Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what is most annoying about this american life
the pregnant pauses
the hushed tones
gay background music
white people
View Results

• Locked thread
poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

everything went to poo poo after they fired neil conan

npr is dead to me now :colbert:

:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The episodes of NPR when the people talk about their families

Holy poo poo I do not care about your manchild father AT ALL

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

the other day i turned on PRI and there was a dumb lady going on and on about some inconsequential bullshit in a spoken word poem and it was terrible

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

All the 20-something NPR reporters and contributors all sound like the same male and female person. Only difference is that irish lady who does world music

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Why did they end Talk of the Nation?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

The episodes of NPR when the people talk about their families

Holy poo poo I do not care about your manchild father AT ALL

I do wish that one guy was able to make The Puppy Channel, though.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Being owned by Koch media probably isn't helping NPRs poo poo wasp bullshit content problem

Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop

Jastiger posted:

They thought there were too many discussion based call-in shows, and wanted to expand their 'news magazine' offerings.

Listening to 'On Being' at 3pm Sundays is an excellent way to induce a nap. On the other hand, 'Splendid Table' makes me want to stab somebody with a lobster fork.

I've been to tapings of both 'Wait, Wait' and 'Says You!' and would definitely go again if they come back to town.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
90.3 WCPN Cleveland

Idea stream!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
gently caress you NPR owms

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Flambeau posted:

They thought there were too many discussion based call-in shows, and wanted to expand their 'news magazine' offerings.

Listening to 'On Being' at 3pm Sundays is an excellent way to induce a nap. On the other hand, 'Splendid Table' makes me want to stab somebody with a lobster fork.

I've been to tapings of both 'Wait, Wait' and 'Says You!' and would definitely go again if they come back to town.

Ah good to know.

On Being loving sucks. Its nothing but apologetics for stupid religious belief and it pisses me off.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Rick Steves is my boy

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
I'm Corey Flintoff.

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzk9aC1qh1o
seriously though why do 80% of NPR correspondents sound like this? are they being made in a factory aomewhere? is it a jewish thing?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i just hate the quirky background music

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

car talk: owns
this american life: owns
prairie home companion: owns
marketplace: owns
wait wait: owns
diane rehm: owns
fresh air: owns
the moth: owns
selected shorts: owns
radiolab: sometimes owns but also kind of annoyingly overproduced
all things considered with yo la tengo playing live in the breaks: owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn3Sqa4nRtA

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
whats the show that plays music with a theme?i once listened to four songs in a row about side walks.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Colin McEnroe show kicks rear end, despite Colin loving the sound of his own voice. I think it might only be on in CT though?

also Chion Wolf is funny and super cute too

she's my public radio crush

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Anthrovore posted:

Colin McEnroe show kicks rear end, despite Colin loving the sound of his own voice. I think it might only be on in CT though?

also Chion Wolf is funny and super cute too

she's my public radio crush

She looks like she smells bad

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

Hector Beerlioz posted:

She looks like she smells bad

don't white girl dreadlock-shame

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

the great deceiver posted:

don't white girl dreadlock-shame

That is a shaming I approve of.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

STFU, she's a bedreadlocked, tattooed flower child and I love her OK

When they did the episode on nudism and sent her out to a nudist colony, you should have seen my boner

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

My name is so plain so I can never work for NPR because I'm not Soraya Sarhaddi Nelson enough

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
Every guest on every show begins every answer with "So,". It's like the drat fedex arrow, I can't stop noticing it now.

(I loving love Science Fridays)

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Jastiger posted:

boring old people poo poo that doesnt speak to my generation

*turns baseball cap backwards and turns on The Takeaway*

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Kuato posted:

that one old lady sounds like she's 100 years old.

Diane rehm is really good at asking questions that mask the fact she has no idea what the interviewee is talking about. Fox anchors should all listen to like 1000 hours of her

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

The last time I listened to NPR they were broadcasting some comedy show where the comedian told a joke that went on for several minutes about someone's son going to Haaaavard and then the punchline was Yale. The audience, whom I can only assume were a collection of old east-coast WASPs sitting in a stuffy old theater, started laughing hysterically. It was basically this in real life:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmkq7yylRkU

Anorexic Robot
Nov 11, 2012
I eventually had to turn off my car radio during work every time Terry Gross tried to convince that people not getting hired because they didnt know how to speak properly was hateful towards women. Then she was offended when a leading feminist and a businesswoman came on the show and said she was full of poo poo so she switched to talk to a lady with a blog for a half hour

Anorexic Robot
Nov 11, 2012
This story went on for about 2 months I wouldnt be surprised if shes still reporting on this

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

i listend to story on npr once and drat it made me angry with anti fem rage ha ha ha

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

maybe rush limbaugh is more your groove shithead

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i was on a campus bus and the bus driver was listening to NPR and told about 40 or 50 college students to shut the gently caress up because it was NPR TIME

:coolfish:

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Npr isn't progressive and whatever brand of corporate feminism Koch media is selling you through Teri gross or whatever is probably worthless or toxic

Anorexic Robot
Nov 11, 2012

ethanol posted:

maybe rush limbaugh is more your groove shithead

EXCUSE ME! but I only yell along with the superior Alex Jones while I angrily swerve behind people with Obama 2012 stickers in my car

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

npr is the most boring thing in the world

Rainbow Daesh
May 19, 2015

by Ralp
http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/220/testosterone

they have very low t-levels

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Rainbow Daesh posted:

they have very low t-levels

the only logical explanation

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading
Imagine Garrison Keillor, except he's all big and buff and loving your girl on the hood of a Camaro while looking you straight in the eye

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I knew a lady who was a DJ for an NPR station around here. she was a nice person but pretty ugly. she ended up marrying a blind dude lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Snap Judgement about to start here. Life is good.

• Locked thread