Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
Just lol if you do this. Have some dignity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
i'm not gonna let THE MAN know about my preference for short ribs over beef heart

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

lol if you don't

dehumanize yourself and face to valuable savings on everyday household items

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
when the economy was slightly less advanced and the vast majority of consumer transactions were done through locally owned businesses, smart business-owners kept track of who bought what and when, usually in a ledger or something. it was just good business, and it still is. but now stores (like, individual stores, let alone the fact that many are managed at regional, national, international, and global scales now) are so big that management is not able to personally keep track of every individual customer or purchase, so they use computers to do it. what's wrong with that? or do you always object to this, regardless of how it is done? if a local restaurant starts to remember your "usual" do you get indignant and take your business elsewhere?

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
i love my speedy rewards card, free fountain soda any size at 900 points BIOTCH :cool:

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

when the economy was slightly less advanced and the vast majority of consumer transactions were done through locally owned businesses, smart business-owners kept track of who bought what and when, usually in a ledger or something. it was just good business, and it still is. but now stores (like, individual stores, let alone the fact that many are managed at regional, national, international, and global scales now) are so big that management is not able to personally keep track of every individual customer or purchase, so they use computers to do it. what's wrong with that? or do you always object to this, regardless of how it is done? if a local restaurant starts to remember your "usual" do you get indignant and take your business elsewhere?

Whenever someone remembers my order I switch restaurants because I am paranoid as hell and likely have a mental disorder

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Squeezy Farm posted:

and miss out on these kroger gas points?

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
Just lol if you are one of these types of customers:

:coolfish: Your total is 65.70, can I get a phone number.

:btroll: Why, you don't need that I don't need people calling me.

:coolfish: Okay no problem.

:btroll: I think its wrong that you people think its okay to track me and what I buy thats none of your business.

:btroll: Do you have any cupuns or discounts?

:coolfish: No

*swipes credit card and everything about your entire family history gets uploaded into our systems*
*we laugh and share the information with all associates and steal your identity.*

Think you're smart paying with cash? We take a picture of your license plates and link it to your purchase. If you don't want to be tracked better start a garden.

Mr. McGibblets fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Sep 21, 2015

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Lol if you give a poo poo that Pathmark can link your identity with how many bags of Doritos you bought last week

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
My local grocery store has their gay little customer tracking card but gently caress that.
Now they won't let me use the self checkout lane without one. Basically telling my money is worthless and instituting their own currency but savings right?

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Champenema posted:

My local grocery store has their gay little customer tracking card but gently caress that.
Now they won't let me use the self checkout lane without one. Basically telling my money is worthless and instituting their own currency but savings right?

Look at you, you want all the convenience and savings without nothing in return. Move to Russia you free loader. I would pay Wal-Mart to let me cut in front of all the welfare babies, I'll let them gently caress me in the rear end too if they let me spit in their faces.

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I have to go to the store everyday for powerball and ask Clematai what my name is anyway so..

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-incredible-story-of-how-target-exposed-a-teen-girls-pregnancy-2012-2

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Tesco used to boast that they could tell if a woman was pregnant before she knew because of changes in her buying habits and that kind of study is pretty cool

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

can;t let the Illuminati find out about the panty hose, KY jelly, and cucumbers right op?

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Mr. McGibblets posted:

Just lol if you are one of these types of customers:

:coolfish: Your total is 65.70, can I get a phone number.

:btroll: Why, you don't need that I don't need people calling me.

:coolfish: Okay no problem.

:btroll: I think its wrong that you people think its okay to track me and what I buy thats none of your business.

:btroll: Do you have any cupuns or discounts?

:coolfish: No

*swipes credit card and everything about your entire family history gets uploaded into our systems*
*we laugh and share the information with all associates and steal your identity.*

Think you're smart paying with cash? We take a picture of your license plates and link it to your purchase. If you don't want to be tracked better start a garden.

why is the clerk a fish

yeah I know about that and I think it's really convenient how they got a start on helping that girl with her pregnancy

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Squeezy Farm posted:

you posted the same lovely thread in yospos. have some dignity :)

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
the only place I can buy grocery and not pay like literally 10-20% more because I don't want to use a card is Wal*Mart. rock, hard place, yo.

Lycaeon
Feb 20, 2013

A closed door is a closed mind.
So what if some regional manager knows you purchase steak on Tuesdays but splurge on frozen chicken strips the rest of the week?

They can't do jack poo poo with that information except stock more frozen chicken strips.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
NO I DON"T WANT YOUR loving TARGET RED CARD EITHER

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

why is the clerk a fish

yeah I know about that and I think it's really convenient how they got a start on helping that girl with her pregnancy

Lol if you don't think in like ten years that if you are involved in a car accident your daily six pack purchase habits are going to be presented to the courts

Just lol

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

this is how it usually goes for me

:) - that will be 4.20. do you have a card with us
:radcat: - no, i don't
:) - *swipes their own card*
:radcat:
:cool:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
whatever fool lol if you think your poo poo isn't getting tracked anyway unless you're using 100% cash for everything

my local supermarket gives me 3% back on my purchases so that's fuckin' an easy $100-$200 every time they send the rebate out. they're locally owned and operated too so I don't need to worry about some megachain like Target or Safeway getting their poo poo jacked.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
yeah i also listen to bill burr's podcast

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

lol if you use the internet every little detail about your existence is stored on corporate servers anyway might as well get some gas points at the market

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
The cia wants to know my favorite yogurt to better deploy their MKUltra juice

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Stealthgerbil posted:

can;t let the Illuminati find out about the panty hose, KY jelly, and cucumbers right op?

WTF would anyone buy that stuff for?

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Hope shoprite doesn't get hacked and the details of my low carb diet find their way into the hands of the Russian mob

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
loyalty programs are mad antitrust

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tuxedo Gin posted:

lol if you use the internet every little detail about your existence is stored on corporate servers anyway might as well get some gas points at the market

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Aralan posted:

Lol if you give a poo poo that Pathmark can link your identity with how many bags of Doritos you bought last week

Stalizard
Aug 11, 2006

Have I got a headache!
Lol if you actually fill out the form attached to the card

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Total Meatlove posted:

Tesco used to boast that they could tell if a woman was pregnant before she knew because of changes in her buying habits and that kind of study is pretty cool

5 jars of pickles, 5 pints of ice cream. Yep.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Lol just lol if you don't do your own hunting and gathering and rely on a so called "supermarket"

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

lol if you don't use someone else's card such as your parents or roommates

at the supermarket I go to I use my parents card and they give out coins you can use to get discounts on some items. I just take the coins for myself

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
ive been using my friend's parents card (i know the phone number) at vons/safeway since 7th grade lol

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ktf7fGvufoU

edit\\ "He who trades his privacy for a BOGO gains neither." -Mr. Whipple

Masturbasturd fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Sep 21, 2015

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

All the checkout clerks at local supermarket use their own card if you don't have one, stick it to the man!

So, not a good idea to go to the self checkout without a card as you pay more money and fill your own bags too.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
paul is the only cashier at 2:00 am so all the supermarket has to do if they want to know what I buy is to ask paul

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Squeezy Farm posted:

using value cards is extremely trash and poorish

• Locked thread