Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
This was a good pilot, and I look forward to more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Pan Dulce posted:

"Bacon wrapped hell" I laughed.

Can't say "hell."

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
I loved the "Forget the mountain bike; she's getting a Prius!" Really, the whole solution to that plot was great.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Rowlf eating his stitches.

That is all.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Jonny_Rocket posted:

It's a shame. I feel like the show has gotten much better since the pilot, but it'll probably be canned after this (or next, if they're lucky) season

Not necessarily. The premiere was the second highest-rated show across all networks behind Blindspot. If it kept those initial ratings, that would have not only made it a hit by ABC standards, but a genuine television phenomenon. It will largely depend on where the ratings start leveling out. It's still doing pretty well for the network excluding all shows called "Modern Family."

TV by the Numbers still has it likely to be renewed.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Full season pickup to 16 episodes :toot:

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

J-Spot posted:

That's not a full season, that's just three extra episodes which is kind of an unusual extension. Not sure if that's a good sign or if they're just filling a hole before a mid-season show takes over. A full season would be 22 episodes.

The network and producers are calling it a full-season order. The shortened amount is being stressed as due to the performance of ABC's other titles. The Muppets is doing really well for them on the whole, but they'll probably be rearranging the lineup elsewhere.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

macnbc posted:

That's definitely a factor. ABC picked up the show straight to series based on the pitch reel. There was no pilot stage so they didn't really have a chance to make a finished product and tweak it before air.

Pretty much. If Deadline's sources are right (they are), it would explain the kind of slapdash tone that some goons were having issues with early on. Looks like they're going with Newman not because of track record, but because she is more in line with what Prady wants for the show. So, hopefully it smooths out the tonal issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
I would be entirely ok with a show entirely about Pepe, Rizzo, and Gonzo.

• Locked thread