Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

BLARGHLE posted:

Genny Cream isn't so bad. You can't really beat $15/30 pack, although it used to be even cheaper.

Bud light sucks.

Bud light rules

:bsdsnype:

Cool NIN Shirt fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Sep 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

DeadBlack posted:

goondolences. We can buy a 750 ml plastic bottle of rum or vodka at walmart for 6 dollars in the US of A

I buy cheap booze at Walmart all the time and this is sheer hyperbole

ALso trap sprung :smug:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Luvcow posted:

you got to slum it nooner

Is it like a regional thing? Here in college we used to buy this terrible beer from el Salvador because it was like $12 for a 30 rack. Don't buy cuagama if you can afford not to its so bad ):

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Nooner posted:

Is it like a regional thing? Here in college we used to buy this terrible beer from el Salvador because it was like $12 for a 30 rack. Don't buy cuagama if you can afford not to its so bad ):

it may be a northeast thing, I would never drink it now

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Stalizard
Aug 11, 2006

Have I got a headache!
look at all you idiots who aren't drinking icehouse

tastes the same as any of em, highest acceptable abv

woe unto you who drink icehouse edge: the beer so bad you have to chase it

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Stalizard posted:

look at all you idiots who aren't drinking icehouse

tastes the same as any of em, highest acceptable abv

woe unto you who drink icehouse edge: the beer so bad you have to chase it

ice house is fighting beer, people spontaneously start fighting when there is lots of it being drunk

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

Luvcow posted:

ice house is fighting beer, people spontaneously start fighting when there is lots of it being drunk

sounds like black label supreme. 8% ABV, get some dudes with a sixer or so under their belt and poo poo gets violent.

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
I'll take the cheapest beer flavored thing they have at whatever store I'm in.

If it's a gas station I'll grab a 2 for $$ tall boys or whatever.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

woah, easy there, mr moneysworth

that aint genny cream ale. go back to the factory and have someone shave some metal into it and maybe we can talk.

B.H. Facials
May 9, 2011

"Getting teased is part of growing up. It's no big deal. Just tell yourself, 'Sticks and stones may break my bones, but a .44 Magnum will tear that bully a new asshole!'"
I like to grab a couple 40s of King Cobra for 4 bones.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

I buy cheap booze at Walmart all the time and this is sheer hyperbole

ALso trap sprung :smug:

Yeah you're right, looking at my receipt I paid 6.97 for cheap rum today. However this is the diluted to 21% stuff; I'm guessing you live in a state with less lovely liquor laws.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
yuengling if you're in the pennsylvania area

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Million Ghosts posted:

jesus what a blessed life, 40s in canada are like $6.50. being a drunk here is a $10 a day habit at best.

how the gently caress a 40 cost 650? a 40 supposed to be like 3-4 dollars

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

oh wait yours is canada money lol

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

nomadologique posted:

oh wait yours is canada money lol

nah its cause the government taxes the fuckin hell out of liquor and smokes, but in turn we have functioning healthcare so

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

Kuato posted:

has anyone tasted stuff like Keystone or anything? I usually stick to the main brands myself.

I lament I'm not old enough to buy those generic white and black cans that just said "beer" on the side myself. I'd probably have just drank that were around back then.

Keystone light really isn't bad, its pretty much like every other light beer out there, but you have to buy it in the 18 pints case to get your moneys worth.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

nomadologique posted:

how the gently caress a 40 cost 650? a 40 supposed to be like 3-4 dollars

I think in Canada they call fifths of liquor 40s like weirdos

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
How do you 'Muricans feel about Old Milwaukee? Seems like a viable cheap beer option where I live.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
my alcoholic uncle who only drank beer drank a case of Old Milwaukee every day

EDIT: i'm sorry, it was Milwaukee's Best. my mistake

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

Nooner posted:

I think in Canada they call fifths of liquor 40s like weirdos

a fifth of hard liquor is a 40 and a 40 of malt beer is also a 40 because gently caress it

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Agag posted:

How do you 'Muricans feel about Old Milwaukee? Seems like a viable cheap beer option where I live.

As a Milwaukeean, gently caress that. It's not even made here. Pretty sure it's made in Detroit.

One that hasn't been mentioned: Schlitz. They went back to the original recipe a few years back and its pretty good for sub-$1/bottle beer. If that isn't around, Miller Genuine Draft is okay.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Agag posted:

greatly frowned upon

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Infidel Castro posted:

As a Milwaukeean, gently caress that. It's not even made here. Pretty sure it's made in Detroit.

One that hasn't been mentioned: Schlitz. They went back to the original recipe a few years back and its pretty good for sub-$1/bottle beer. If that isn't around, Miller Genuine Draft is okay.

Wikipedia says that Schlitz re-launched the Old Milwaukee brand, in Detroit as you said, but was subsequently bought out by Pabst.

nomadologique posted:

greatly frowned upon

Good to know.

What about Busch? That's the other cheapo US brand up here. Though there are also enough cheapo Canadian brands to do around. (Also nothing is as cheap in the US, so its all relative)

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Agag posted:

What about Busch? That's the other cheapo US brand up here. Though there are also enough cheapo Canadian brands to do around. (Also nothing is as cheap in the US, so its all relative)

busch has been my go-to cheap beer for a long time

Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Can't speak to the beer, but that's a 10/10 sign.

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures

BLARGHLE posted:

Genny Cream isn't so bad. You can't really beat $15/30 pack, although it used to be even cheaper.

Bud light sucks.

I love Genny, my Dad put me on to it, but it's hard to find where I live for some reason. My go to is Yuengling, obviously. You know, that Chinese poo poo.

nomadologique posted:

yuengling if you're in the pennsylvania area

My man here knows what's up. We get it in Florida too tho.

SOME PIG fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Sep 22, 2015

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Fratty light is good

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Luvcow posted:

this is why people buy it, idiot. who doesn't love watching 30 y/o men run themselves out of breath and puke everywhere

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Cold Snack. Montucky: Cold Snack.

the_trash_man
Jan 2, 2015
for beer I stand with OP, I just cant beat $14 for 30 beers

as for 40's, Hurricane hi grav, it costs about the same as any other 40 around here but has like 2% more alcohol

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'm about 20 miles south of Milwaukee and have never had Old Milwaukee in my life. We'd get "Hero packs" (30) of the Beast all the time though. I've heard of Yuengling before, never had it, but heard it was a good cheap go to. Never heard of Genesee. PBR was big because of hipsters when I lived in Seattle a few years ago. I still mostly had Miller. Or Rainier.

Bud light tastes like urine. Miller Lite has a nice smell when you breathe out your nose that makes it taste like hops...... that have been left on a wet floor for a week. So I prefer miller.

For 40s I prefer Mickey's or Olde English 800. Those are like $2-3 or so.

If I had it my way it'd be Sint Bernardus all day.

Drinking Miller Lite again tonight. Meh. If you have enough... who cares?

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Sep 22, 2015

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
Genny cream is p. Good but it gives me bubble guts.

Griz
May 21, 2001

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I've heard of Yuengling before, never had it, but heard it was a good cheap go to. Never heard of Genesee.
Genny is upstate NY and bad

Yuengling is PA with distribution to most of the northeast and well worth the $3/case over Genny, beast, keystone, natty, etc. it's not a "good beer" but it's cheap and no one will complain about lovely beer if you get Yuengling instead of whatever was cheapest.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
To be honest, I want to say I had Yuengling in Austin, TX.

ChipNDip
Sep 6, 2010

How many deaths are prevented by an executive order that prevents big box stores from selling seeds, furniture, and paint?

Score big op

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008

BLARGHLE posted:

Bud light sucks.

Really, Genny Cream Ale is the king of cheap beers. I miss the stubby glass bottles though.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008

Griz posted:

Genny is upstate NY and bad

Heathen!

I will give you that upstate NY sucks rear end though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I'm about 20 miles south of Milwaukee and have never had Old Milwaukee in my life. We'd get "Hero packs" (30) of the Beast all the time though. I've heard of Yuengling before, never had it, but heard it was a good cheap go to. Never heard of Genesee. PBR was big because of hipsters when I lived in Seattle a few years ago. I still mostly had Miller. Or Rainier.

Bud light tastes like urine. Miller Lite has a nice smell when you breathe out your nose that makes it taste like hops...... that have been left on a wet floor for a week. So I prefer miller.

For 40s I prefer Mickey's or Olde English 800. Those are like $2-3 or so.

If I had it my way it'd be Sint Bernardus all day.

Drinking Miller Lite again tonight. Meh. If you have enough... who cares?

Goondolances if that means you're in Racine.

Yuengling is okay. People make it out to be this amazing beer but it's really just a slightly better version of Budweiser.

• Locked thread