Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

winvirus posted:

RULES

1) Don't Sit Your Studs. You drafted them high for a reason. Let the player's ADP be your guide for the first 4 weeks or so.
2) Note your scoring settings.
3) Present the options as simply and succinctly as possible. Don't write a novella about how you are on the fence about so-and-so because the weather conditions are yappity-yap and the guy defending him has a fungal infection. Get to the loving point so we can give our thoughts and move on.

Pick 1WR, 1FLEX, 0.5 ppr

WR Kendall Wright @ Cle
WR Roddy White @ NYG
WR Steve Smith Sr @ Oak
TE Greg Olson vs Hou

No idea. Flip some coins. Count on a bounce back for Smith or Olsen? If not, Wright and White are fine. But I might go... Wright and Olsen :iiam:

Ouhei posted:

So I managed to grab some guys off the waivers to supplement my bench and replace some gambles I had in week 1.

Currently starting:

RB1: Matt Forte vs. ARI
RB2 Lamar Miller vs. JAC
WR1: Odell Beckham vs. ATL
WR2: Brandin Cooks vs. TB
Flex 1: LeGarrette Blount vs. BUF
Flex 2: Roddy White vs. NYG

Bench options:

RB Joique Bell vs. MIN
RB Danny Woodhead vs. CIN
WR Vincent Jackson vs. NO
WR Stevie Johnson vs. CIN
WR James Jones vs. SEA

Flex spots are wide open, also open to opinions on my 2 positions for RB and WR.

PPR or standard? Blount is good there if standard, otherwise I might try to avoid Buffalo's D and go Woodhead or Stevie there.

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

Thoughts on playing Matt Ryan at NYG? The Giants D looks weak, but they're playing at home and I'm worried Ryan might have one of his "bad" games for whatever stupid reason.

You didn't give an alternative, so yeah, I'd say you should start Ryan over an empty spot :v: (No, you shouldn't worry about Ryan having a bad game, he's going to throw to Julio and score a million points)

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

Pick 2 Flexes, standard scoring, 0 PPR:
WR: Quick, Baldwin, Hurns, Funchess, JJ Nelson, Andre Roberts, Ted Ginn Jr, Janis, Devin Smith
RB: Blount, Dunbar, Sims, Powell, Bush, Mike Davis, Buck Allen, Dri Archer, Taiwan Jones
TE: Owen Daniels

My starters are Hopkins Coleman and Wallace at WR and L. Murray and Hyde at RB

Blount and Dunbar.

Parker Lewis posted:

Standard, need to pick one RB out of:
  • T. Coleman @ Giants (got 20 carries week 1, giants D is probably not good)
  • B. Sankey @ Browns (had a big week 1, probably inflated by a bad TB defense, might not actually be good, best matchup on paper)
  • L. Murray vs. Ravens (probably the most talented of the 3 but has the worst matchup this week)

I like Coleman here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

SweetJahasus posted:

I'm stuck with some guy who shat the bed week 1 but I'm too scared to sit and so I've got analysis paralysis.

In a standard scoring ESPN league:
Peyton (vs KC) or Romo (vs Phi)
Sammy Watkins (vs NE) or Fitzgerald (vs Chi) - this one seems obvious to Fitz since Chicago's secondary is butte and Sammy got shut out last week, but I feel like his upside is really high and Fitz has burnt me in the past.

Romo and Fitz. Nothing to do with Peyton and Watkins making GBS threads the bed, but Romo in a shootout and Fitz against the Bears are obvious plays. You should probably plan on starting Fitz over Watkins most weeks, tbh. I wouldn't shy away from Peyton so much, but this week given Romo's matchup and Peyton's poor showing, hurt back, and short week, it's an easy call.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

365 Nog Hogger posted:

Durrr I forgot these are weekly threads

My weekly WR2/flex circus continues (now with more relevant Terrance Williams!), current choices in bold (0ppr):

Maclin vs DEN
Tate @ MIN
Boldin @ PIT
T.Williams @ PHI
Chris Johnson @ CHI
Gio vs SD
Blount @ BUF

WR1: Cobb
RB1/2: Lacy/Morris

I would go cooper because he should see lots of targets and Crowell is :rip:

edit:
I didn't really consider it a choice till reading last nights posts in the general thread, but for TE:
ASJ or Ertz?

I like Maclin there, but I'd probably go Tate over CJ2k. I dunno, I wouldn't fault you for starting him, but he's bad, haha. Probably Ertz, though if Evans sits again or is limited, I think ASJ will have a better chance to score. Tough to know if Ertz will see as many targets if the Eagles can get the run game going better, too.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

ZIGfried posted:

Would you start AJ80 vs Re-Re-Re-Revis and the Jets

or

Brandon Coleman vs TB (It shouldn't matter but I'm also starting Brees.)

0.5 ppr

Coleman.

VietCampo posted:

So as a Bell owner i need a week 2 temp starter, I also have Arian Foster on the bench and Alfred Blue, but he's a bum and i dropped him for CJ2K.

Should i stick with CJ2k as my RB2 or go with someone else on the wire. Available are Dunbar, Cunningham, Powell, Mccluster, and Blue.

I actually like Dunbar a lot. Pretty sure he out snapped Randle (barely), and you can't argue with how many targets he got.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Lblitzer posted:

Standard. I'm a little slow on following games right now as I switch jobs but I'm having a hard time deciding on which WRs to play this week.

Standard scoring, 3 WR spots

Julian Edelman vs Buffalo
Kenny Stills vs Jacksonville
Brandon Coleman vs Tampa Bay
James Jones vs Seattle
Vincent Jackson vs New Orleans

Stills is the guy I trust the least as he's always been projected much higher than he actually produces.

Also not sure about Rashad Jennings this week. I've got Hyde, Blount, and Lativius Murray as well.

Edelman and Coleman. VJax and Jones both offer boom/bust, with VJax playing for a team that'll be down and Jones possibly having a sneaky game with Seattle prioritizing Cobb and Adams. Coin toss between them. Without knowing who your RBs are playing, Hyde is an obvious start, and then I'd start Murray, Blount, and Jennings, in that order.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Intruder posted:

Standard no PPR, need to pick my RB2 and flex between Chris Ivory, Carlos Hyde and Alfred Morris

Ivory and Hyde easy, Morris is up against St. Louis

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

VietCampo posted:

Even if it's a tough matchup, it'd be crazy to start Williams over Cobb.

Agreed.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

zeldadude posted:

Standard 0PPR, need a flex. Choices:

Jonathan Stewart vs HOU
Deangelo Williams vs SF
Brandin Cooks vs TB
Stevie Johnson @CIN
Oh and Brandon Marshall @ IND

help!

Edit: also trying to choose between Bradford and Alex Smith. I think I'm going Alex Smith tbh unless someone can convince me otherwise.

Denver's defense looked stout but I still have some faith in Sammy. Decisions!

Why would you start Smith over Bradford?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

zeldadude posted:

Any thoughts? I have a hard time seeing Deangelo repeating last week's performance and Stewart isn't looking too good this week from what I've read. I'm liking Cooks playing the bucs at home currently but gently caress me this is tough.

Definitely Cooks. TB defense is not scary.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

fariz posted:

Bradford vs Palmer vs Tannehill (the latter two are free agents and I have an open spot)
4pt patd

I want to go with Bradford, but I dunno

Bradford or Palmer. Palmer has a super easy match up this week, but Bradford isn't far behind and season long I'd much rather have Bradford. Just stick with him.

MacheteZombie posted:

Shameless repost.

Evans for sure if he goes; should be healthy, should be down a ton and passing all day, and ASJ and VJax showed that even an awful Winston can get his receivers some fantasy points. For your 2nd there, that's tougher. I'd probably go Adams, assuming Sherman will lock down Cobb, Lacy will have a tough day, and so GB's other receivers will be targeted heavily. Otherwise, I'd take Tate or Robinson, probably in that order. For QB, can't argue with Ben there. I'm going Brady over Cam and Foles in one league, but not feeling great about it, and would start Ben there if I had him.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

Thanks RVP. I went ahead and slotted in Evans, it makes a lot more sense now that it seems he'll be suiting up (decoy game ahoy!), and I didn't really think about Davante too much because GB has been so bad against Sea, but you make a good point about Sherman covering Cobb most of the day. Does Sherman still only cover one side of the field or does he shift around to the best WR these days?

I confess to having no idea really, but read in several places that Sherman might be used in the slot. For example,

Evan Silva posted:

Rodgers' Week 1 target distribution: Davante Adams 8; Randall Cobb 5; James Jones 4; Lacy and Richard Rodgers 3. ... On Opening Day, Sherman lined up at left corner in Seattle's base defense and moved to the slot in sub-packages, with RCB Cary Williams and LCB Deshawn Shead on the boundaries. If this alignment sticks and the Packers don't adjust, we can expect Sherman to cover Cobb on a ton of Week 2 snaps. Green Bay's offensive coaches are aware of this, of course. Don't forget that in Week 1 of 2014, the Packers used then-third receiver Jarrett Boykin to essentially occupy Sherman's coverage, while Cobb and Jordy Nelson ran in other areas of the field. While Cobb might not be a strong DFS play, I'd be hard pressed to simply assume the Packers won't adjust, and therefore bench Cobb in a season-long league. ... Immediately bypassing Ty Montgomery and Jeff Janis for third receiver duties, Jones started against the Bears in Week 1, played 92% of Green Bay's offensive snaps, and made his presence felt in the red zone with touchdown catches from 1 and 13 yards out. Jones' usage and playing time are right where they need to be for Jones to be treated as an every-week WR3 with WR2 upside. If all of last week's alignments do stick, Jones will run most of his routes at shaky RCB Williams. ... Adams' Week 1 stat line (4-59-0) disappointed, but his team-high target count and snap rate (97%) did not. As the Packers line up in three-receiver sets as a base offense, Adams figures to run most of his patterns at LCB Shead, a special teamer and sometimes safety.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

Thanks that's a pretty informative quote from Evan Silva. Appreciate it!

No problem. Not sure how Silva's advice is generally regarded, but his weekly match up posts are fantastic for going beyond just looking at projections or boxscores to try to pick your starters, since he actually touches on caveats to last week's performances, likely defensive match ups, etc: http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/56357/179/silvas-week-2-matchups

Enjoy starting Jones in the use-third-receiver-to-occupy-Sherman role :twisted:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Cavauro posted:

1 PPR league, need to start two WRs.

Julian Edelman @ Buffalo
T.Y. Hilton vs NYJ (questionable)
Amari Cooper vs Baltimore
Kendall Wright @ Cleveland
Donte Moncrief vs NYJ

Edelman is really paying off in the PPR department as usual and I have no problem starting him even against the best defense in the league. Right now I'm waiting to see if Hilton becomes better than a game-time decision before Sunday. What would you do?

Edelman and Hilton, and if Hilton doesn't go, Moncrief.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Rick Grimes posted:

Hey guys, here's my issues this week.

Let's say Alshon can't go, my other options are:
Brandon Coleman vs TB
Charles Johnson vs DET

Most likely Coleman there, and then flex:
Ladarius Green @ CIN
Yeldon vs MIA
Blount @ BUF

Not the greatest options, but ehhh. e: Standard PPR

Don't flex Green over perfectly serviceable RBs in standard scoring. Allen, Stevie, and Woodhead are the top three options there, Green isn't going to see a ton of volume. I'd probably go Yeldon there.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

GNU Order posted:

First world problems as gently caress but I'm deciding between

1PPR WR/TE Flex

Jordan Matthews @ Dal
Tyler Eifert @ SD

Leaning Matthews but I have no reason to doubt that Eifert couldn't have another monster week

Don't flex a TE when you have someone like Matthews. The reason to doubt Eifert having another monster week is that he's a TE on a run first team with AJ Green ahead of him. You don't sit the Eagles' WR1 for a TE, not even in standard scoring, and sure as poo poo not in full PPR. It isn't even close! Who are the rest of the guys you're starting?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I have to pick a WR between...

John Brown@CHI
Devante Adams vs SEA
Markus Wheaton@SF

I've got them ranked in that order, planning on going with Brown but wanted other opinions

Wheaton is not worth considering. Brown is the easy choice over Adams I think.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Zero_Grade posted:

I need to pick up a TE and a DEF for this week, with Delanie Walker out. Also gotta kinda err on the side of big points, cause my opponent had the Broncos DEF and was already projected to beat me.

Available TE:
Darren Fells (ARI @CHI)
Eric Ebron (DET @MIN)
Lance Kendricks (STL @WAS)
Jared Cook (STL @WAS)

Or Scott Chandler I guess, but that seems awful. Kinda leaning Fells, cause I like the number of targets he got.

DEF:

Lions @MIN
Giants vs ATL (this seems verrrry risky)
Bengals vs SD
Browns vs TEN
Colts vs NYJ

Yeah, the waiver is thin at defense. I have no clue what to do here, as all of them seem like they could be decent or could get absolutely run over. Sorta thinking Colts, I guess? No clue here.

Cook. Nothing says Fells' first week wasn't a fluke, and he's a blocker.

I'd actually probably go Browns and count on Mariota acting more like a rookie QB in his second start. Fading teams with rookie QBs is usually the thing to do, and one good week against an awful defense isn't enough for me to fully buy into Mariota. Otherwise, Colts aren't a terrible option, but NYJ probably are going to keep being an improved offense over last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Sushipants posted:

0.5 ppr, need an RB2

Alfred Blue @ Car or Karlos Williams vs NE? I grabbed Williams off the waivers when Shady missed practice, but now it looks more likely that he'll play after all. Meanwhile, I really don't want to have to rely on Blue if I can help it. Hell I've even considered starting Roy Helu this week (especially since my opponent played CJA so I feel I might have a little bit of wriggle room). Williams is the more talented back, but Blue will get at least a small bit of touches (and I have no loving idea how Helu's going to be used). No clue what to do here.

If McCoy is at least questionable going into the game, I might start Karlos over Blue. Do you know if Blue got the goal line carries? I think with Grimes and Polk there, Blue might not see significantly more touches than Karlos, and Karlos should do more with those limited touches.

• Locked thread