Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

KKKLIP ART posted:

It would be some poo poo to Win out and lose to a reserging Kentucky or a Georgia Southern (Who put 21 on Oregon yesterday!).

Nah, dude, Georgia State put 28 on Oregon yesterday. No, I don't know how that's possible.

Dawgs looked loving awesome in that couple-times-a-season unsustainable Georgia way they do, but hey, it was fun, and it was against Spurrier, so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Mizzou is really pushing that whole "make the conference look like poo poo, then win the East" routine. If they weren't once again handed the most Charmin-soft schedule possible by the SEC higher ups, I'd say we could safely ignore them, but alas. I swear, I think they play Vandy twice this year.

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Sep 20, 2015

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

I saw this live and it was hilarious, but this angle is so much better. He just...what?

Tray Matthews sucks. The funny thing is, though...

Auburn already knew this.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

Holy poo poo that was him? Wow.

Fun fact: Both the Georgia players who tipped that ball had interceptions against each other in the Auburn/Louisville season opener. Additional fun fact: Both those teams are bad and it's fun.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

The general outsider consensus on Iowa seemed to be "they're lousy but that schedule could get them 9-10 wins," so here we are.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Korranus posted:

AP poll is up. TCU and Ole Miss tied for 3rd -

http://collegefootball.ap.org/poll

That's how you do it. Auburn properly dumped. Again- the Tigers lost 4 in a row against FBS teams to end 2014, and thus far in 2015 have beaten winless Louisville, were taken to OT against an FCS team, and didn't bother showing up in Death Valley. Yes, yes, GUS BUS!!!! and BOOM MUSCHAMP!!! and HEY REMEMBER 2010???, but this team has shown nothing but hilarious incompetence for a good while now.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

UGA and Bama are playing bakery goods next week so assuming nothing changes, the Dawgs will be ranked higher than Bama and Bama will be an underdog for the first time in 70+ games.

Alabama 31, Georgia 21

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I recall the 2006 national champion Florida team having particularly lousy FG kicking. (Just looked it up. 6-15 on the season. Yup.)

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

They were also in serious trouble against Arkansas State, although to be fair for what possible reason is Mizzou scheduling that game away?

They're still winning the east again until proven otherwise though :smug:* Probably while losing to Georgia by 70.

* - I do not actually believe this but I still can't explain 2014 so we might as well roll with it

The SEC beat writers have stopped with the "Pinkel just KNOWS HOW TO WIN Y'ALL" stuff, at least. They can smell Mizzou's stank from a mile away.

Just to compare, South Carolina looks like hot garbage right now but that win over UNC is better than anything Missouri has done, easily.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Mike_V posted:

It's going to be cool when Mizzou's defense holds all their SEC opponents except Georgia to under 20 points and they take the East again somehow and everyone will get really mad

And then they'll get blasted again in the SECCG. Yawn. Give us something better, college football.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

RumbleFish posted:

True freshman Lorenzo Nunez has been named the starter against UCF. I'm really excited about him and think it was the right move; even though he's gonna take some lumps, he's clearly the only chance at dynamic QB play we have this year, and could very well be our future at the position.

Nunez looked pretty good against Georgia even as the building was falling down around him. Spurrier would do right by the program by just rolling with him and doing some read-option stuff. It's obvious that this season won't yield great results for the Cocks, so why not see what you've got with this guy.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Gus' only way forward now is sneaking onto UGA's campus and planting some weed and a gun on a Georgia DB.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

UCF also beat lovely 2010 Georgia in the Liberty Bowl and should've beaten the '99 Dawgs too.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

RumbleFish posted:

They've had laughably bad OOC schedules, too. They also played Georgia without Gurley last year. Missouri has done some impressive things since joining the SEC, but they've had more than their share of luck as well.

Missouri regular season records against Alabama, Auburn and LSU since joining the SEC:

Alabama: 0-1
Auburn: 0-0
LSU: 0-0

Missouri wins over SEC teams that finished with .500 or better conference records since joining the SEC: 1 (2013 Georgia, playing without Gurley/Marshall/Mitchell/Bennett/Scott-Wesley)

They've been schedule babies. They still are this year, but might be so crummy enough that it doesn't matter. Remember the miles of poo poo that '11 Georgia got for backing dat rear end into the SECCG off the strength of beating basically no one, and then getting drilled by LSU? Put that into a copy machine, press start, and you've got Mizzou Football. (And 2011 Georgia's easy win @GT is probably better than anything '14 Mizzou did.)

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

MourningView posted:

It can be a legitimate knock against their resume without being their fault.

This.

I'd take Mizzou defensiveness more seriously if they didn't in turn yak it up to friggin Indiana and (almost) UCONN. Roll with "yep, we're not really good, glad we benefit from a Charmin sked," as I did in 2011. I knew that 2011 USC was a better team than 2011 UGA.

JRizzle posted:

Georgia had Auburn beat and hosed it up

Where is this "2013 UGA choked and therefore Mizzou won the East" thing coming from? I've seen it in other places too. No, South Carolina choked that season by losing to UT of all teams. 2013 Georgia was decimated by injuries and weren't in the running for the division at the end of the year. It's reasonable to think they would have been had half the team not died on the field, but them's the breaks. But no, they didn't "choke."

'13 UGA at full strength:

Good team! Beating good teams! Now, once all the skill players got hurt...

Nope, UGA's third string isn't winning the SEC. And then Murray tore his ACL:

Ta daaa. Georgia and Richt didn't "choke," they were crazy unlucky on the injury front. Facts. Fickle things. Better to roll with CHOKE and PINKEL JUST WINS, BAY-BEE.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I've never seen anybody shut down Calvin Johnson like he did before or since.

Well, this guy did it pretty well, too:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Herschel Walker is finally getting a statue on the UGA campus. Supposedly by one of the corners of Sanford Stadium.

The guy sculpting it plans to do Frank Sinkwich and Charlie Trippi next with a fourth one undecided.

I hope it's Reggie Ball

Nah, should be this

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

LeeMajors posted:

They've been indistinguishable for ten years. Honest mistake.

In their last 22 games against Alabama/Florida/Georgia, Tennessee has 1 win. Over that time period, Vandy beat '13 UGA and '13 Florida.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Joey Freshwater posted:

I just got really depressed

E: Actually thinking about it now, that's an unfair stat because we play Alabama every year and Vandy has only played Bama twice since '07 and only 5 times in the past 15 years.

Vandy's western opponent is always Ole Miss.

Let's just assume Vandy wouldn't have beaten any of those Bama teams, putting their theoretical record at 2-20.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

swickles posted:

Frankly thats amszing considering the last 5 years.

Florida was #16 when they met in 2011 and #19 when they met in 2013. poo poo, '13 Florida actually started that year in the Top 10.

• Locked thread