're smart like that, I guess it works out.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Sokani posted:

Does anyone know how BB2 handles asking for skill usage? I remember in Chaos Edition there was a list of skills in the settings that you could individually set to ask or always use, but I wasn't able to find anything like that in BB2. May hold off on piling on for now.

I haven't tried piling on yet, but I have wrestle, and it always asks.

And like I posted earlier, the skills seem to be context sensitive to ask when your input is important. Dodge is normally used automatically, but it asks when you're at the two outer most tiles of the pitch.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Sep 15, 2015

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Drone posted:

I'm kinda pessimistic about this to be honest. The UI does look quite slick and modern, but there are enough sticking points to make me want to hold off (the really questionable placement of the End Turn button, no grid, no floating player names/positions). And it's greatly dependent on what the DLC model looks like and how quickly they'll release the other 16 or however many races. And single-player only lets you play as the one human team, can that be true?
(...)

I'd just like to point out that there is a tackle-zone grid. It pops up when you select a player. It would be better if it was on permanently, but at least it's visible when you move guys. There's line markers too. It's not as good as seeing every tile in a grid, but well... it's something.

Wow, I grabbed the image from the first stream that popped up and didn't look at what was going on. The Skaven player is proper hosed.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Sep 15, 2015

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

ZenVulgarity posted:

I'm thinking of playing fumbbl or blood bowl

I like hurting dudes instead of winning

How viable is that

You've come to the right video game(s). 75% of a match consists of punching people. 5% is straight up murdering them. 20% is moving the ball around.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Same announcers, and they have a physical presence on the start screen, which is kind of neat. Haven't noticed them saying spiral yet.

They're pretty good about commentating on positioning and such, which is helpful if you have no idea what's going on, and slightly annoying if you do.

The only offensively bad line I've heard so far is a loving awful HBO pun leading into a Game of Thrones reference that falls completely flat. The delivery is a war crime.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Technical problems aside, I don't know what Cyanid did in the past to make you this suspicious of BB2. I've played a lot this week, and it's been a largely fine and a fun time.

I look forward to the elf bullshit teams that we'll get next week, and I hope Gnu picks it up because his BB1 Lets Plays are awesome.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Okay, that's a lovely thing to do. Pretty much the Madden business model then.

It looks like we'll be able to cherry pick the DLC this time around, judging by how the pre-order offer is Wood Elves or Lizards. That's probably a good thing, right? It should be cheaper unless you want to buy every team.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Sep 20, 2015

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

It worked for Dawn of War. :haw:

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Funso Banjo posted:

To be fair, this is better than Chaos Edition in every way except the number of teams. Every way that matters, anyway. (Not too impressed with player models not changing as you gain skills and stats, but that's a pretty shallow thing to bother about I suppose.)

The AI is a world away from BB1, and I am thankful for that. A reasonable Blood Bowl player is still going to trounce the AI, but it will give a novice/improving player a good game. Much more than can be said for 1.

I didn't want to like BB2, kind of on principal, after buying more than 1 version of BB1. But I got to say, this game is the poo poo.

Hmm, that isn't too bad. Not great, mind, but could have been worse. The skaven team I bought from Games Workshop was £14 twenty years ago. I would hate to think what they cost now.

Apparently you're supposed to be able to spend silver coins on player customization, but it's not in yet. I wanna play dress up. :(

LibbyM posted:

The lack of a grid and especially player/positional names is making this really annoying to play compared to the previous edition. I hear they patched the end turn position based on player complaints, have they said anything about adding names again?

The grid is dynamic. It pops up when you select a dude. Tacklezones do anyway, but it's not hard to tell the other tiles apart with the alternating colours either. There's no name plates anywhere though.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Sep 22, 2015

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Do we have a league for BB2?

If for some reason you still put stock in such things, PCGamer put up their review of Blood Bowl 2, giving it a 60. As you can guess, he approached it as someone not familiar with BB and evaluated it as such. I suppose there's some merit to the statement that Blood Bowl is a loving terrible game for anyone but a Blood Bowl player, but it's also Blood Bowl. No mention of any bugs or issues, just complaints that it's hard for a beginner to get in to and that he didn't understand the concept of dice rolls.

I'm more surprised that the overall steam reviews are positive. You would think a large portion of the people buying BB2 were fresh to BB and would have the same reaction as the PCGamer guy.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

I want to save up cash for Dolfar. He has Pass Block in BB2 even though you can't pick it yet. Maybe the game explodes when you use him.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

How many guys are too many guys on a High Elf team? I'm at 14.

I'm short two positionals and don't know if I should replace linos with them or max out the roster.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Thanks, I'll kick some elves out then. The TV was getting up into the 1600s without a whole lot of levels to show for it.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Are any of the star players good enough that you should take them rather than rerolls, apos and wizards when there's a TV difference?

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Beefeater1980 posted:

The Cyanide communication about opening up both teams absolutely reeks of making a virtue of necessity but why fight it? It's an extra race for free, and the added animations and prettiness in this version obviously cost them money to make.

I suppose it makes sense though. The extra teams in BB2 exist as an excuse in the first place. There weren't supposed to be Wood Elves or Lizardmen from the start, just 8 teams. When the game got delayed from June or something to September, Cyanide announced they'd do two extra teams to make up for it.

They were probably planned already, and the delay coincided with their DLC development, but whatever. I'm not complaining. The more teams the better.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Mr. Squishy posted:

It seems like each race gets 3 out of 6 stars, mostly tending to the higher-cost. Dwarves get Barik but other than that, no SW stars are in. As for the cards, Yapo, search your feelings.

The only change found is small buffs to the humans and a small nerf to the orcs, effect of which is invalidating guides to the Orc starting roster. Other than that, nothing to wreck BB guides.

I could be misremembering BB1, but I think you need one more strength to get triple dice in BB2. It's now 'more than double' the strength of the defender instead of 'double or more'.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Morbidmind posted:

I've got some news of the latest hot bugs! Turns out if your team value is higher then your opponents you can spend as much petty cash as you want on inducements and get it back after the match! This means with the new banking rules where cash adds to your TV above 150K, you can just stockpile 500K gold and spend it every match on whatever the hell you want forever! God drat Cyanide has released a quality product here.

Won't the other guy get a shitload of money too, since your bank inflates your TV and he gets petty cash to compensate? You can afford one star, he gets two?

Unless you're equal in TV, at which point you have a weaker team but free money, which is essentially what petty cash already does.

God, I don't know where I was going with that. It's a clusterfuck no matter how you look at it.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Okay, I've noticed something weird going on there too with players who are sitting out a game. Your TV shows up as lower while the guy is out, but your opponent gets petty cash if you're even leveled.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

MRLOLAST posted:

Zug is good value. Also the hypno gaze elf catcher but I am not sure if he is implmented. The woodie wardancer with diving catch and ag5 is good to but DC is not implemented. Morg is ofcourse a game winner but not against chaos. Skaven get some very good gutter runners, one with shadowing and stab. Buffy (Zara) is good for norse, zons and humans especially vs UD teams but since they are not implemented yet.. and I am not sure if she is in the game. Lizzard gets the very good mv7 saurii with guard and grab.

Following up on this, Lizardmen in BB2 get Morg, Slibli and a guy named Arsenic.

Arsenic seems to be the Cyanid version of Hemlock. Blodge, sidestep, stab, jumpup are his skills. I'm stressed out by the inducement menu so I haven't taken the time to compare them. Both have stab though.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Sep 26, 2015

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Nasgate posted:

I will never get tired of this.

Dwarves gonna Dwarf, Elves gonna win.
Shoutout to Raegan for picking up and passing the ball in a BZ

I keep playing pubbies because I have realized i suck at Chaos, either that, or chaos is just not so fun at low TV as Elves and Lizards

My dark elves are in the 1900 TV range in BB2 now. Chaos and lizards always play to the end, but dwarves leave. It's satisfying because gently caress dwarves, but I don't know why they do it. You play dwarf to punch people, and they get to punch someone once or twice each turn. 4 guys at the start of a drive. What's the problem?

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Someone on the steam forum figured out how to make stab multiblock in BB2.

Valcurdra posted:

Been experimenting with harkon star player

I managed to get multiple block and stab to work, but it is definitely bugged.

In order to use it you:

1. Click assassin
2. Click multiple block
3. Click assassin
4. Click stab
5. Click target
6. After first stab is resolved repeat steps 3-5

The bug occurs when you succeed in causing an injury on the first stab.

A dialogue box appears asking for confirmation that you want to throw a 2nd block. If you click yes you are allowed to block, but you can't click on the assassin again to select a stab action.

So rather than having a chance at causing 2 injuries you can only ever cause 1.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Evernoob posted:

(...) Is there a trick to dealing with Skinks besides pummeling them into the ground? Is Tackle working against it or are tentacles a better option. That stunty mechanic really drives me nuts.

Agi 3 is not reliable for dodging without the dodge skill, so tackle is a pretty big deal against skinks. I'm not sure about the maths with tentacles by themselves. I think it would be less effective since the skinks still get the dodge reroll if the tentacles stop them once.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

MRLOLAST posted:

(...)Is the rule that any player over 51spp have to roll to see if he leaves your team if you conceede implemented in NAf or anywhere. Because that needs to be in.

Anecdotal evidence in this thread and at the steam forums suggest that rule is in.

Nuffle doesn't take kindly to leavers. :commissar:

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

I have a rat ogre with juggernaut and break tackle. He's an awesome dude who poops on cages, and I love him for it. Would I screw myself over by taking strip ball if he rolls a double? I have a 5 agi gutter runner who can follow him in for the pick up.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Mr. Squishy posted:

Assuming a tight cage, a Rogre breaks in there on a 4+, that is half the time. You might want to take dodge to increase that to three quarters of the time. Well, frankly, I'd still go for block.
Also, Trees are good. A welf team is naked without a tree.

How do dodge and break tackle combine? The description for break tackle says it can only be used once each turn.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Evernoob posted:

Wut?
Or was there a bug that you could stand up a guy without the AGI roll, and then decide to block anyway.
So now you have to declare the block when the dude is still prone on the ground.

Yes, you could declare the block after they stood up.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

I think I'm in love with BB2.

My dark elves at TV 1960 came across a 2200ish Chaos team. I'm average at best, so I figured it meant the end of them.

The other guy had no frenzy and no tackle. Less than half his people had block. More than half had claw. I asked if he's not a big believer in tackle. There was no answer.

I kicked off. It was a blitz event with touchback, so my WE sent a goat out of bounds. He made a weird cage, tried to surf a sidestepping blodger, and marked the WE. The WE sent two more goats sprawling into the crowd in the next turns while I stalled the cage. He apo'd the first guy to get an injury, a claw goat with a pinched nerve.

At turn 6, he spoke for the first time, saying all he wanted was to hit someone. I was enjoying myself too much to risk him rage-quitting from a smug reply, so I kept my schadenfreude to myself.

At turn 7, his cage brushed against my screen. I knocked two warriors over, and the ball was freed from Chaos oppression by our lord and saviour, Agi 5 Leap Blodge Surehands Elf. My opponent shares his thoughts with a wall of text detailing how the developers are utterly inept, that game imbalance is a terrible problem and nothing is fair. I suggest that it could it could be easier at this TV with a guy or two with tackle. The game is conceded not a moment after.

Elf bullshit is the best bullshit. I have been nervous about playing my elves now that they're in the bash zone, but if this is what the competition is like, it'll be a riot.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Evernoob posted:

Do you get more or other upgrades if you upgrade your stadium to higher level?
No. Enhancements unlock at stadium level 2, and there's no new stuff after that. Stadiums max out at level 4 for 400,000 blood bucks. They grow visually bigger and more impressive, but you don't get other or more enhancements. Stadium size might affect FAME or fans using BB2 house rules, but I'm not familiar enough with the standard rules to note a difference.

quote:

And are only the "home team's" upgrades active? This is a part of the game a haven't even noticed until I accidentally stumbled on it yesterday.
Yes, only the enhancement for the stadium you're playing in is in effect.

Astrogranite and elf turf both give you a new pitch if you're into variety. The former looks very grid based and makes it easier to count tiles, the second makes it slightly harder to tell tiles apart and it changes the milemarkers to LOTR style gibberish.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Oct 5, 2015

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Perestroika posted:

This was kind of adorable, after I dodged a guy into the endzone and made the pass for a TD :kiddo:

In all fairness, whoever came up with Blood Bowl had no understanding of how to name poo poo.

Dodge and block are both skills and player verbs. Star players and star player points have no relation. Diving catch is not a dive. The break tackle skill and the tackle skill do not affect each other.

I'm sure there's more if you want to be pedantic about it.

Oh yeah, there's blitzers, but anyone can blitz. :haw:

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Oct 5, 2015

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Can you use piling on after wrestle?

If yes, can you also use it during the opponent's turn if he both downs your wrestler?

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Rygar201 posted:

No? Wrestle doesn't cause an armor roll.

Okay, thanks. You saved me from messing up a player more than normal.

I thought I'd seen wrestle into piling on in Cyanid's BB1, but it's been a while since I played it.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Kooriken posted:

Guys stop me I just rolled my second opportunity to take +AG on a Dwarf Runner in as many levels. I took the first one because hey, having a Dwelf is awesome, right? Now I have the opportunity to have a 5 Agility Dwarf and I know I should probably pick a skill but...5 Agility Dwarf.

Take it and don't look back, ever. He'll be able to pick any ball and still have a reasonable chance to dodge out.

And if he somehow survives to see another skill up... oh, boy! The things you could do.

You'll probably want another guy with catch to get the most out of your short elf. Fire the guy with catch if when the runner dies.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Oct 9, 2015

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Just get a wife with sure hands to pass to you.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

CascadeBeta posted:

Do stadium enhancements in bb2 add to team value? I want to mess with them but not completely over bloat my team.

Also for getting into fumbbl, is ranked good for just casual pick up games not necessarily just with goons?

Your stadium level and enhancement has no bearing on your TV.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Victor Vermis posted:

Astrogranite: +1 to Armor Rolls from failed GFIs
- This one is a draw, imo.. there are situations when it would benefit one team over another, but not consistently nor reliably.

Astrogranite is secretly the best enhancement for elf teams, because their movement forces the opposition to do more GFIs. I wouldn't use granite with skaven though since GFIs and one turn touchdowns is their bread and butter.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Oct 14, 2015

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Yeah, it isn't great, especially since those teams ended finished before release. At least the DLC teams are cheaper than with mobas where each dude is like 15 bucks.

It could've been worse.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Victor Vermis posted:

I played LoL for a minute years ago and I managed to buy 2 dudes in that short span with RiotBux or whatever they're called. They also had a rotation of f2p heroes.

There are no Cyanidebux, and there are no free teams. No reason to believe this will be changing anytime soon.

Which model is "worse"?

I brought it up because regardless of the base game being free or not, someone has to make the new assets and that expense has to be covered. Other studios have charged more for less. 7 USD is more restrained than I expected.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Hey, man, I get your pain, but I've become numb to it.

Dawn of War 1 had like a million factions by the time they were done with it. DOW2 launched with roughly 0 factions. That's when I knew there was no God.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

It's patch day.

Cyanide posted:

Hey Coaches!

Today we release a new update for Blood Bowl 2 introducing the online shop as well as several fixes.
You’ll find more info on the state of the game and our plans for the next updates HERE.

Version : 1.9.0.13
- Player with "Really Stupid" don't get the +2 bonus on the roll anymore if the nearby team-mate is on the ground.
- Fix an issue with the Starplayer Brick in offline mode.
- It is no longer possible to use Piling On with a Foul
- Fix of an issue preventing Diving Catch from activating on an inaccurate pass or a Hail Mary Pass.
- Fix an issue affecting the IA teams statistics in solo mode.
- Corrections of Jim & Bob commentaries.
- Fix of a crash at the end of the campaign credits.
- Launch of the online shop

Have fun on the pitch,
Cyanide Studio & Focus Home Interactive

They finally got the Cyan store running, which is where micro transactions happen. It has new jerseys, the two preorder DLC teams and skins for star players. There's nothing new in the star players section, we already have the existing skins. It's probably a thing to nickle and dime whales when they release more teams.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Nov 12, 2015

• Locked thread