Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

RULES

1) Don't Sit Your Studs. You drafted them high for a reason. Let the player's ADP be your guide for the first 4 weeks or so.
2) Note your scoring settings.
3) Present the options as simply and succinctly as possible. Don't write a novella about how you are on the fence about so-and-so because the weather conditions are yappity-yap and the guy defending him has a fungal infection. Get to the loving point so we can give our thoughts and move on.

Pick 1WR, 1FLEX, 0.5 ppr

WR Kendall Wright @ Cle
WR Roddy White @ NYG
WR Steve Smith Sr @ Oak
TE Greg Olson vs Hou

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
So I managed to grab some guys off the waivers to supplement my bench and replace some gambles I had in week 1.

Currently starting 0.5 PPR league with 2 flex spots:

RB1: Matt Forte vs. ARI
RB2 Lamar Miller vs. JAC
WR1: Odell Beckham vs. ATL
WR2: Brandin Cooks vs. TB
Flex 1: LeGarrette Blount vs. BUF
Flex 2: Roddy White vs. NYG

Bench options:

RB Joique Bell vs. MIN
RB Danny Woodhead vs. CIN
WR Vincent Jackson vs. NO
WR Stevie Johnson vs. CIN
WR James Jones vs. SEA

Flex spots are wide open, also open to opinions on my 2 positions for RB and WR.

Ouhei fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Sep 16, 2015

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Thoughts on playing Matt Ryan at NYG? The Giants D looks weak, but they're playing at home and I'm worried Ryan might have one of his "bad" games for whatever stupid reason.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
Pick 2 Flexes, standard scoring, 0 PPR:
WR: Quick, Baldwin, Hurns, Funchess, JJ Nelson, Andre Roberts, Ted Ginn Jr, Janis, Devin Smith
RB: Blount, Dunbar, Sims, Powell, Bush, Mike Davis, Buck Allen, Dri Archer, Taiwan Jones
TE: Owen Daniels

My starters are Hopkins Coleman and Wallace at WR and L. Murray and Hyde at RB

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Standard, need to pick one RB out of:
  • T. Coleman @ Giants (got 20 carries week 1, giants D is probably not good)
  • B. Sankey @ Browns (had a big week 1, probably inflated by a bad TB defense, might not actually be good, best matchup on paper)
  • L. Murray vs. Ravens (probably the most talented of the 3 but has the worst matchup this week)

Parker Lewis fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Sep 16, 2015

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

winvirus posted:

RULES

1) Don't Sit Your Studs. You drafted them high for a reason. Let the player's ADP be your guide for the first 4 weeks or so.
2) Note your scoring settings.
3) Present the options as simply and succinctly as possible. Don't write a novella about how you are on the fence about so-and-so because the weather conditions are yappity-yap and the guy defending him has a fungal infection. Get to the loving point so we can give our thoughts and move on.

Pick 1WR, 1FLEX, 0.5 ppr

WR Kendall Wright @ Cle
WR Roddy White @ NYG
WR Steve Smith Sr @ Oak
TE Greg Olson vs Hou

No idea. Flip some coins. Count on a bounce back for Smith or Olsen? If not, Wright and White are fine. But I might go... Wright and Olsen :iiam:

Ouhei posted:

So I managed to grab some guys off the waivers to supplement my bench and replace some gambles I had in week 1.

Currently starting:

RB1: Matt Forte vs. ARI
RB2 Lamar Miller vs. JAC
WR1: Odell Beckham vs. ATL
WR2: Brandin Cooks vs. TB
Flex 1: LeGarrette Blount vs. BUF
Flex 2: Roddy White vs. NYG

Bench options:

RB Joique Bell vs. MIN
RB Danny Woodhead vs. CIN
WR Vincent Jackson vs. NO
WR Stevie Johnson vs. CIN
WR James Jones vs. SEA

Flex spots are wide open, also open to opinions on my 2 positions for RB and WR.

PPR or standard? Blount is good there if standard, otherwise I might try to avoid Buffalo's D and go Woodhead or Stevie there.

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

Thoughts on playing Matt Ryan at NYG? The Giants D looks weak, but they're playing at home and I'm worried Ryan might have one of his "bad" games for whatever stupid reason.

You didn't give an alternative, so yeah, I'd say you should start Ryan over an empty spot :v: (No, you shouldn't worry about Ryan having a bad game, he's going to throw to Julio and score a million points)

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

Pick 2 Flexes, standard scoring, 0 PPR:
WR: Quick, Baldwin, Hurns, Funchess, JJ Nelson, Andre Roberts, Ted Ginn Jr, Janis, Devin Smith
RB: Blount, Dunbar, Sims, Powell, Bush, Mike Davis, Buck Allen, Dri Archer, Taiwan Jones
TE: Owen Daniels

My starters are Hopkins Coleman and Wallace at WR and L. Murray and Hyde at RB

Blount and Dunbar.

Parker Lewis posted:

Standard, need to pick one RB out of:
  • T. Coleman @ Giants (got 20 carries week 1, giants D is probably not good)
  • B. Sankey @ Browns (had a big week 1, probably inflated by a bad TB defense, might not actually be good, best matchup on paper)
  • L. Murray vs. Ravens (probably the most talented of the 3 but has the worst matchup this week)

I like Coleman here.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Standard:

Pick one QB:

Peyton Manning vs KC
Marcus Mariota vs Cleveland

Is it too early to panic? I have Emmanuel Sanders, who almost put up huge numbers the other day.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
Eddie Royal vs ARI , Lance Dunbar @ PHI, or Cole Beasley @ PHI for a FLEX spot? 1PPR.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

RVProfootballer posted:

PPR or standard? Blount is good there if standard, otherwise I might try to avoid Buffalo's D and go Woodhead or Stevie there.
Forgot to add that, we're 0.5 PPR.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
I'm stuck with some guy who shat the bed week 1 but I'm too scared to sit and so I've got analysis paralysis.

In a standard scoring ESPN league:
Peyton (vs KC) or Romo (vs Phi)
Sammy Watkins (vs NE) or Fitzgerald (vs Chi) - this one seems obvious to Fitz since Chicago's secondary is butte and Sammy got shut out last week, but I feel like his upside is really high and Fitz has burnt me in the past.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Woodhead or Gordon @ Cinn

.5PPR league everything else standard yahoo

edit - nevermind, figured it out on my own... HOWEVER....

Gordon or Jonathan Stewart (vs Houston) - Same league

TUS fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Sep 16, 2015

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

SweetJahasus posted:

I'm stuck with some guy who shat the bed week 1 but I'm too scared to sit and so I've got analysis paralysis.

In a standard scoring ESPN league:
Peyton (vs KC) or Romo (vs Phi)
Sammy Watkins (vs NE) or Fitzgerald (vs Chi) - this one seems obvious to Fitz since Chicago's secondary is butte and Sammy got shut out last week, but I feel like his upside is really high and Fitz has burnt me in the past.

Romo and Fitz. Nothing to do with Peyton and Watkins making GBS threads the bed, but Romo in a shootout and Fitz against the Bears are obvious plays. You should probably plan on starting Fitz over Watkins most weeks, tbh. I wouldn't shy away from Peyton so much, but this week given Romo's matchup and Peyton's poor showing, hurt back, and short week, it's an easy call.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
pick 1 WR and a FLEX, standard ESPN scoring no PPR

Stevie Johnson @CIN
Terrance Williams @PHI
Anquan Boldin @PIT
Golden Tate @MIN
Chris Johnson @CHI

Leaning Terrance and CJ2K, but Stevie is tempting.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

dxt posted:

Stevie Johnson @CIN
Terrance Williams @PHI
Anquan Boldin @PIT
Golden Tate @MIN
Chris Johnson @CHI

I really don't like Terrance after that first game where he seemed to drop everything that came his way. I think Cole Beasley sees a much larger % of the targets with Dez out and Terrance is too hit or miss. I would most likely go Stevie and CJ2K.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

dxt posted:

Stevie Johnson @CIN
Terrance Williams @PHI
Anquan Boldin @PIT
Golden Tate @MIN
Chris Johnson @CHI

I'd go Stevie and Tate.

1PPR start Danny Woodhead at Cincy or Latavius Murray vs Baltimore?

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
Pick a flex - .5ppr 12 team

Andre Johnson @ Jets
Danny Woodhead @ Bengals
Stevie Johnson @ Bengals

Right now I'm leaning Woodhead until AJ80 shows me he can produce. If Hilton is out, AJ80 would draw Revis which would be a nightmare.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home
^^^Woodhead seems like the safest play there. I feel like at worst he'll put up 6-8 pts while the other 2 are kind of question marks

1ppr need a flex.

Percy Harvin v NE
Bishop Sankey @ Cle
Benny Cunningham (if mason and Gurley are out) @ Was
Ryan Mathews v Dal

I'm thinking Sankey right now since the Browns are so bad but I'm not sold on him. Harvin is my other top choice.

bigbillystyle fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Sep 16, 2015

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I'd go Sankey probably.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

RVProfootballer posted:

Romo and Fitz. Nothing to do with Peyton and Watkins making GBS threads the bed, but Romo in a shootout and Fitz against the Bears are obvious plays. You should probably plan on starting Fitz over Watkins most weeks, tbh. I wouldn't shy away from Peyton so much, but this week given Romo's matchup and Peyton's poor showing, hurt back, and short week, it's an easy call.

These are pretty much my exact thoughts on the matter, I just needed to hear it from someone else. Thanks goonbro. :keke::respek::cool:

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Prophecy120 posted:

Pick a flex - .5ppr 12 team

Andre Johnson @ Jets
Danny Woodhead @ Bengals
Stevie Johnson @ Bengals

Right now I'm leaning Woodhead until AJ80 shows me he can produce. If Hilton is out, AJ80 would draw Revis which would be a nightmare.

Woodhead's scoring was very TD dependent last game and I wouldn't go into Week 2 expecting the same. Johnson looks like he has the higher floor (caught 6 passses for 82 yards).

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Durrr I forgot these are weekly threads

My weekly WR2/flex circus continues (now with more relevant Terrance Williams!), current choices in bold (0ppr):

Maclin vs DEN
Tate @ MIN
Boldin @ PIT
T.Williams @ PHI
Chris Johnson @ CHI
Gio vs SD
Blount @ BUF

WR1: Cobb
RB1/2: Lacy/Morris

matthew j posted:

Isaiah Crowell or Amari Copper in my flex spot for a PPR league?
I would go cooper because he should see lots of targets and Crowell is :rip:

edit:
I didn't really consider it a choice till reading last nights posts in the general thread, but for TE:
ASJ or Ertz?

365 Nog Hogger fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Sep 16, 2015

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Standard ESPN scoring

Rivers @ Cin
or
Newton @ Hou?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

365 Nog Hogger posted:

Durrr I forgot these are weekly threads

My weekly WR2/flex circus continues (now with more relevant Terrance Williams!), current choices in bold (0ppr):

Maclin vs DEN
Tate @ MIN
Boldin @ PIT
T.Williams @ PHI
Chris Johnson @ CHI
Gio vs SD
Blount @ BUF

WR1: Cobb
RB1/2: Lacy/Morris

I would go cooper because he should see lots of targets and Crowell is :rip:

edit:
I didn't really consider it a choice till reading last nights posts in the general thread, but for TE:
ASJ or Ertz?

I like Maclin there, but I'd probably go Tate over CJ2k. I dunno, I wouldn't fault you for starting him, but he's bad, haha. Probably Ertz, though if Evans sits again or is limited, I think ASJ will have a better chance to score. Tough to know if Ertz will see as many targets if the Eagles can get the run game going better, too.

POTATO BLIGHT
Oct 16, 2007
Standard 0 ppr:

Rb2 and flex

Blount v buf
Sproles v dal
Stevie v cin
Beasley v phi
Moncrief v nyj
Steve Smith sr v oak

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

RVProfootballer posted:

I like Maclin there, but I'd probably go Tate over CJ2k. I dunno, I wouldn't fault you for starting him, but he's bad, haha. Probably Ertz, though if Evans sits again or is limited, I think ASJ will have a better chance to score. Tough to know if Ertz will see as many targets if the Eagles can get the run game going better, too.
Yeah it really pains me to consider starting CJ2K so I'm going to see if I can shop my new ~*starting RB1*~ around for literally anything else.

POTATO BLIGHT posted:

Standard 0 ppr:

Rb2 and flex

Blount v buf
Sproles v dal
Stevie v cin
Beasley v phi
Moncrief v nyj
Steve Smith sr v oak

Blount is going to be given the ball a decent amount I think, but I don't have high hopes for production. That said, Sproles is even harder to depend on, so I would go Blount/Steve Smith.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy
.5 PPR league

Flex:

Mike Evans @NO (out?)
Zach Ertz v Dal
Ronnie Hillman @ KC

DST:

Detroit @ Min
New England @ Buf

I head Buffalo has had a pretty strong offense, but I always confuse names when I'm researching

I was also hoping to pick up James Jones on waiver wire but of course another guy in my league bid $151 of his $200 budget for him.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Evans if he plays. If not I probably go ertz.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Pick 2 for flexes, .5 ppr:

J. Randle @ Phi
J Jones @ Sea
V Jackson @ NO
N Agholor v Dal
I Crowell v Ten
D Moncrief v NYJ

I'm leaning Randle and Jones. James Jones might have Sherman on him all night (Didnt watch the packers last week, but that's right, isn't it? Adams lines up on the right, Cobb in the slot, Sherman will be on Jones when all 3 are out there?), but Moncrief will almost definitely have Revis on him for most of the game.

I like Agholor in a vacuum (at home, should be a high scoring game), but I want to see something from him first.

BigFactory fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Sep 16, 2015

Sir Plus
Jan 16, 2008

Ain't easy looking this eggstraordinary.

ESPN standard scoring, no PPR, I have a lot of adequate options this week but I feel like none are going to be super great.

Current choices in bold:
RB - pick 2
CJ Anderson @KC
C.Ivory @Ind (like Ivory a lot but Indy could be tough especially if the Jets get behind and have to start throwing)
A.Morris @STL (I'd think he'd be a safe play just based on usage but Rams D is tough)
D.Woodhead @CIN (don't know that he can replicate last week's performance and I'd imagine he has a time limit anyway once they work Gordon in more)
L.Blount @BUF (hearing smoke about Dion Lewis getting snaps so pats_rbs.txt)

WR - pick 2
A.Brown vSF
A.Jeffrey vARI
J.Edelmen @BUF (figure he'd have a high floor)
P.Harvin vNE (doubt he can keep producing)
A.Boldin @Pit (only reason I list him is that I feel like this game could turn into a shootout)

I also need one flex from the above and I'm currently leaning Morris but I'm a waffling idiot, thanks in advance.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Ty1990 posted:

1PPR start Danny Woodhead at Cincy or Latavius Murray vs Baltimore?

Any opinions on this?

Skull Knight
Aug 2, 2013

Sexy bad choices
Lipstick Apathy

Ty1990 posted:

Any opinions on this?

I'd go with Woodhead, as I think the matchup is easier.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

So I'm not quite sure who play as my WR2 and WT/TE Flex (WR1 is Antonio Brown). 0.5 ppr

Golden Tate (@Min)
Andre Johnson (NYJ)
Terrance Williams (@Phi)
Anquan Boldin (@Pit)
Marques Colston (TB)
Doug Baldwin (@GB) [I guess]

I'm feeling pretty blah on my options for this one overall. Tate seems like a given, and given how Johnson looked in week one and Dez's injury/the favorable matchup I'm currently leaning towards Williams, but maybe I should let it ride with Johnson instead?

LGD fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Sep 16, 2015

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

Ty1990 posted:

Any opinions on this?

I'm high on Woodhead so I'm kind of leaning towards him but I feel like its kind of a coinflip. I think Oakland will most likely be playing from behind but it didn't seem to hurt Murray's production last week. Just know that whoever you pick the other guy will have a great day on your bench.

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

Not sure who to start in my flex in my 0.5 PPR league, here are my choices:

Roddy White (@NYG)
TJ Yeldon (MIA)
James Jones (SEA)
Markus Wehaton (SF)
Cole Beasley (@PHI)

This is hoping Mike Evans plays... so I guess the real question is who are the top two of the above?

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
Liking Roddy White and James Jones.

Gooble Gobble
May 2, 2011

One of us
ESPN Standard

Pick a QB:
Eli Manning (ATL)
Ryan Tannehill (@Jac)

Pick a WR:
Jordan Matthews (DAL)
Alshon Jeffery (ARI)

Skull Knight
Aug 2, 2013

Sexy bad choices
Lipstick Apathy
I need help picking a second WR and a Flex for my PPR league, and have the following options:

WRs
DeAndre Hopkins (WR1)
Golden Tate (WR2)
Larry Fitzgerald (Flex)
Amari Cooper
Steve Smith Sr
Pierre Garcon
Stevie Johnson

RB
Isaiah Crowell

My main problem I guess is too many WR options; at this point, I can't seem to tell who should be slotted into the WR2 position and Flex? Or should I just go by like the Boris Chen tier rankings?

Additionally, I've got the following to choose for DSTs this week. I've got the Vikings slotted in currently, but probably need to switch them out.

Any recommendations much appreciated...

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
^
From that list I like the Colts for a DST pick that should be more than 6 points this week

Gooble Gobble posted:

ESPN Standard

Pick a QB:
Eli Manning (ATL)
Ryan Tannehill (@Jac)

Pick a WR:
Jordan Matthews (DAL)
Alshon Jeffery (ARI)

Jacksonville blows almost as much as Eli, Matthews is top dog in PHI unless chip punishes him for missing that last catch.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
Would you start AJ80 vs Re-Re-Re-Revis and the Jets

or

Brandon Coleman vs TB (It shouldn't matter but I'm also starting Brees.)

0.5 ppr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
So as a Bell owner i need a week 2 temp starter, I also have Arian Foster on the bench and Alfred Blue, but he's a bum and i dropped him for CJ2K.

Should i stick with CJ2k as my RB2 or go with someone else on the wire. Available are Dunbar, Cunningham, Powell, Mccluster, and Blue.

• Locked thread