Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Talmonis posted:

I see a lot of folks loathe playing against dwarves. What are some decent ways to actually beat them with a physical team like Orks?

Most people hate playing against dwarfs because they are popular and anyone who knows how to use them right will always play the same way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
The GW team who made bloodbowl is in contact with the cyanide people so if ballance changes have been made its probably because of them. Black orc is one of those positionals that are insanely well priced so its not really suprising theyd get a nerf.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Four full price releases of Blood Bowl for DLC content added.

they werent full price if you bought the previous one though. i think chaos edition was 9 euros on release if you owned the previous editions?

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Drone posted:

Well, this is a thing.

Give him a break, he played in an ogre team and their only way to beat elves is kill them all.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
If it was a fresh team he probably quit because he was going to restart. Losing that expencive of a player with no real SPP gained means youre better off restarting.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
It does. Problem is multiple block doesent work while blitzing so its rare youll get a chance to double stab outside the LoS.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Kick dirty player or leader dirty player are terrible skill combos. You want the dirty player to be as disposable as possible and giving highly important skills on a fouler is just a waste of TV. Usually I just fire my dirty players after the second level.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Washout posted:

Hopefully you saw this in time.

MB is fine too, means he has a better chance to kill the ball carrier.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Yorkshire Tea posted:

You're literally the one who taught me about Strip Ball, Juggernaut. You're also the one who keeps complaining whenever he sees my babby's first Welf team that has a strip ball mightyblow wardancer. :xd:

Like MB is fine if you roll dubs on the first level or if you took tackle instead of strip ball, but there is an objectively correct answer with a strip ball -> dubs wardancer.

Oh dont get me wrong, jugg is way better than MB. I just meant its a fine choice if you want to pray on the chance that one day MB will actually do something. The skill choice does make me sperg out since in serious play its kind of useless. Its a spiteful and pointless skill to pick unless youre actually turning the dancer into a dedicated killer. Which requires hoping for more dubs since MB alone isnt that amazing.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
If norse berserkers can take piling on so can war dancers :colbert:
Nobodys really safe when they take piling from my experience. You take it because youll always face players you just have to kill to win.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Block is more useful on a rat ogre but if you get a second set of dubs itd be a pretty nice choice if dodge isnt to your liking. One big problem with tentacles is that the player needs to be secure enough that a -2db isnt a tempting choice to do. or a 2db even.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
keep in mind that this is also a board game so counting every block a player does is a pain in the rear end to do.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
If you fail a dodge while using break tackle you can reroll it using the dodge skill.

Iretep fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Oct 2, 2015

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Woozy posted:

Reminder that high TV Blood Bowl is a moronic borderline unplayable clusterfuck so there's no actual reason to worry about not getting enough SPP.

someone play my 2000 TV ogre team :smithicide:
edit: no chaos clawpombers also

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Bad and funhaver go hand in hand. :v:

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Fat Samurai posted:

Raising the prices of the Blitzer kinda makes all those teams invalid, that's the problem. If you don't want to start with Goblins in the team (which I'm not brave enough to do), you have to either sacrifice a reroll or a blitzer, and wait 3-4 matches until you have what you could get after only one match in the previous version (4 Blitzers, 3 RRs and an apothecary).

It's not catastrophic but it is annoying. It also makes the Orc team less newbie friendly with one less block piece on the board, and causes TV bloat and bad rolls by having you get an extra lineorc instead of playing with no bench, like Nuffle intended.

For what is worth, I agree that a third reroll is better than an extra block piece in this case.

I find it funny you think less orc players in this world is a bad thing.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
From what I can tell Brettoinans border on the joke team level. They arent really bad but they dont have anything amazing going for them either.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
You arent in any hurry so if they do some weird mega defence then staying back until they actually pressure the ball carrier is a valid tactic. If you're aiming for a 2 turn touchdown but you cant get the ball through on turn 2 theres no reason to rush it if the ball isnt in any danger.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
It's not suprising they start strong. They have almost as much blockish skills as norse do. The problem I imagine is like with any other high skill low stat team is that once the high stat teams get levels the brets will start to under perform.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Kooriken posted:

Guys stop me I just rolled my second opportunity to take +AG on a Dwarf Runner in as many levels. I took the first one because hey, having a Dwelf is awesome, right? Now I have the opportunity to have a 5 Agility Dwarf and I know I should probably pick a skill but...5 Agility Dwarf.

AG5 means you can dodge into one tackle zone and it'd still be +2 roll. That means stopping him from scoring if he gets into scoring distance is a really annoying thing to do.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

koolaidconvoy posted:

Is there a goon tourney up or one getting organized?

Goonbowl 10 is going on right now but its in BB1.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

ProZocK posted:

So, my +AGI ork blitzer just rolled a +AV/+MA. I`m thinking +MA, is that a good idea?

If hes doing to be either a ball carrier or a catcher he wants the +mv.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
3 rerolls should be enough depending on how you play for most good teams. 4 rerolls if you like to play dangerous. Once you get into higher team value and you have all the skills you need you can do fine with just 2 depending on team.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

FoolyCharged posted:

unless the 1300 with 50 matches gets it's highly skilled player(s?) "unfortunately" fouled into tiny pieces. Or all the useless journeymen such a team would have fall apart...

if youre farming teams losing players means very little

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Parkingtigers posted:

Alright, good stuffs, thanks for the info and clarifications.

Returned to the AI competition my orcs are in, got a nice 2-0 win against dwarfs. Might keep this orc team for training purposes and trophy hunting in AI leagues while I roll some actual MP teams. Had a lovely 2 turn touchdown thanks to my first ever use of throw teammate. Turn one, put goblin next to the troll. Turn two, have my thrower run up and hand off the ball to the gobbo, then the troll hoofs the crittter upfield, uses a reroll to stick the landing then a quick run into the endzone. I have a feeling I'd like to try doing this a lot more. Great animation for this move too.

Do serious players make good use out of throw teammate? Or is it seen as a dopey gimmick? I can see it having situational usage, but I'm wondering if anyone makes serious plans around this tactic. I can see it being a must for halflings, but that's a gimmick team anyway.

Try hard orcs dont buy goblins or trolls. The troll is basically the worst TTM player in the entire game. Flings have the best TTM since the tree actually has a pretty decent chance to throw the fling. If you really want that rare one turn touchdown chance then buy the troll and goblin though. But its still a pretty low chance of working.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

iSurrender posted:

Trolls are 110k for an ST5 roadblock with high armor and regen. It's not as bad as the tryhards will try (hard) to tell you.

It has loner and a negative trait. This makes any tryhard screech in terror.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
I'd rather play against elves than dwarfs considering I can get spp from murdering the elves. Dwarfs give you poo poo for cas spp and probably wont let you score more than once either.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Is there any meaningful difference between Blood Bowl Legendary Edition and Chaos Edition other than extra teams? Also, is anyone still playing Cyanide BB1?

Legendary and chaos edition players can play each other online just fine so no.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Main problem with diving tackle on dwarfs is their main weakness is other stronger bash teams which diving tackle doesent help with at all. Dwarfs have a pretty strong defence against elves already so its not that nececary. Though I've always played around with the idea of giving diving tackle to the orc troll or black orc since they dont really need that much bash help.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Victor Vermis posted:

Consider the Dorf strat vs Elves:

On Offense: rub mans, hope they fail a 2+ early in their turn.
On Defense: rub mans, hope they fail a 2+ early in their turn.

Seems like a good idea to me.

Oh its a good idea against elves definetly. My point is as dwarves I'm not afraid of elves. I can just 2-1 grind them and they cant even leap to strip ball me since I have a blodge sure hander carrying the ball. What I'm afraid of is ST4 players and claw.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Failing a ttm landing with a non-ball carrying goblin doesent cause a turnover. I think if a goblin lands on a player both roll for armor to see if it breaks. Does not cause a turnover either unless the player the goblin landed on was your own.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Splode posted:

Is there much point to agi 5, if agi 4 generally means 2+ rolls on nearly everything already?

There are some edge cases where ag5 is stupidly good. An unmodified agility roll at ag4 is just a +3 roll but at ag5 its +2. Basically any skill that uses unmodified agility rolls become better at ag5. Skills that use unmodified agility rolls are: leap, hypnotic gaze and TTM landings. So basically wardancers really want it because they start with leap, vampires want it because they can hypnotize at a +2 roll and any stunty player thats used for one turn touchdowns with TTM wants it for that +2 landing. Personally I also take it on fast players too since as it's been said, its hard to lockdown an ag5 players since they can still do +2 dodge rolls into one tacklezone. Normal mv6 elf linos I wouldnt take it on probably but anything thats 7 or above movement then I'd definitely take it. AG5 throwers are also nice if thats your thing

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
I think the odds are the same as failing a coin flip 12 times.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
From my experience it works pretty well too, if youre playing elves and have too much gold you're either lucky, cherry picking matches or playing in a babby no bash league. Orcs and dwarfs on the other hand never seem to have any problems with gold managment.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
If I want ag2 chaos warriors ill play nurgle.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Dodge wont help when my clawpomber with tackle comes in and kills your clawpomber with dodge. :smug:

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Muscle Tracer posted:

Does BB2 single player still do that team where it matches your fresh team against a 1300 TV comp team? That was a fun decision.

The campaign basically is a tutorial at first and then slowly lets you finally play the game proper after like 4 or 6 games. It gives you permanent star players as you go so its pretty hard to lose. I beat the campaign and never let the AI score even once.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
i wish more people played elves because holy poo poo i dont want to see another chaos team with clawpombs as their only game plan

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
You dont want the chainsaw to live long anyway. Levels just bloat it since there arent many useful skills that would justify the TV increase on it.
Of the stunty teams i dont really like goblins. They have good potential but they also require a lot of dubs farming to get that potential and ultimatly the secret weapons arent that super amazing. Bombers become amazing with HMP. Ball and chain become amazing each dubs they get. First dubs is almost nececary since without block a -2db can knock them out way too easily. Trolls dont really need dubs but having block to reduce the chance of ending your turn on a both down is nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Washout posted:

I mean if you have a bunch of MNG players why not just concede a match and get them all back when there is no penalty for doing so?

If i was against elves as a bash team id stick around for the free potential murder spp. Even if you lose youll still get more spp from the game than conceding.

• Locked thread