Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Whelp, this thread just reminded me to pick this up. I played quite a bit of the original but never had time for goon leagues. Now I should have the time and I want pretty graphics.

Edit: Torn if I should pick Wood elves or Lizardmen. I hate Woodelves well...... when I am playing against them that is.

Raged fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Sep 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Whelp.....

Bought it, Downloaded it, booted it up and asked for a Steam refund 10 min later.

Sure I can run it at max resolution 1920x1080but my lappy could barley put out 11 FPS at the main menu(even thought it runs BF4 perfectly fine). Lower the resolution to 1600x900 and I am stuck with a tiny window. Surely there is a graphic option that puts me into fullscreen. Click on graphic options and start laughing that there are more graphic options on most PS4 games. Check forums and find a developer post that says the game only supports fullscreen at max resolution. Laugh some more and put in for refund.

In 30 years I don't think I can ever remember a game that did not allow you to run the game in non native full screen. What a joke of a developer.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

GNU Order posted:

On the topic of murder + telling good blood bowl stories, some of the most fun I've ever had playing a video game was running a cheated, farmed up minmaxed hypermurder clawpomb Chaos squad against clueless pubbbies.

I ended a game with 13 CASes and a KO scored against a 14 man halfling team. I almost felt bad. Almost.

Wow real cool... cheating. You must be real popular with the ladies.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
What is a good site for team guides and strats?

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Drone posted:

I think this was something that they've said isn't going to happen.

That's just sad. If Rocket League can pull it off with PC & PS4 then it can be done here. If Microsoft says no then just let them play with themselves.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
The full game is supposed to unlock at 11am CST.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Played 1st game as chaos and fully expected to lose when I saw a 1200 point dwarf team.

Me: GL & HF
Him: F U scrub

Don't know how he got 1200(lol dwarf) cause he was utter poo poo. Using GFI 2x first play of the game to pick up the ball. Nuffle smiled on his reroll. My turn nuffle smiled on me and I injured his Troll slayer -1 Str. Kept him from scoring the first half and repeatedly beat the poo poo out of his runners till the were both KO. 2nd half my warrior spent 3 turns at his goal line chilling as I methodically beat the poo poo out of his team over and over. 1-0

Wish he had conceeded though. Could use some block.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Where is the player marketplace at? I can't seem to find it. Want to pick up some cheap replacements.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Bruceski posted:

So do Assassins still get SPP off of Stab despite the skill specifically saying they don't, like in BB1?

Nope

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Honestly my chaos team is not there to win games at all. It is a team the built for the sole purpose of making people swear at me in game as much as humanly possible.

I am going to pass on the goon league for this round. I'm working real odd hours and living in Australia. Next round I join and will be able to make my matches.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Just snatched victory from the jaws of defeat.

Chaos vs Chaos which is getting really old. Previous game was the same and one of my beastmen was able to upgrade Agi. Decided my "killer" team is going to start pulling Elf poo poo against chaos. First half I knock a hole in his line and my dancing beastman dives through and a turn later blitzes through a half formed cage and grabs the ball and scores.

On my opponents next drive nuffle punished my hubris and he scored on turn 8. 2 injury(miss one match) and 2 KOon my side. I KO'ed 2 and caused one injury but the apothecary let him come back next drive. 2nd half and all his KO come back and none of mine. I'm 7 vs 11 and know I need to pull some poo poo so I put my Dancing Beastman midway and a few back with my warriors up front. Of course the kickoff lands right in front of the line of scrimmage. Random beatman picks it up and passes it to the back to buy time. of course it misses but hey it's in the back.

2 turns later Dancing Beastman gets to the ball and picks it up. My emergency front line defense is crumbling and my blitz had freed a warrior on the line of scrimage on the opposite side of the main push. DB run and passes and my warrior is free and clear with no on standing catch up to him. I was soooooo loving pumped. 3 turns left to hold my opponent On next to last turn. DB blitzes the cage(and spends a reroll on the block) and knocks the ball far enough back where he can't score by the end of the game.

Most satisfying victory I have had with BB2.

Oh and that Warrior that caught the ball and ran in the TD. He leveled and now has +1 Agi(along with block) .

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Whelp, Snake in my Pants(Liz) and Stiff Woodies(WE) made just in case that prevents them taking away one team from me.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
^^^^ I see we went with the same naming theme

MRLOLAST posted:

I have! And I got many more in my juvenile brain :)

My High Elf team is Jared's Kids. I don't know why, but Blood Bowl brings out my inner 12 yr old.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

dogstile posted:

I'm a little disappointed that I won't be buying this early purely because I can't make hilarious team names as they'll all be taken.

There is alway more and it's always worse.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Oh god I have a 5 Str Saurus . It is just wrong, so wrong. My Krox and him are best of buddies.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Jade Star posted:

Is the ALT F4 before the match loads still a thing.

Nope. Someone pulls that you get the win.

Also I'm glad I can't possibly face farmed team and happy they went with the nuclear option. If you want farmed teams go play BB:CE

I am having a blast with the game. I honestly have not come across any game breaking bugs. That's not saying the game is perfect by any means. If you like BB you will like this. If you are a grognard then wait a bit.

Raged fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Sep 29, 2015

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Blackmage Yapo posted:

Fyi direct challenges aren't the preferred farming method for teams. You make a four man league and just admin set wins for hundreds of seasons. Only takes about half an hour to get an incredible min/max team.

Saying you can't POSSIBLY face farmed teams is just ignorant.

I'm talking in the big main league and all leagues that require a brand new team. You won't ever catch me playing in a league that does not require a brand new team to enter. If I'm going to be in a small league like a goon on then it's going to be a new team league.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I normally play for the win. However if someone starts cussing me out the first time I block and injure a guy then I will try my best to kill every player they have. Last game I played against Skaven and this guy would just not stop bitching about how lizards are unfair and noob this noob that. I killed 2 gutter runners caused multiple injuries. Last turn we were tied and I could attempt to pick up the ball and win or foul his level 3 Rat Orge.

I really hope he enjoys his 4 Str Rat Orge.

That being said I have played and chatted with some really fun and cool people in public league. Both winners and losers.

I just had a Skink level up for the first time and got 12. Should I take Block, Sure hands or +Str

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
You know what feels good? Coming across a claw mighty blow chaos team and wrecking their poo poo so bad that they concede half way through the second half

I'm finding a good portion of "Killer Chaos" players are as bad as dwarf players. Lizards are great for loving them up too. Just about every turn I would bash the poo poo out of what he had in my tackle zones and only leave him with his blitz. He would then have to double up players on my Saurus to get 2db and would get punished for it next turn.

Be willing to play chaos and use your brains. Most of them aren't using thiers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Nasgate posted:

Switch spp rewards of injury with passing. Or at least bring it down to 1. Accidentally killing a dude is reward enough. It's also just stupid that rng hurting a dude is worth more than actively trying to win.

In general the costs of units and rewards feel unbalanced for the game, like they're ripped straight from tt without any thought.

I think you are playing the wrong game. This is Blood Bowl.

• Locked thread