Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
I've also noticed you can't see what individual players' values are. It's just added up. So you can't see where you have TV bloat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer

nopantsjack posted:

Yeah I don't want real time, there just must be some way they could shave some more time off, I'm having a lot of fun games where its like "jesus christ its only turn 4"
I guess the game isn't really made for it but with the progression it seems geared towards short, snappy games at least in videogame form.

I have the opposite reaction.

"OH poo poo IT'S TURN 7 GET IN SCORING POSITION!"

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer
So in a fit of rage, I rolled up a human team with the sole purpose of fouling and injuring high TV teams. No plan for winning, just fouling and injuring as much as possible.

All 6 linemen have dirty player.
4 blitzers have nothing.
The ogre's just there for MB.
I usually hire Morg'n'Thorg.

It was going well. Until a Rat team.

I had a wizard this time. He had 2 throwers, 2 linemen, a gutter, and a stormvermin within fireball radius.

I only BH one. Followup foul on gutter. Stunned. Sent off.

Next turn foul. Stunned. Sent off.

The rats proceed to wreck my poo poo, getting 2 KO's, and 5 injures including 2 MNG and 2 AV/AG stat injuries.

Nuffle was tired of my poo poo.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Voyager I posted:

Many of the players I've been seeing on streams have been pretty egregiously bad, even by my dim standards, which makes the game tempting to pick up just to go on a murderspree, but aha I'm not giving a poo poo developer $40 for 8 teams.

I need to figure out a private stream so you can teach me the ways to, y'know, play competently.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer
On my Dorf team, I have a runner with +STR and block, and a runner with +AG.

And yes everyone else has guard.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer
NAF is the goon league, coordinate rofflestomps via IRC.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Gamesguy posted:

Is there going to be a goon league for BB2?

KyloWinter posted:

Will there be a goon league on release tomorrow ?

MRLOLAST posted:

Will there be a goon league for BB2?

Jack Trades posted:

So, the game is out now. How do I play with goons? Do we have a league?

Gamesguy posted:

Do we have a league for BB2?

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Do we have a league for BB2?

Make one.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Talmonis posted:

Speaking of Dwarves, does anyone have some tips on how to deal with the Death Roller?

You sacrifice one lino to eat its punches.

What I've seen is the fun-havers will buy the free bribe upgrade to keep the roller for 2 drives. If you choose to recieve to start, they won't put it on the field. Take that time to punch the poo poo out of the other team and force KOs and injuries so that when you score on turn 8, the roller has to eat a one turn bribe. Then in the second half get the ball back as best you can, score quickly, and see that roller contribute nothing on the sideline.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sgt. Anime Pederast posted:

What's the best way to gently caress up a POMB claw team anyway?

Armor 8/7 Team.
LOTS of guard.
Dirty Player/Sneaky Git
Bribes

Basically Gobbos.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I surf when I can, but I rarely foul. Only time I've gone out of my way to foul is when I made gimmick teams full of throw-away linemen and enough for 2 bribes.

I think it's a case of I'd rather have a dude on the pitch giving a punching assist than a fouling assist.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer

ProZocK posted:

In a related note I now have 300k gold on bank. What kind of stadium improvement should I get? I'm thinking on the squig sandwich so I dont have to worry about rocks( i hate that event),

Astro-granite or beer stand. More injuries, more fun.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer
That would be a good idea.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, rats and elfs get away with a lot of poo poo. Even thought they're designed to get away with poo poo, they get away with poo poo just enough to piss you off.

Brets and Khemri you almost always kinda wanna root for, even if you're playing against them.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The only true Goon league is the one you scam others into conceding against you in order to join.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer
cknoor and Sage already won BB2:LE

https://clips.twitch.tv/GiantAdorableTardigradeFeelsBadMan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer

FalloutGod posted:

I keep seeing that the AI is bad and teaches you bad habits but can I get some examples of those bad habits? Watching agent's new LP is making me want to play again and I already own the first BB. Does the new game improve the AI in any noticeable way?

There has been some AI improvement since BB:CE, such as caging and awareness of the sideline, and some semblance of "I should score". But the AI lacks ability and knowledge of the meta level of Blood Bowl.

For example, you'll never see the AI punt the ball downfield to buy time for faster nimble players to get around and secure the ball from what was otherwise a bad field position.

The AI will not target and mercilessly foul your +STR piece.

Trolls will often try to blitz up on their own without a teammate nearby.

In fact, there's a lot of order of operation stuff the AI seems to struggle with.

I think the most meta thing I've seen the AI do was create a Chorf team of Hobgoblins. I might be confusing that with BB:CE though.

• Locked thread