Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I liked it as a first episode. Shows usually take some time to find their feet, but I thought they gave enough laughs to warrant seeing where they take it. I don't mind assuming that the Muppets as they've always been presented were actors with other "real personas" behind them. I don't mind that as an avenue for them to play with even if it feels a bit like a soulless cash grab based on taking elements from other popular shows and inserting MUPPETS.

I wouldn't say its the most clever thing, but it's also only 1 episode in. Parks and Rec turned out amazing but honestly most of the first season is very meh while they found their feet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Lizard Wizard posted:

What, then, would you call The Muppet Show?

Not saying the original wasn't, just that it didn't feel as transparent?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Second episode was definitely a step above the first.

"YOU HAVE PRE SHOW CRY TOO!?" ; Animal only gets like 2 gags an episode but he's been golden.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

lifts cats over head posted:

Am I the only one who doesn't care at all about the fate of Kermit and Piggy's relationship?

I don't think there is any fate about it. This show has been very clear that they aren't together and aren't likely to be again despite the pining on both sides. Kermit knows better somehow.

Also this show got a lot better through its run. Anyone that avoided it missed out.

• Locked thread