Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

I dunno, I watched the Muppets, both ye olde variety show and when it spun off into Muppet Babies and the films today. I think people are judging this WAY too harshly. Things have to evolve and I think the Muppets did a good job with this one. I think the Fozzie bits were stale, but overall, it's still a FUN show.

It's not as bitter and acerbic in its humor as It's Always Sunny or Arrested Development, but you have a TOUCH of that kind of sarcasm that I like.

As an aside, Miss Piggy is fabulous in the way only really old divas or new reality show queens tends to be. Like a Mariah Carey or a Kim Zolciak. She's always been that way, but softened by Kermy. Without that, this is what you get. "Bacon wrapped hell" I laughed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Waltzing Along posted:

Here's something that stood out as wrong:

When Honeydew tazers Beaker. It was pure malice. Honeydew hurting Beaker, in the past, had aways been due to being a bit daft and not realizing what was going to happen. But in this case he just attacks him.

Really? I didn't get that. He's still a little daft. He said it was perfectly safe! He was wearing protective gloves, you see.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

So One Million Moms is boycotting the Muppets. Plus and minus to this. Minus = your kid demo is shot, but the time slot change meant it was probably going to dip anyway. Plus = Anything OMM hates, everyone else races to see, because they tend to suck. So your target adult audience is going to go up.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

"Libraries have had it TOO good for TOO long."

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Jax-Guy1 posted:

Laurence Fishburne!

Holy poo poo, he's an rear end in a top hat. That's amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I honestly wonder whether Usher is going to make an appearance on the show or even knew his name was mentioned in the show. They usually post about stuff like that in their twitter or instagram, but I don't follow him.

• Locked thread