Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

It's a pity that the shadow cabinet is going to the backbenches before Jez gets to purge them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

I haven't been keeping up with the British election/fallout, we've got our own thing going on here in Canada. What happened?

A left-wing 80s throwback is now n charge of the main opposition party.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

fatninja187 posted:

The best bit is how the new labour candidates were all talking about what a throwback he was and how he is too left wing etc

And he ended up winning the party leadership campaign with like 60% of the vote lol

I mean seriously getting Tony Blair to bad mouth the guy what a dumb move, that itself pretty much guaranteed people were going to vote for him

Also hilarious when Gordon Brown warned people against voting for Corbyn.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

I thought Britain was gonna stand with us against Isis, looks like we're on our own.

The UK's too busy stopping it's own citizens joining ISIS.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Strategic Tea posted:

Might even like the guy if he wasn't so eager to speak on the propaganda TV for shithole dictatorship #36 about how he totally respects their national traditions of killing gays and torturing dissidents. And maybe taking the odd donation for his trouble - I guess he's not too far from the Blairite comfort zone after all! Might even be a Tory...

Did you know it's okay to be a vicious police state as long as you're an opponent of America? It's true! Sticking it to the US is worth any cost, to teach it a lesson for being such a vicious police state.

When did he say killing gays and torturing dissidents was okay?

Anyway, time to dig a deeper grave for Maggie!

etalian posted:

To be cool like France

Frnce is in NATO.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

Also Thatcher was right, sorry you're still butthurt decades later. Maybe you should write another musical about it????

Cameron is even more of a oval office anyway,

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Constant Hamprince posted:

This is what Corbyn supporters actually believe.

Makes more sense than trying to attract Tory voters by being another Tory party.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

les fleurs du mall posted:

its a shame this is only happening now instead of right before the next gen election

he's got waaay too much time to gently caress up and be slandered to all heck before he gets his shot at t big time

tbh, I think he needs the time to redefine the party and get tough on Cameron in Parlianment. It'll be a 5-year long election campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Corbyn looks like a kindly old man who gives out Werthers Originals generously.

• Locked thread