Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
This came up in a recent game, and I'm kinda curious about the thought behind it as no one seemed to feel it was weird but me. What is the point of claiming, but not full claiming, in some contexts? We had a player claim they knew, undoubtedly, that a player was scum but they would not reveal their actual role. Claiming you know someone will for sure flip scum seems like a great way to get yourself targeted for the NK, so why not fullclaim then and there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

Is there ever value for having a death miller in a game? Trying to brainstorm, and I don't really see any tactical advantage in a game's balance for it. Is it just mod fuckery?

I just played a game with a vengeful Miller and it was really hilarious in the end.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
blacklisting is bad.

Quantum Mafia looks horrible, so I'm in.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Everyone is A... It's a mafia game where I let you guys decide what role everyone is. Come join!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Ecco I didn't read that post at all but those are the art for some magic cards so I'm in

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm having an issue with votefinder. On the votecount tab, it's stuck on unresolved votes. If I choose any option from the dropdown, nothing happens. I've hit update and it will work for that instance, but if I go back to the webpage later it will be stuck on the unresolved votes again.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I blame JakeP for his bad vote

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
in it to fun it

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Same with Choose Your Own Adventure Mafia. As soon as Ecco's game ends, I'll be recruiting for that.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tommunist posted:

Someone make a new mafia game tia

I am pre-signing you for CYOA Mafia

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Podima posted:

I think most people are waiting for soldiers game to wane a bit. I have something I'm toying with atm though!

Unrelated question - what do people think of giving OPG powers to make voting lights out or double plurality for one day only? Is this too powerful in town or scum hands?

lights out is absolutely bonkers powerful for town late game.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Splatoonfia, a mafia game for 15 players, is taking signups!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
CYOR Something Awful Dot Com Forums Mafia a mafia game for 13 players, is taking signups!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Phone posting so this may be kinda brief but

You could start running signups at any point, although depending on how many games are active at the time you may be hard pressed to fill your game especially if it is a larger game. For the most part people do just fire off games when they want to, but occasionally there are times when most people don't post new games (we just had a massive 50 player game going so there was a big drop in games recruiting at that time, for example)

As for games you can be in simultaneously, that's up to you. I play in every single active game all the time because my job is quiet and I can post during work, but others will limit themselves to one or two games at a time. As long as you can contribute at a level that makes you happy, go wild.

The clue giver role sounds interesting, I've never played with a role like that but there isn't really anything preventing you from making that a thing if you choose to for your game. We aren't strict on what roles are allowed and what aren't.

We can communicate via email if absolutely necessary, but it's generally via PMs and if a user doesn't have them but wants to play we usually end up getting them platinum so they can.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Yeah it's hard to say how many active games is a good amount. Small (under 20 players) and Large games change that variable as well. The best way to find out is to throw something out and see if it gets filled!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Exploring the Void, a mafia/choose your own adventure hybrid game for 25 players, is taking sign-ups now!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Over halfway to Exploring the Void! Come be part of a cool CYOA story AND kill people!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
One more day of recruiting for Exploring the Void! A mafia/cyoa crossover adventure

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Pay day so I decided to make Get a New Avatar Mafia, a 9-person mafia game where people get new avatars.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

Didn't get an avatar in the first round? Come join Get a New Avatar Mafia 2, now with changed rules for MAXIMUM AVATAR

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Monster Hunter Mafia is now taking signups!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Nutsack Rangoon posted:

wheres a game i want to play

Kashuno posted:

Monster Hunter Mafia is now taking signups!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Runescape Mafia #1 is taking sign ups. While this will be a series, there is no requirement to commit! Come join a weird stat management mafia game

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
You Must be New Here, a mafia game for 3-21 players, is taking signups. We start playing with 3 players, and anyone after the starting 3 is added as they join!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Popularity Contest 2: Screw You is now live.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Tokyo Mafia Sessions, a 17 player role madness game, is now accepting signups!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Tontine is great. Somberbrero ran it and it went great. Don't let players trade.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Come play Hunters a 13 player mafia game with some weird stuff going on.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

Gotta Go Fast, a standard open setup with a unique spin on day length, is taking signups.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Vigilante 8, 17-player role madness 1970s car combat

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Aggro posted:

I haven't played forums-based mafia in like six years, but I have a one month sabbatical from work and would like to play. Is it cool if I jump in to this game?

All are welcome!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I think it was Tomm? who tried to run a game where one role was the main gimmick and it got killed d1 and things were messed up from there. IMO start with what kind of game you'd like to run, think of 3-5 roles, and branch from there. the reason you see so many mafia games that are based on other forms of media is because it really makes it easy to let the flavor lend a direction (although not dictate) roles

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Counterpoint: a game with so many death millers would be amazingly fun and I would play it 100x because I don't have to worry about interactions with dead players just go in the moment

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Gotta Go Fast is an open setup looking for folks who feel the need for speed

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
NES Accessory Role Madness for 13 players is taking signups.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Posting for Lord of Hats

Come join amazingly good Netrunner Mafia hosted by new cool mod

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
This Game has a Hypercharger

Kashuno