Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
For my FLX, who should I start? Standard scoring yahoo 0 ppr

L.Blount @ Buf
D.Sproles v Dal
N.Agholor v Dal
I.Crowell v Ten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Crunkjuice posted:

For my FLX, who should I start? Standard scoring yahoo 0 ppr

L.Blount @ Buf
D.Sproles v Dal
N.Agholor v Dal
I.Crowell v Ten

sproles

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
Bradford vs Palmer vs Tannehill (the latter two are free agents and I have an open spot)
4pt patd

I want to go with Bradford, but I dunno

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

You're on the right track then. Beasley is an option if you don't think Coleman or Landry will produce though. Even with Carr playing, I'm not sure how effective Cooper will be this week. Balt's Def looked scary last week.

.5ppr, 29 man rosters;

Pick 2:

Davante Adams vs Sea
Mike Evans @NO
ASJ @NO (I played Kelce as my starting TE)
L.Murray vs Balt - Currently In
Golden Tate @Min
Allen Robinson vs Mia - Currently In

Other less notable options:

Tre Mason vs Was
Kamar Aiken @Oak
Devin Funchess vs Hou
Marvin Jones vs SD
Zach Zenner @Minn

Also for QB options:
Tom Brady @ Buff
Big Ben vs SF - Currently In
Cam vs Hou
Carr vs Bal

Shameless repost.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
ESPN Standard Scoring

Need to pick a QB and a WR

Tannehill vs. Jacksonville
Rivers vs. Cincinnati

and

Golden Tate vs. Minnesota
Stevie Johnson vs. Cincinnati

Leaning towards Rivers and Tate, although I like Tannehill's matchup

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

fariz posted:

Bradford vs Palmer vs Tannehill (the latter two are free agents and I have an open spot)
4pt patd

I want to go with Bradford, but I dunno

Bradford or Palmer. Palmer has a super easy match up this week, but Bradford isn't far behind and season long I'd much rather have Bradford. Just stick with him.

MacheteZombie posted:

Shameless repost.

Evans for sure if he goes; should be healthy, should be down a ton and passing all day, and ASJ and VJax showed that even an awful Winston can get his receivers some fantasy points. For your 2nd there, that's tougher. I'd probably go Adams, assuming Sherman will lock down Cobb, Lacy will have a tough day, and so GB's other receivers will be targeted heavily. Otherwise, I'd take Tate or Robinson, probably in that order. For QB, can't argue with Ben there. I'm going Brady over Cam and Foles in one league, but not feeling great about it, and would start Ben there if I had him.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Thanks RVP. I went ahead and slotted in Evans, it makes a lot more sense now that it seems he'll be suiting up (decoy game ahoy!), and I didn't really think about Davante too much because GB has been so bad against Sea, but you make a good point about Sherman covering Cobb most of the day. Does Sherman still only cover one side of the field or does he shift around to the best WR these days?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

Thanks RVP. I went ahead and slotted in Evans, it makes a lot more sense now that it seems he'll be suiting up (decoy game ahoy!), and I didn't really think about Davante too much because GB has been so bad against Sea, but you make a good point about Sherman covering Cobb most of the day. Does Sherman still only cover one side of the field or does he shift around to the best WR these days?

I confess to having no idea really, but read in several places that Sherman might be used in the slot. For example,

Evan Silva posted:

Rodgers' Week 1 target distribution: Davante Adams 8; Randall Cobb 5; James Jones 4; Lacy and Richard Rodgers 3. ... On Opening Day, Sherman lined up at left corner in Seattle's base defense and moved to the slot in sub-packages, with RCB Cary Williams and LCB Deshawn Shead on the boundaries. If this alignment sticks and the Packers don't adjust, we can expect Sherman to cover Cobb on a ton of Week 2 snaps. Green Bay's offensive coaches are aware of this, of course. Don't forget that in Week 1 of 2014, the Packers used then-third receiver Jarrett Boykin to essentially occupy Sherman's coverage, while Cobb and Jordy Nelson ran in other areas of the field. While Cobb might not be a strong DFS play, I'd be hard pressed to simply assume the Packers won't adjust, and therefore bench Cobb in a season-long league. ... Immediately bypassing Ty Montgomery and Jeff Janis for third receiver duties, Jones started against the Bears in Week 1, played 92% of Green Bay's offensive snaps, and made his presence felt in the red zone with touchdown catches from 1 and 13 yards out. Jones' usage and playing time are right where they need to be for Jones to be treated as an every-week WR3 with WR2 upside. If all of last week's alignments do stick, Jones will run most of his routes at shaky RCB Williams. ... Adams' Week 1 stat line (4-59-0) disappointed, but his team-high target count and snap rate (97%) did not. As the Packers line up in three-receiver sets as a base offense, Adams figures to run most of his patterns at LCB Shead, a special teamer and sometimes safety.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

I confess to having no idea really, but read in several places that Sherman might be used in the slot. For example,

Thanks that's a pretty informative quote from Evan Silva. Appreciate it!

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

RVProfootballer posted:

quote:

Jones' usage and playing time are right where they need to be for Jones to be treated as an every-week WR3 with WR2 upside. If all of last week's alignments do stick, Jones will run most of his routes at shaky RCB Williams

:monar:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

Thanks that's a pretty informative quote from Evan Silva. Appreciate it!

No problem. Not sure how Silva's advice is generally regarded, but his weekly match up posts are fantastic for going beyond just looking at projections or boxscores to try to pick your starters, since he actually touches on caveats to last week's performances, likely defensive match ups, etc: http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/56357/179/silvas-week-2-matchups

Enjoy starting Jones in the use-third-receiver-to-occupy-Sherman role :twisted:

sum
Nov 15, 2010

ESPN standard scoring, need a FLEX and a #2 WR

Joseph Randle, @Phi
Tre Mason, @Wsh
Golden Tate, @Min
Mike Wallace, vs Det
Kendall Wright, @Cle
Sammy Watkins, vs NE
Tyler Eifert, vs SD
Jarvis Landry, @Jac

My #2 RB is Jonathan Stewart (vs Hou) so benching him is an option

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Jota posted:

ESPN Standard Scoring

Need to pick a QB and a WR

Tannehill vs. Jacksonville
Rivers vs. Cincinnati

and

Golden Tate vs. Minnesota
Stevie Johnson vs. Cincinnati

Leaning towards Rivers and Tate, although I like Tannehill's matchup

I'd go Rivers and Stevie.

-------------

Standard scoring, no PPR, need an RB2

Latavius Murray vs BAL
TJ Yeldon vs MIA

Got Murray in there right now, but I really don't like that matchup with Baltimore, especially because they'll likely be behind. Not that Yeldon isn't likely to be trailing either, but I thought he held up fairly well against a tough Carolina D last week.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

sum posted:

ESPN standard scoring, need a FLEX and a #2 WR

Joseph Randle, @Phi
Tre Mason, @Wsh
Golden Tate, @Min
Mike Wallace, vs Det
Kendall Wright, @Cle
Sammy Watkins, vs NE
Tyler Eifert, vs SD
Jarvis Landry, @Jac

My #2 RB is Jonathan Stewart (vs Hou) so benching him is an option

I'd go Landry as your WR2 and would seriously considering flexing Eifert.

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
Who should I start on my Flex for a standard scoring yahoo league?

M. Gordon
V. Jackson
D. Montcrief
N. Agholor

Thanks!

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
How do we feel about Frank Gore this week? He's my RB2 in a .5 PPR league and I'm concerned especially since he doesn't play till Monday night. My only other options are TJ Yeldon or scraping the wire for someone like Karlos Williams so it probably doesn't matter.

TheZissou
Aug 23, 2006

You left your dog, you idiots!
I've got 5 WRs and can't figure out who to start. Please help:

Golden Tate @ MIN
Andre Johnson @ NYJ
Kendall Wright @ CLE
Mike Wallace @ DET
Anquan Boldin @ PIT

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Epi Lepi posted:

How do we feel about Frank Gore this week? He's my RB2 in a .5 PPR league and I'm concerned especially since he doesn't play till Monday night. My only other options are TJ Yeldon or scraping the wire for someone like Karlos Williams so it probably doesn't matter.

This is a clear don't sit your studs situation. Yes, it's a tough matchup, but it's not like Yeldon's matchup is that much better.

e. And if you (already, based on one game) think Gore is going to be a bust, trade him before he's confirmed a bust and get an RB2 you are willing to start every week.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

1 PPR league, need to start two WRs.

Julian Edelman @ Buffalo
T.Y. Hilton vs NYJ (questionable)
Amari Cooper vs Baltimore
Kendall Wright @ Cleveland
Donte Moncrief vs NYJ

Edelman is really paying off in the PPR department as usual and I have no problem starting him even against the best defense in the league. Right now I'm waiting to see if Hilton becomes better than a game-time decision before Sunday. What would you do?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Cavauro posted:

1 PPR league, need to start two WRs.

Julian Edelman @ Buffalo
T.Y. Hilton vs NYJ (questionable)
Amari Cooper vs Baltimore
Kendall Wright @ Cleveland
Donte Moncrief vs NYJ

Edelman is really paying off in the PPR department as usual and I have no problem starting him even against the best defense in the league. Right now I'm waiting to see if Hilton becomes better than a game-time decision before Sunday. What would you do?

Edelman and Hilton, and if Hilton doesn't go, Moncrief.

Sushipants
Sep 8, 2010
0.5 PPR league, need a flex and TE

Golden Tate or Rueben Randle - Got Tate locked in now, but the Giants match-up looks very tempting.

Ladarius Green or Eric Ebron - Favoring Green right now, but I'm bad at making obvious decisions.

Side note, anyone else considering hopping on the Mariota bus this week? My current QB is Russell Wilson, but now I'm thinking about just saying "gently caress it" and seeing how this all pans out.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Help, I'm in a pickle.

0.5 ppr, 10 teams.

Need 1RB, 1 WR and 1 flex from this group:
Agholor vDal
Abdullah @Min
Cooper vBal
Doug Martin @NO
Spiller vTB

I'm having a hard time choosing between Abdullah, Martin, and Spiller because I see great games from all of them this week. Cooper and Agholor feels like the world's worst coinflip.

e: bolded my choices

GoonTier, 0.5 ppr, no PR/KR yards but TDs count. 12 teams (zeroordie please ignore this post tia)
Flex (1):
Moncrief vNYJ
A Rob vMia
Lockett @GB
L Murray vBal
James Jones vSea

e: bolded=if Hilton starts; italic=if Hilton sits

I like Moncrief if Hilton plays because I think that'll free him up to run all over the Jets backfield. If he doesn't play...I'm leaning Jones.

TheZissou posted:

I've got 5 WRs and can't figure out who to start. Please help:

Golden Tate @ MIN
Andre Johnson @ NYJ
Kendall Wright @ CLE
Mike Wallace @ DET
Anquan Boldin @ PIT

How many? Is it PPR? I'd go Tate and Wright if it's 2. If 3, toss in Andre. Hilton will draw Revis if he plays; if he doesn't, Moncrief will.

Sushipants posted:

0.5 PPR league, need a flex and TE

Golden Tate or Rueben Randle - Got Tate locked in now, but the Giants match-up looks very tempting.

Ladarius Green or Eric Ebron - Favoring Green right now, but I'm bad at making obvious decisions.

Side note, anyone else considering hopping on the Mariota bus this week? My current QB is Russell Wilson, but now I'm thinking about just saying "gently caress it" and seeing how this all pans out.

I think Tate and Green. Lions probably won't target Ebron as much. The Chargers D is actually really good this year and the Vikings are not.

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Sep 19, 2015

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I had Dez Bryant and DeSean Jackson in my starting lineup Week 1. Because of what that's done to my roster I'm kind of hurting for a FLEX start this week. My choices are:

Standard scoring, No PPR.

Frank Gore vs NYJ (my current FLEX)
Andre Johnson vs NYJ
Reuben Randle vs Atl
Heath Miller vs SF
Devonta Freeman @NYG

Q_res fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Sep 19, 2015

matthew j
Nov 29, 2009

do work son.
If Alshon can't go should I play Amari Cooper or Moncrief in the wr spot?

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

RVProfootballer posted:

I like Maclin there, but I'd probably go Tate over CJ2k. I dunno, I wouldn't fault you for starting him, but he's bad, haha. Probably Ertz, though if Evans sits again or is limited, I think ASJ will have a better chance to score. Tough to know if Ertz will see as many targets if the Eagles can get the run game going better, too.

welp, glad i sat Maclin, still not settled on my WR2/Flex:
Tate @ MIN
Boldin @ PIT
T.Williams @ PHI
Chris Johnson @ CHI
Gio vs SD
Blount @ BUF

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
Standard Scoring

Starting C. Ivory for sure, but still on the fence for my RB2:

Pick One:
A. Morris vs. STL
L. Blount @ BUF
T. Coleman @ NYG
T. Gurley @ WAS
K. Williams vs. NE

I started Morris last week but not sure about his matchup against St. Louis.

Also, for the TE position:

J. Witten @ PHI
T. Eifert vs. SD

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Who would you guys start at Flex in a .5 PPR and 20 yards per return yard?

Tyler Lockett @GB
Allen Robinson vs. MIA
Cole Beasley @PHI
Lance Dunbar @PHI

Can't make up my mind.

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

Trying to figure out my flex in my standard league, here are my options:

Brandon Coleman
Frank Gore
Brandon Marshall
Kendall Wright
Stevie Johnson
James Jones
Cole Beasly

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Tortilla Maker posted:

Standard Scoring

Starting C. Ivory for sure, but still on the fence for my RB2:

Pick One:
A. Morris vs. STL
L. Blount @ BUF
T. Coleman @ NYG
T. Gurley @ WAS
K. Williams vs. NE

I started Morris last week but not sure about his matchup against St. Louis.

Also, for the TE position:

J. Witten @ PHI
T. Eifert vs. SD

Coleman and Eifert

VietCampo posted:

Who would you guys start at Flex in a .5 PPR and 20 yards per return yard?

Tyler Lockett @GB
Allen Robinson vs. MIA
Cole Beasley @PHI
Lance Dunbar @PHI

Can't make up my mind.

Robinson if he is truly fine. Beasley if he is not

Rorobb posted:

Trying to figure out my flex in my standard league, here are my options:

Brandon Coleman
Frank Gore
Brandon Marshall
Kendall Wright
Stevie Johnson
James Jones
Cole Beasly

Stevie

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead
Hey guys, here's my issues this week.

Let's say Alshon can't go, my other options are:
Brandon Coleman vs TB
Charles Johnson vs DET

Most likely Coleman there, and then flex:
Ladarius Green @ CIN
Yeldon vs MIA
Blount @ BUF

Not the greatest options, but ehhh. e: Standard PPR

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Rick Grimes posted:

Hey guys, here's my issues this week.

Let's say Alshon can't go, my other options are:
Brandon Coleman vs TB
Charles Johnson vs DET

Most likely Coleman there, and then flex:
Ladarius Green @ CIN
Yeldon vs MIA
Blount @ BUF

Not the greatest options, but ehhh. e: Standard PPR

Don't flex Green over perfectly serviceable RBs in standard scoring. Allen, Stevie, and Woodhead are the top three options there, Green isn't going to see a ton of volume. I'd probably go Yeldon there.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

PPR. I need 2 RBs, 2 WRs, and a Flex

This is how I've currently got things set up:
RB: Matt Forte vs Ari
RB: Latavius Murray vs Bal
WR: ODB vs Atl
WR: Brandin Cooks vs TB
Flex: Darren Sproles vs Dal

Bench
Stevie Johnson @ Cin
Steve Smith @ Oak
Roddy White @ NYG

No clue what to do about my Flex really

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

0 PPR, 2 RB 2 WR 1 TE 1 Flex, standard ESPN scoring, I need to figure out how to weather another week until L. Bell comes back:

QB: Luck, Stafford
RB: L. Bell, F. Gore, J. Stewart, D. Martin, I. Crowell
WR: ODB, J. Matthews, N. Agholor, D. Adams, J. Jones
TE: G. Olsen, D. Allen

For flex, I was going to run Martin, but I'm tempted by James Jones. I know last week might have been a fluke, but I just snagged him off the waiver wire and I'm a huge Packers homer so...

(And I know I have both Adams and Jones; that's because when I was drafting Randall Cobb was out but I didn't realize that Adams would be passed over for Jones.)

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
If Alshon is active Sunday, do I play him no matter what? Iffy hamstring and an iffy calf. My alternative is Stevie Johnson. 0PPR.

And same question for TE Jordan Reed (questionable:quadriceps). Alternative is Jared Cook.

Fleshwizard
Oct 23, 2010
.5 PPR WR2 needed

Anquan Boldin @Pit
Donte Moncrief Vs. NYJ
Cole Beasley @Phi

Thanks.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

First world problems as gently caress but I'm deciding between

1PPR WR/TE Flex

Jordan Matthews @ Dal
Tyler Eifert @ SD

Leaning Matthews but I have no reason to doubt that Eifert couldn't have another monster week

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

GNU Order posted:

First world problems as gently caress but I'm deciding between

1PPR WR/TE Flex

Jordan Matthews @ Dal
Tyler Eifert @ SD

Leaning Matthews but I have no reason to doubt that Eifert couldn't have another monster week

Don't flex a TE when you have someone like Matthews. The reason to doubt Eifert having another monster week is that he's a TE on a run first team with AJ Green ahead of him. You don't sit the Eagles' WR1 for a TE, not even in standard scoring, and sure as poo poo not in full PPR. It isn't even close! Who are the rest of the guys you're starting?

manwithoutskin
Mar 24, 2006
can you see the line where the water ends
WR3 1 PPR

Eric Decker @Ind
Sammy Watkins @NE
Anquan Boldin @Pitt (FA)
Mike Wallace @Det (FA)

This one has been driving me bonkers. I'm starting Decker ATM but I feel like this is a toss up. Anyone have any opinions on to why I'm wrong?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

manwithoutskin posted:

WR3 1 PPR

Eric Decker @Ind
Sammy Watkins @NE
Anquan Boldin @Pitt (FA)
Mike Wallace @Det (FA)

This one has been driving me bonkers. I'm starting Decker ATM but I feel like this is a toss up. Anyone have any opinions on to why I'm wrong?

I'd go with Decker, Vontae is probably gonna be on Marshall and the Jets very well may be playing from behind, so Decker is a good play in 1 PPR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

manwithoutskin posted:

WR3 1 PPR

Eric Decker @Ind
Sammy Watkins @NE
Anquan Boldin @Pitt (FA)
Mike Wallace @Det (FA)

I agree - I like Decker this week with Vontae presumably shadowing Marshall.

• Locked thread