Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Coffeehitler posted:

I'll wait for BB2: Chaos Edition where they fix everything in 2 years.
This. God, what a disappointment. Back to fumbll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
So how much is this game actually worth? They want AAA-pricing for this game £35 but that seems steep for fixing a bunch of old problems but introducing new ones.

Like, £20 maybe? Because it's still basically Blood Bowl and Cyanide can't really gently caress the good core gameplay up, can they?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Don't get me wrong I love Blood Bowl, but Blood Bowl 1.0 was a janky-as-hell game and stayed that way for quite a while. Is this a similar rough start where Cyanide have promised improvements and patches (besides just team DLC), or is this actually a good game straight out of the gate?

Would love it if people who've bought BB2 could post a little about what they think when the full game comes out. :)

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Bretonnias team of the year.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Onto less questionable subjects; how many matches does the SP tutorial go on for? I'm on the second match and it is very tedious.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
It is definitely not good, I just beat match #2 and it hasn't even introduced turnovers yet which is pretty goddamn important, and of course it has that thing where the AI will fight incredibly differently from a human player and playing vs it will only teach you bad habits.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
poo poo, double post

Pierson fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Sep 23, 2015

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I'd forgotten how angry pubbies can get when you foul. Not even a successful foul, just using the mechanic itself. Of course I'm going to boot your black orc if he's right there in front of me?

Snatch Duster posted:

Still no SA League yet?
What's the advantage of a goon-only league vs just getting on IRC and asking for a match, or all joining the basic official league and doing it from there? I don't know how leagues work, I never paid much attention to them in BB1.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Speaking of Wood Elves!

Linemen first skillup; block or dodge? I forget the percentages, and it feels like dodge would be more suitable for the WE style of play of 'never let the opponent tackle you'.

Also while I'm at it, should my first priority for cash be another reroll?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Well I already gave two WE linemen Block but the way I see it is it isn't a gigantic fuckup like giving them all Kick or something, they'll still be useful on the LoS and for when I do actually need to tackle someone. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
In BB2 when you join a league does the team have to stay in that league forever or can you duck in and out of whatever you want?

• Locked thread