Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
d3c0y2
Sep 29, 2009

Constant Hamprince posted:

This is what Corbyn supporters actually believe.

Corbyn actually does well across the board having secured higher support statistics than the other 3 candidates in polls conducted among self-identified UKIP, Green and Lib Dem voters. Only Tory voters rated Burham higher overall. Also if you dont realise that the vast majority of that non-voting part of the population is left-leaning then you've really got to get your head out your rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

d3c0y2
Sep 29, 2009
Thing is Corbyn is only a moderate Keynesian, he's hardly particularly leftwing when he's put into historical perspective. Know who else identified as Keynesian? Peter Tapsell who was a Tory MP between 1959 and 2015 until he retired. MacMillian was a self-identified one-nation keynesian Tory and was elected Prime Minister in 1957 as a Tory.

Both these men are economically about as left as Corbyn and Macmillian is considered one of the greated Tory statesmen of the modern era and Tapsell is considered a great tory rolemodel by many. How can Corbyn be ultra-left wing and a threat to security when two Tory heroes are by that same criteria also "commie loonies"

it's pure stupid propaganda; issue is it's endemic enough that enough people might believe it.

d3c0y2
Sep 29, 2009
Corbyn is unelectable basically is a tautology.

He's unelectable because the media says he is, and the media says he is because he's "unelectable". It's complete barren politics, its politics at it's most perverse, completely detached from reality and language. His politics are looney left despite being Politics that Tory MP's got elected on pre-Thatcher for no other reason than people are saying he's looney left.

There is completely no substance to any claim that he is unelectable due to his politics; he may be unelectable due to the complete barrage of negative press he's getting but then he's basically only unelectable because people keep saying he's unelectable. It was exactly due to a a reaction of this dispassionate loving cynical politics that Corbyn swooped the Labour election. I honestly don't know if he could take a General Election; all opposition arguments from within the party and the media have been completely laughable and without any actual substance to them, but that may not matter.

d3c0y2
Sep 29, 2009

Kitchner posted:

I mean I could start my own party tomorrow and have 100% say over what it's policies are and they will be just as likely to get implemented as Corbyn's as neither of us will win the next election.

I always wonder who these people are trying to persuade when they post poo poo like this. Are you trying to persuade yourself or others?

d3c0y2
Sep 29, 2009

les fleurs du mall posted:

he's right, so you

It's 5 years from now, we don't know who's right but silly defeatist poo poo like that written with the absolute confidence of a political idiot is just laughable.

Will Corbyn win? I don't know, it's just as silly to make a ridiculous prediction that he definitely will win as it is to say he won't.

Anyone who thinks they definitely loving know the political landscape 5 years from now is either an idiot or a dishonest shill regardless of which way they lean.

d3c0y2
Sep 29, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

You had to google "Lebensraum"?

The Failing Western School System.

d3c0y2
Sep 29, 2009

Kitchner posted:

You might be, but if those who voted for Corbyn are basically ditching a lot of the principles that made New Labour successful, which is what the party has now done.

You can't both be proud of what was achieved 97-13 (bad stuff aside) and also be a hard left supporter as a lot of policy decisions are incompatible.

Dunno if you're named after Lord Kitchener or not but can you please get aboard HMS Hampshire and then drown already.

d3c0y2
Sep 29, 2009

SirEvelynTremble posted:

I prefer what Labour did '23 - '97

History is over man, nothing pre 1997 counts if your a labour supporter or pre-Thatcher if you're a Tory. We have reached the zenith of our civilisation and from this point on the political system as is is the only possible or comprehensible one. Disagree and you're a looney left.

d3c0y2
Sep 29, 2009
Well Black has just called out the Tories for sniggering during the first Prime Minister Questions.

Apparantly the Tory cunts found it funny that Corbyn was letting people send him questions to ask the PM rather than the usual heckling old boy wank club that PMQ has been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

d3c0y2
Sep 29, 2009
I used to read RT when I was writing on Russia during my degree several years back, I dont read it now because I find Al Jazeera to be a much better news source than any other and im no longer a student who somehow thinks anything non-western is automatically good. I find all the British newspapers to be absolute rags now, but that doesn't mean RT is any better.

• Locked thread