Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I was disappointed it wasn't a new Muppets variety show also, but I found myself chuckling through the entire thing. I also see this being cancelled soon, and forgetting about it for a few years until I see it on Netflix and go "Huh, that's right, they did try a 30-Rock-style Muppets show years ago, that wasn't just a fever dream."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

X-O posted:

It's 2015, after NPH's show fails then variety shows will be back in the grave where they belong.

Late night talk shows are basically variety shows interspersed with interviews, and we're still excited about those. I suspect those basically survive because of the legacy factor, though.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Cheesus posted:

My wife lost it when the Swedish Chef asked Kermit "Cooked de piggy?" after the scene with the hot rocks.

I thought it was something along the lines of: "Someone cookin' de bacon?" Oh well, same joke. I also liked his line about "Gropin' de Grobin? Hee hee hee."

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

I too am having a hard time seeing what's so bad about the description of the changes. Piggy and smug, sadsack Kermit were annoying, any segment on Up Late with Miss Piggy was bad and a waste of airtime. A Muppets show shouldn't feel depressing. Everyone was clamoring for more wacky Muppet antics, and they've proven themselves with their YouTube skits. The only concerning thing is describing the new network exec character as a "bad guy".

All of these changes could go either way, throwing your arms up and saying "welp it's gonna be poo poo for sure" is overreacting a bit.

You're right on the money. An article came out saying that they were going to change things that goons were complaining about (even while saying that the show had found itself) and people's first reactions are "show's gonna suck!"? I'm worried that they feel like they have to add a recurring villain also, but that's always going to sound like a horrible concept when you write it out.

• Locked thread