Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012

Zelder posted:

I think Devil May Cry 3 is better than 4, am I wrong

I think that's more common than people liking 4 over 3. 4 is almost entirely better in moment-to-moment play (or like ImpAtom put it, it's much better in Bloody Palace because Dante is such a well-realized character and the game doesn't have DMC3's terrible enemies weighing it down), but 3 has more, better, and less annoyingly gimmicky stages (that is, it has a better campaign). I like 4 more than 3 ultimately but they are both kind of flawed.

Of course DMC1, lacking both games' egregious flaws, is definitely better than either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012
I'll defend Mundus 1 all day. It's weird as hell that the final boss contains a total genre shift, yeah, but it's a legit great boss fight with a lot of nuance to it. I only wish Kamiya's later action game genre shifts were as good (even if Viewtiful Joe's shmup level and some of W101's weirder segments are cool, they're no patch on Mundus 1).

Also, Round Trip is at least very useful on Mundus 2, if nothing else.

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

I know right I guess they figured that everyone was done with the series after dmc4 sucked so bad.

DMC4 is flawed for sure, but it's no worse than DmC. Ask yourself this - what is more detrimental to action games: heavy environment reuse and the occasional garbage dice minigame, or tons of unskippable walk-and-talk segments, drawn-out platforming, and really poor boss fights?

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012

Baal posted:

The Korra team apparently worked on TMNT, so shock of all shocks it sucks.

It's not really the Korra team. The same person directed both games, and they share some staff, but that's it (and most Platinum games have a good deal of staff overlap anyway - the company isn't divided up into teams).

• Locked thread