Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
How To Manage Millennials: 5 Proven Strategies From The World's Leading Millennial Expert - Jason Dorsey, Millenial Expert

Millennials, aka Generation Y, are the fastest growing and now largest generation in the workforce. Along with tremendous potential and formal education, this new generation brings an attitude, communication style and workplace preferences that can challenge (or frustrate!) the most experienced leader. In this how-to program, bestselling Millennials expert Jason Dorsey will share his latest research on how to manage Millennials within a multi-generational workforce. These insights come from his work with over 100 companies per year around the world. You may have seen Jason on 60 Minutes, The CBS Early Show or his recent feature in a New York Times cover story. Jason has received over 1,000 standing ovations, so this action-packed webinar will be sure to deliver results! For a sneak peak of Jason in action, watch his YouTube video which has over 400,000 views: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcZieFwXZio You can learn more about Jason Dorsey's Millennials research at https://www.jasondorsey.com and at The Center for Generational Kinetics: https://www.genhq.com In this high-energy program you'll learn: Why generations are not a box but powerful, predictive clues That Millennials are not tech savvy but something else entirely How Millennials are breaking into two different generations 5 specific ways to solve your recruiting, communication and Motivation challenges with Millennials now

how do I become a millenial expert guys?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

step 1. be named jason you loving millenial piece of poo poo

powerofrecall
Jun 26, 2009

by R. Guyovich
This is a good site if you have the 'snake person' extension

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
dangle a pizza rat in front of them :D

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
not reading this

membranoid
Feb 25, 2001

fart huffer
semen chugger
so did everyone in gen x die from drug od? i need to catch up

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
as a millenial my experience in managing millenials has pretty much been like "hey I need you to take care of this. Also stay off facebook." *walk back to my desk and check my facebook*

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Nooner posted:

as a millenial my experience in managing millenials has pretty much been like "hey I need you to take care of this. Also stay off facebook." *walk back to my desk and check my facebook*

confirming this experience

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Nooner posted:

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
As a millenial, I yet to have a white collar job in a office setting. The past 10 years painting and sandblasting. Hopefully I'll get a job that pays more 14 an hour when I'm done with my cs degree this spring. The millenials I work with are from south and central America and work hard

puppet pal mitch
Oct 23, 2008

Edgar posted:

As a millenial, I yet to have a white collar job in a office setting. The past 10 years painting and sandblasting. Hopefully I'll get a job that pays more 14 an hour when I'm done with my cs degree this spring. The millenials I work with are from south and central America and work hard

learn a real trade, scrub. antique grandfather clock repair or artisanal mayonnaise monger. Etc

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Thinking of becoming a farrier since there is a bunch of ranchers near me.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
mmm..good cigar.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Edgar posted:

Thinking of becoming a farrier since there is a bunch of ranchers near me.

thats a pretty good job, especially if you can stay away from the bougie hobbyist types

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

circ dick soleil posted:

mmm..good cigar.

same

millenial baby :c00l:

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

*tugs dress pants down around lower butt*

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
To become a millenial expert I would recommend starting out small. Say like becoming an artisanal pencil sharpener and then working your way up from there.

http://www.artisanalpencilsharpening.com/

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Mad Monk posted:

To become a millenial expert I would recommend starting out small. Say like becoming an artisanal pencil sharpener and then working your way up from there.

http://www.artisanalpencilsharpening.com/

:eyepop:

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

someone who calls themselves a millennial expert, as their profession, and gives seminars to rich assholes telling them how to "manage millennials" should throw themselves of the tallest nearby building asap

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Feranon posted:

someone who calls themselves a millennial expert, as their profession, and gives seminars to rich assholes telling them how to "manage millennials" should throw themselves of the tallest nearby building asap

look buddy, i have (3 days short of) 26 years of experience working every single day with a millenial, I think that I am qualified to be an expert!

bog pixie
Feb 23, 2013

10.) What will the generation after Gen Y and Millennials be called?

iGen. You can check out my thoughts about their emergence on our iGen page. They are going to rock the workplace and the marketplace—and all while using their phones for everything but talking.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Edgar posted:

That actually sounds way more rewarding than a white collar office job. Why do we as a society pay people to sit on their rear end and pretend to work?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Feranon posted:

idk Shingy seems alright

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

Moridin920 posted:

idk Shingy seems alright

nope no untreated mental illnesses there

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Goddamn you, goddamn you all to hell. I had forgotten that Shingy exists and it was a blissful period in my life.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

im not going to read a word of this thread but in my experience im gay

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

notZaar posted:

That actually sounds way more rewarding than a white collar office job. Why do we as a society pay people to sit on their rear end and pretend to work?

because getting paid white collar wages to sit around an airconditioned office posting online with your friends for 90% of the work day loving owns?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Feranon posted:

nope no untreated mental illnesses there

dude is getting paid 6 figures to dress up like that and talk bullshit on national TV; I'm pretty sure he's got some poo poo figured out

his job description is “watching the future take shape across the vast online landscape" which is literally just gently caress around on the internet all day.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Nooner posted:

because getting paid white collar wages to sit around an airconditioned office posting online with your friends for 90% of the work day loving owns?

No way it loving sucks, it's so god drat boring. Let me keep my healthcare and do construction or something, I bet I'd be way happier. I just now realize I'm summing up the plot to Office Space.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

notZaar posted:

No way it loving sucks, it's so god drat boring. Let me keep my healthcare and do construction or something, I bet I'd be way happier. I just now realize I'm summing up the plot to Office Space.

You'd rather be bored than deal with the pain of hard labor.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

man in business suit overtly pondering at what angle company fanny packs are peak irony

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I'd probably be happy assembling Ikea furniture 8 hours a day if it would make the clock tick faster.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

notZaar posted:

Someone whose never done manual labor . Txt

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

notZaar posted:

yeah, no you don't. construction is super lovely. i did a lot of field grout inspection, borings, and surveying where i was outside all day every day, and even that was lovely. and even more of the manual construction is even shittier

Waroduce posted:

Someone whose never done manual labor . Txt

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
was hoping the thread title ended with 'military warhawks', followed by a vid of napalming a starbucks after putting up a fake promotion for pumpkin spice lattes

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I love doing construction, painting, and sandblasting. Just I need to make more than 14$ an hour. I guess I can be a Hill Airforce Base Painter, those guys make 20ish bucks an hour.

nononsense
Feb 28, 2013
I've finally found a job that can produce even less value than a social media expert.

And it even makes more money. That's pretty impressive.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

nononsense posted:

I've finally found a job that can produce even less value than a social media expert.

And it even makes more money. That's pretty impressive.

Hey I know a social media expert and she's increased her company's Facebook followers by like 500 now don't you feel dumb?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Re: working outdoors and manual labor

It's great until it's too hot or too cold and then your back starts hurting and you wish you had an office job where you could sit down for a goddamn second.

Re: working indoors in an office

It's great until you're stuck inside all day when it's nice outside and you have to sit in a chair all day and you wish you could get up and walk around outside for a goddamn second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
all you need to do to manage millenials is give them a task and step the gently caress back while they invent a whole new streamlined process for doing something your old fogey dinosaur rear end would never have comprehended. like, eat poo poo brenden at task.ly your "print out PDFs, fill in with handwriting, scan, then email" workflow just got loving up ENDED by my agile multivariable python script that sends all documents to Janice the Human Printer to convert directly into suffering, therefore sparing me from your bitchmade micromanagement.

gonna wreck that rear end drinking lambusco wine overlooking the circo de massimo.

• Locked thread