Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chuf
Jun 28, 2011

I had that weird dream again.
Been having loads of fun with my dwarf team. Losing to one turn touchdowns from skaven, beating up orcs and my troll slayers cursed to die every match. Would be very interested in a goon league if one ever pops up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuf
Jun 28, 2011

I'm still kind of new and I've been having a lot of fun with my dark elf team, running rings around slower teams like orcs and I've found screening work really well against a slow cage like a dwarf offense. I've only played against other elves one other time and it was my impression that against elf/running teams I should try to employ the bashing game but my opponents 1600TV Welfs bashed by 1300TV delfs into the dirt in the first half, with something like 3 if my players left on the pitch when he scored a TD. I went on to pull elf bullshit and 2-turn TD'd to go on to a 2-1 victory. Should I be running and passing against other elves or was my beat down just a fluke? Also could anyone let me know how to generally use witch elves? Just managed to afford one and I'm finding the 3 strength without block difficult to use.

Chuf
Jun 28, 2011

Been playing goblins in a private league at my university. Goblins are a weird team; I picked them to have fun but I guess it's just Blood Bowl that my secret weapons are always ineffectual (I'm now on my 5th fanatic) and it ends up being the rest of the team that actually does work. Having two loner/really stupid big guys as the backbone of a team shouldn't work but it kinda does.

Chuf fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Mar 23, 2016

Chuf
Jun 28, 2011

uPen posted:

The secret to Fanatics is that you shouldn't blitz with them, they're fouling machines. When they blitz they're almost always exposed to getting smashed and if they go down they're probably out of the game. When you're fouling it's fairly easy to protect them and they're extremely good at murdering dudes on the ground.

e: yeah the looney, saw dude, whatever. The ball&chain guy is mostly useless.

Yeah I meant the chainsaw guy is the one that's dying loads, sorry for the confusion. That's some great advice as I have been blitzing with them only to have them almost immediately die. I'll try fouling, thanks.

I really like the ball and chain guy. Yes, he's quite unreliable but with such high STR I find if I can get him into the right position to tie up lots of players then he becomes a great piece. I really liked the bombardiers too until I played Welfs and my opponents war dancer threw the bomb at my ball carrier. :negative:

I guess I'm just surprised that now that my team is in the 1400 range and facing 1500-1700 teams what's working the best are my level 3 trolls and my all side-step core of goblins.

Chuf
Jun 28, 2011

Washout posted:

The backbone of your team is keeping the chainsaw on the field and activating the trolls as infrequently as possible. Keep your tv low and buy bribes so that the chainsaw can keep chainsawing between drives. But Idk if BB2 even implemented that rule.

I'm playing BB:CE but yeah I've found bribes pretty essential and have already kicked a few too high TV players and I usually get enough winnings to buy bribes even if my TV is too high. My real problem has been keeping my secret weapons alive for more than a few turns.

Coolguye posted:

great gobbo advice

Thanks for this, I've got a much clearer idea of when I should be using those pieces now. On reflection it what immeasurably stupid of me to throw a bomb at an elf but I'd never seen anyone catch the bomb before so I didn't know it could happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuf
Jun 28, 2011

We use it for our private leagues because it's on sale a lot so it's really cheap to pick up a lot of the time and it has more teams for people to choose from. But if I'm just trying to find a random game I use BB2 or fumbbl.

• Locked thread