Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

wouldn't the easiest way to do that just to be to pull out all the clock parts, disable the parts of the display that are used for all numbers except 4:20, and then just hook the display up directly to the power source

Easiest thing still would just be to find an analog clock and remove the battery and just leave it at 4:20, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

JediTalentAgent posted:

Easiest thing still would just be to find an analog clock and remove the battery and just leave it at 4:20, too.

like anyone who cares when it's 4:20 can or will read an analog clock

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Top City Homo posted:

so has everyone forgot about the derka clock bomb yet because a craccker killed some kids in oregon or is this still a thing we talk about?

keep loving that chicken

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
"It's a global 4:20 alarm clock! If you think about it, it's 4:20 at like 24 times a day somewhere on Earth! So, every 20 minutes after an hour, alarm goes off. It's been going off all day since I got to school."

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Top City Homo posted:

so has everyone forgot about the derka clock bomb yet because a craccker killed some kids in oregon or is this still a thing we talk about?

that was a bad apple not a terist ok?

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
i not only forgot.... i never remembered

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

JediTalentAgent posted:

"It's a global 4:20 alarm clock! If you think about it, it's 4:20 at like 24 times a day somewhere on Earth! So, every 20 minutes after an hour, alarm goes off. It's been going off all day since I got to school."

Hey.
Hey.
Ready to have your mind blown?
:science: Due to human politics, there are not 24 time zones, there are 40!

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Rastor posted:

Hey.
Hey.
Ready to have your mind blown?
:science: Due to human politics, there are not 24 time zones, there are 40!

So the. alarm goes off every 36 minutes instead.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
"I invented Boob-o-clock. Every 2h, 13m and 28s , this baby goes off, telling you it's 'boob time'!"

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

gently caress the ROW posted:

i not only forgot.... i never remembered

hosed up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX1SojKfgNI

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

JediTalentAgent posted:

"I invented Boob-o-clock. Every 2h, 13m and 28s , this baby goes off, telling you it's 'boob time'!"

pm me

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

No. 6 posted:

So the. alarm goes off every 36 minutes instead.

they're not all evenly spaced

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes
:siren: Today Clock Boy and the Bomb Hoax Family will visit the White House :siren:

Fresh off his world tour, where he has charmed the likes of Omar al-Bashir, Clock Boy will finally meet his biggest fan, Barack Hussein Obama.

Here is Clock Boy with his new friend, The Butcher of Darfur:

The good Butcher is notable for having led a genocide of 400,000 people and embezzling 9 billion dollars from his impoverished country.

Clock boy is truly a shining example of modern American youth. As-salāmu ʿalayka, you inspirational little clock maker!

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
He's lost my vote

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
he'll never be the head of a major corporation :D

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
To translate this from the original right-wing dog whistle:

quote:

Boy and family visiting the Sudan. Meet briefly with president of that country in meaningless PR photo op.

The kid and his parents may well be pieces of poo poo, that doesn't mean arresting the kid for a pencil case clock was in any way justified.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

kindermord posted:

:siren: Today Clock Boy and the Bomb Hoax Family will visit the White House :siren:

Fresh off his world tour, where he has charmed the likes of Omar al-Bashir, Clock Boy will finally meet his biggest fan, Barack Hussein Obama.

The good Butcher is notable for having led a genocide of 400,000 people and embezzling 9 billion dollars from his impoverished country.

Clock boy is truly a shining example of modern American youth. As-salāmu ʿalayka, you inspirational little clock maker!

It's good to have a role model to aspire to. DTA DTI.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
If it wasn't clear, I mean Omar al-Bashir has lost my vote because of his association with Clock Boy.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
i hope that when they visit the White House the mom has on one of those full-body Afghanistan burkas and Obama has to take pictures with her

Hot Cosby
Sep 23, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Knight posted:

If it wasn't clear, I mean Omar al-Bashir has lost my vote because of his association with Clock Boy.

he cant run for a third term anyway

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

kindermord posted:

:wow:

#1 that's terror

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Gorilla Salad posted:

To translate this from the original right-wing dog whistle:

The kid and his parents may well be pieces of poo poo, that doesn't mean arresting the kid for a pencil case clock was in any way justified.

imo remove kebab

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Knight posted:

Lol @ free elections in Sudan. al-Bashir is president in the same way that Museveni is also not a dictator for life.

This could've been the story that might have gotten legs months ago if pathologically racist conservative bloggers weren't so bigoted. Clock Dad keeps running for president of Sudan: Does al-Bashir like that that gives his overwhelming re-elections a semblance of legitimacy? Are they buddies? Should the US government cease swapping intelligence with Sudan to help them fight the ultra-ultra-muslim South Sudan?

But nope, we got that JPG with "3 of these are bombs, one is not - Can you spot which is which before you are terrorism'd in 5 seconds?"

bing_commander
Aug 14, 2009

In other news..
the kid took apart a line power appliance without electrocuting himself. that has to put him in the 90th percentile in texas

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

bing_commander posted:

the kid took apart a line power appliance without electrocuting himself. that has to put him in the 90th percentile in texas

and he's gonna get stalked by insane racists for the rest of his life

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

muslim clock boy, now 45, caught throwing bacon mccheese wrapper on ground! Brietbort exclusiv

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

katlington posted:

and he's gonna get stalked by insane racists for the rest of his life

good

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Absolute perfection.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/texas-teen-arrested-homemade-clock-hugs-president-obama-article-1.2404342

quote:

DALLAS (AP) — The family of a 14-year-old Muslim boy from Texas who was arrested after a homemade clock he brought to school was mistaken for a possible bomb has announced he'll be attending school in the Middle East.

Ahmed Mohamed's family said in a statement Tuesday they've accepted a foundation's offer to pay for his high school and college in Doha, Qatar. He recently visited the country as part of a whirlwind month that included a visit Monday to the White House.

Ahmed's father, Mohamed Elhassan Mohamed, told The Dallas Morning News that "we are going to move to a place where my kids can study and learn and all of them being accepted by that country."

Ahmed was arrested last month after bringing the clock to his high school in Irving, a Dallas suburb.

e: Qatar - more humane than Texas, USA.

Bethamphetamine fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Oct 21, 2015

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
Qatar, a place known for its superb human rights record

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
if theirs any justice in this world he will return with a suitcase nuke and take out washington dc

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Also an area known for inventing modern number system, modern medicine, modern mathematics and modern astronomy. They might be some conservative unyielding jerks, but they're well educated, conservative unyielding jerks.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Hadlock posted:

Also an area known for inventing modern number system, modern medicine, modern mathematics and modern astronomy. They might be some conservative unyielding jerks, but they're well educated, conservative unyielding jerks.

But seriously enough about Texas

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Hadlock posted:

I don't think that his family had a problem with the rigor of America's curriculum but if they did, Qatar isn't the place to move to. I know nothing about that particular school but uh

quote:

An assessment test published in 2008 revealed that only a small portion of students were able to meet the new curriculum standards. Approximately 10% met the standards in English, 5% in Arabic and less than 1% met the standards in mathematics and sciences.[10] A 2015 study conducted by the OECD ranked Qatar in the bottom 10 of its educational index.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Except the man who is accredited with coming up with algebra was Persian, while the first use of zero was in modern day India. Qatar is farther south and is known for slave labor and the country has among the highest rates of obesity, diabetes and genetic disorders in the world.

It officially supports the Arab Spring so maybe Ahmed Mohamed will see how to make a REAL clock.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Qatar also fully funds Al Jazeera news* network, which is arguably on par with the BBC.

*Al Jazeera, not Al Jazeera America

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Ahmed is going to start tweeting in arabic, and after that every single nasty, sniping right-wing american media whore is going to lose track of him simply for their plain ignorance.

The only crime greater than being a brown-skinned muslim is flipping the bird and saying "see you later, shitlords" to a petulant group of people that want to brutalize you (and expect to have this privilege unchallenged), but didn't and can't.

Sorry, Obama - I'm looking for brighter pastures in Qatar. Texas is just too barbaric for my family.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Top City Homo posted:

imo remove kebab

imo, remove wafer

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Who will we get to disassemble our clocks now?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
I hope ahmed goes on to do great things in life but I really hope this comes back to bite texas in the rear end in a big way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Maybe he really was trying to blow up the school and now the family's jumping ship before the NCIS catch him.

I know the NCIS will catch him if it's true because they Always Get Their Man

• Locked thread