Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Jonny_Rocket posted:

This is a great point. I'm not even sure who this is supposed to be geared towards, as those who've grown up with the Muppets seem to absolutely despise this (from general consensus).

I grew up with the Muppets and I quite enjoy this new thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I don't mind that as an avenue for them to play with even if it feels a bit like a soulless cash grab based on taking elements from other popular shows and inserting MUPPETS.

What, then, would you call The Muppet Show?

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Sep 23, 2015

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Jamesman posted:

New concepts like watching Fozzy struggle with the disapproval of his girlfriend's parents, or watching Kermit and Piggy's heartfelt breakup? Yeah, no, if moving on means the loving Muppets of all things need to lose their cartoonish edge and become more serious, then I will very gladly stick with my "rose-tinted glasses" and continue to watch my Muppet Show DVDs.

What exactly about the interracial relationship between a woman and a man-sized bear puppet who happens to be an idiot and a bad comedian do you find serious?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

CPColin posted:

Hell of a post, right here.

Can't post "hell".

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

If nothing else, click this. The Wilkins Coffee commercials are gold.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Sep 25, 2015

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Bruceski posted:

Was Wilkins a coffee company or the Protection arm of the Mob?

What do you mean "or"?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I for one was confused by the Megan joke.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

So would tonight be the first :airquote:rebooted:airquote: episode?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

The new, retooled episode was pretty good, and shockingly meta. Some of the lines seemed to be direct callouts to complaints people were having.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I, for one, deeply enjoyed the One Million Moms jab.

• Locked thread