Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dipple
Oct 22, 2008

SynthesisAlpha posted:

I've yet to encounter a recipe that returns more than the trade house value of the quest resources.

Quoting because I didn't notice it when I first unlocked the trade house and it's a really really good source of income at low level.

Another tip is to look though the achievements, most are so hard they're laughable but there's a couple that worth grinding towards for the 200k and 1 million. Of particular note you can get 1.2 million gold from the interior designer chieve by buying <50k gold in plants/torches/rugs/etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

DontMindMe posted:

Nice. I just tried this. I'm about 3 decorations away from the 1M, but the 200k was still worth it.

EDIT: I could finish it off for 150 gems. Is there an alternative?

Did you check all 4 decoration types? there should be more than enough

red square carpet/round rug/ welcome mat/brown rug
basic plant/ potted fern
window/torch/ tapestry
ardoise/ gilded pillars

dipple
Oct 22, 2008
Yeah must be tied to player level or maybe some city upgrade, anyway don't spend 150 gems on that.

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

CrashCat posted:

I have been blatantly ignoring this advice and going as broad as possible so I can outfit the heroes cheaply and pound out dungeons to sell the items. It seems to work but the disadvantage is my shopkeeper's level is way low for my net worth. On the other hand it means I have to spend very little money equipping my dudes, which is good since they're getting to the point where I have to pay 20k or more to cover a hole in the equipment that I can't make.

It's fine to keep your other categories up to date for gearing up but like you've noted it's hurt your shopkeeper level. Picking 2 items categories that have 100% hero sell coverage and buying 2 racks of that type to let you suggest and surcharge those items with net positive hearts seems to be the best way to powerlevel.

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

delfin posted:

But 2000 gems is pretty much unreachable without IAPs. I'm looking at that $10-over-30-days package and shaking my head because I know I'll quit playing this at some point, and that $10 in Google Play credits would get me Sproggiwood or something of that nature.
The gem side of the tradehouse seems pretty active, I could imagine a player in their 20s grinding out 2000 gems over a couple weeks but it'd cost a lot of gold.

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

Filthy Monkey posted:

Edit: Actually, scratch that. Don't accept my invites for now. Still not sure if the game is going to hold me, and I would rather not people put money into my town if I don't stick around.

They aren't permanently investing in your buildings, if people leave the money goes with them.

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

texasmed posted:

That's two of the major reasons why I haven't tried to join a player city. I can't commit enough time to be effective in a group, and I could quit at any time.
You really oughta just join a town, the city upgrades require multiple people contributing and it's not a huge deal if you're less active or end up quitting.

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

Boozie posted:

Okay makese sense. When leveling workers, do you split it between both of the skills? What about mastery?

I ignore one skill and max the other and mastery, city bonuses can cap out crafting station limits pretty easy.

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

RoboCicero posted:

In terms of city building, I assume the next thing to aim for after the various tier 2 workers and resources (beyond population increases) are Tier 3 workers?
Xantastic is town level 20, for what it's worth.
You'll probably want to unlock t3 resources and higher tier heroes first, t3 workers are locked behind a shitload of town hall upgrades. Like a hundred million gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dipple
Oct 22, 2008
I don't think anyone really tiers items but if you were T2 would probably be items that start requiring t2 resources or t2 workers. Yeah you should be building up to higher level items that sell for more and let you go on higher missions.

• Locked thread