Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Magnetic North posted:

The question isn't if people will move to BB2; they will eventually, given enough time (like, multiple years). The question is if enough people will hold out on BB2 long enough to make it untenable for the publisher so that the money dries up and we end up with half a game. I certainly hope that doesn't happen, but then again, if Cyanide and Focus weren't so poo poo, then all our doubts wouldn't be so reasonable.

One of the more popular sounding requests is inclusion of Slann, which GW don't want in BB for some reason. Can have 3 - 5 flavors of Elf, but only one flavor of Lizards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
I'll wait for BB2: Chaos Edition where they fix everything in 2 years.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

KyloWinter posted:

elves arent real hth

#PixelLivesMatter

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

I'm pretty much a newbie at Blood Bowl but my thinking is that since the Cow has massive strength already, it's pretty easy to get 2 or even 3 dice on a block and avoid "Both Down" altogether, while Pro serves the dual purpose of offsetting the Loner and Wild Beast, making Minotaur more reliable.
I really really like blitzing with him and Pro lets me do that more reliably basically.

Good luck on your string of Dub/Trip Skulls and Skulls/BDs. Block has its use on Big Guys, it also negates BDs defensively. Why waste another reroll on trying to stand them up because you didn't want to take a skill that ignores the downside of BDs? Your mino eats rerolls because its terrible anyway, don't waste your mino's first skill on Pro.

e:f,b etc.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
However, punching with skinks will never not be hilarious and are (almost) as humiliating as snotling/halfling punches. Even more so if they CAS/kill something important.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
The pro-est of Lizard moves is passing the ball from a skink to a Krox. Might not work, but when it does... the crowd goes loving wild. I dream of any of my Kroxes getting +AG for even more KroxBall antics.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Bruceski posted:

Any lizards build discussion:
"Why would you get a Krox when your team is half pretty big guys already and he has a negatrait?"
"Because if you're playing Lizards anyway, you may as well go full Funhaver and Kroxball your way down the field."

Krox in a Saurus cage: our only obstacle to scoring is the turn counter our butter fingers.

Fixed that for you. And yes, Krox is Max Funhaver. The real downside to taking a Krox when you build your team is it leaves you with 2RRs, and that can be SUPER painful since, well, Skinks are skinks and are 50/50 to pick up the ball on a good day; and not having Block on anything is painful in its own way.

Another thing I noticed while leveling a Krox is that Pro requires doubles and you should NEVER expect Nuffle to gift you with worthwhile doubles on a Big Guy. If you get +AV/MA, you take a useful skill (maybe Pro, but it's a 4+ to get the free RR) and on +AG/ST you take that, because +ST Krox is horrifying and +AG Krox is hilarious.

Ran into a fun bug in my latest GoonBowl X game. It appears that if the ball hits IN, not bounces, the end zone OR bounces out through the end zone on a Kickoff; it can get bugged out. The ball was physically off the field next to the CAS box, but was actually in the right-most square of the end zone. Mousing over the ball itself showed the landing square indicator.
I've previously had a high-kick kickoff event landing in the end zone, moved a unit to catch, bounce out and then couldn't select the unit I moved to catch it receive it. So the ball went to a lino on the LOS. So it looked like the high AG figure I was going to use as ball handler got lost in the end zone as far as Cyanide was concerned.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Voyager I posted:

This seems like kind of a non sequitur. Against an agility team, he isn't there to contribute to your bashing; he's there to impair their mobility, which is something your team has limited access to. A 3+ dodge is disastrously less reliable than a 2+. You can also certainly get more out of your Krox than the tail, it just helps that his baseline contribution for just being in the way is already a bit of a standout among big guys.

Pretty sure even Tryhard Lizards takes the Krox because the alternative is another Skink and one less AV9 meatwad to hide him behind.

Tryhard Lizzes take the 3RRs up front and wait on getting the Krox. It, usually, means that you get more SPP on your Saurs upfront. But I've also been pretty lucky with my Lizard teams, so ymmv.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Nasgate posted:

So I beat the campaign. It gives you bizarre handicaps and weird challenges.

Last match is against skaven who randomly mutate. One of the mutations is turning into a rat ogre. Lmao though because they give you a str 5 and a str 4 star players so I ended the match 2-0 with one skaven on the field.

In other news, do I have an insanely bad streak of luck, or does the AI weigh the dice? 6 turns to pick up the ball as lizards, next game I had 2 saurus and one Krox injury while the brettonians had zero. Finally rage quit when after breaking four orc cages and their ball carriers, another orc caught the ball every loving time. And not like hot potato until they catch it, but first try blitzer.
And in 4 matches the AI has not once rolled both down unless they had block, including a mirror match vs lizardmen.

Unless they massively improved the AI, don't play single player. Get on IRC and hope one of the people who bought BB2 is around and is willing to play a game, since it sounds like MM is hosed right now.

And it sounds like Nuffle might just have it in for you. His favor comes and goes, but if you're only playing AI it probably cheats.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Washout posted:

Especially if they manage to get a Krox with block...

If you don't get an entertaining stat up +AG, your first level with Krox/Saurs should be Block. No question.

quote:

If they get there- My skinks get stomped so hard if I try to pressure the ball at all. And as soon as I got block on a saur next game he got ogred and took a minus AV. I read all bbtactics and 2:1 grind stuff but when I'm on the defensive I lose a saur to a ko and then can't protect my skinks which means no pressure so no early score for the other team. By the time they score and it's payback time all my skinks are dead. Did I just get owned by someone who knows how to ruin lizards? Is it worth spacing my saur on the Los to avoid their big guy? Ie not SKS but S K S. Sorry if rambling I'm so upset at the world right now, felt like I could do nothing right woe is me

Don't put skinks next to other things, UNLESS it will be destroyed the same turn. Krox and Saurs are gonna get punched, such is the life of the bashers. But Skinks should be protected like the delicate snowflakes they are. LOS setup depends on the opposing team. I generally tuck them in, but if its another bashy team and/or they have Guard, I might spread them out.

CoffeeQaddaffi fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Oct 5, 2015

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Orv posted:

Revolving Skink Door #1-#45

I did this for Goonbowl X, and none of them have died. And I do hella dumb poo poo with them. They're blessed or something.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Fat Samurai posted:

So, the options are:

a) 3 Blitzers, 4 Black Orcs, 1 Runner, 3 Linemen, 3RR for 990k.
b) 4 Blitzers, 4 Black Orcs, 1 Runner, 2 Linemen, 2RR for 970k.

It costs around 150k to buy an apothecary and either a Blitzer or a RR. I think the best plan is leaving the Blitzer for last, then fire any poor lineorc that has been injured. I don't feel comfortable playing with 2 RR with orcs.

The prices might not match up, but https://fumbbl.com/help:LRB6RaceStrategy has team setups for everything but Brets (and more). And Orcs are, I think, one of the teams that Cyanide decided to "balance" in BB2. Personally, I would go with a 3 RR setup. But I also start with the Fun-Haver option on Lizards of Krox and 2 RRs, so I might not be the best person to ask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Black_Nexus posted:

I think the thing that bugs me the most about blood bowl 2 is I rarely have full games.

If I am losing I usually tough it out and try to murder some of them or get passes or what not. But most people just instantly concede if anything slightly bad happens.

It was pretty much the same in BB:CE's pub league, honestly.

• Locked thread