Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I wonder if the new game won't end up being more of a DMC4.5, ie a new scenario with new levels but characters that basically play the same as 4SE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Capcom Humble Bundle, featuring DmC (& RE4, RE:Rev, Remember Me) at the beat-the-average tier (currently $8.31) and DMC4SE (& RE6) at the $15 tier, plus Bionic Commando Rearmed, Strider and more: https://www.humblebundle.com/capcom-bundle-remix

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Didn't they single out DMC as one of their core franchises a little while back? They put out a list of 6 or so series they considered "leading IP" or something and I remember DMC was one of them.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I'm playing TMNT right now so I think the correct answer is probably "Activision"

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Baal posted:

The Korra team apparently worked on TMNT, so shock of all shocks it sucks.

TMNT was released/priced like Transformers so people expected something closer to that level of quality.

Sakurazuka posted:

Is it as bad as it looks? :(

It's Bad Anarchy Reigns minus the versus mode and with AI partners that you wish would just go away and bad bosses with half a dozen health bars. It seems like it'd be more tolerable with other competent players but it's not much fun as a single-player experience and it has the same budget constraints as Transformers (boring areas with only a few repeat settings).

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

The AI isn't any smarter here but the game demands more of them, which in turn makes them more of a nuisance because they're stupid as hell and mostly just get in the way. The game is designed around having 4 players so there are lots of "defend x" missions where you can't rely on the AI to defend anything or kill anything quickly and the bosses take forever to kill because they're tuned for co-op (high damage, absolutely insane amounts of health) but the AI doesn't consistently attack when it should and makes no effort to dodge anything so they spend most of their time reviving each other. (You only get limited continues after your party wipes, too, so you have to replay the entire stage if you die to a boss too many times.)

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Baal posted:

This argument doesn't work when Transformers has about the same amount of play time and development time and is a much better game despite being three times the price at launch. Mind you I would probably be a bit miffed if I spent 50 for it, but it's a drat solid game regardless.

The higher price implies they spent more money making it (ie the team was bigger).

Of course, we don't actually know what any of these games cost to make but the Activision deal proves that you can only squeeze so much blood out of a stone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

DoubleDonut posted:

Do you like Dante? Well, in the new one, you get to see him as a little kid!

I can't wait to take the grand tour at E3.

• Locked thread