Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

quote:

So when you see me, dressin up like a nerd on TV
or heard the CD usin the fag word so freely
it's just me being me, here want me to tone it down?
Suck my fuckin dick, you human being — you happy now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Yes, I'm happy now

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
He made 31 million last year

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

"8 Mile" was just on TV.

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014
I bet he forgot about Dre

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Basically GBS Prose

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

not-so-slim shady

momerath
Nov 15, 2014

RadioactiveKid
Aug 12, 2005

Gato Rebelde
faggots suck dick big deal

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

execute d&d retard eminem

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

There's vomit on his mom's spaghetti.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
whats that, op? i cant hear you over the repeated chants of fygm by popular musicians

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i think eminem is a great lyricist. his lyrics do have really offensive poo poo in them but imo that's kind of half the point isn't it?

like my gf doesn't like him bc of the misogyny; alright fair enough but how come him talking poo poo on Christopher Reeves nonstop doesn't matter to anyone? just interesting how we go for our own pet issue and ignore all the other equally bad poo poo

plus his lyrics are genuinely clever and funny so yeah everything doesn't always go over well but imo the litmus test is 'is this funny/entertaining or is just trite crap for shock value' and I think he definitely falls into the former more than the latter.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Sep 24, 2015

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer
Can we bury the word "wigger"?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Meiers Goldbrick posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Eip_zXK0qY

watch the first 5 seconds of that video then you tell me

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Meiers Goldbrick posted:

You can, but it will just dig itself out like the thriller zombies.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

i think eminem is a great lyricist. his lyrics do have really offensive poo poo in them but imo that's kind of half the point isn't it?

like my gf doesn't like him bc of the misogyny; alright fair enough but how come him talking poo poo on Christopher Reeves nonstop doesn't matter to anyone? just interesting how we go for our own pet issue and ignore all the other equally bad poo poo

plus his lyrics are genuinely clever and funny so yeah everything doesn't always go over well but imo the litmus test is 'is this funny/entertaining or is just trite crap for shock value' and I think he definitely falls into the former more than the latter.

nAH

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

"bad things are good, but only when i do them" -a rich person, or perhaps a cop or a cultist

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

he is good when he wants to be but is bad overall like jay z

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quakster posted:

"bad things are good, but only when i do them" -a rich person, or perhaps a cop or a cultist

nah it's more like there's shades of grey and not all offensive speech is automatically Mein Kampf

or it's like when someone posts a stupid/offensive post but if it is funny the mods will let it slide

or like when offensive speech starts a dialogue

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Sep 24, 2015

• Locked thread