Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Anaranjado posted:

I liked this dude's posting a lot. Rip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I'm gonna go buy a bottle of scotch tonight.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Filthy Casual posted:

Was that the Let It Go cover?

Didn't know him personally, but loved his posts rip in peace.

That was Qwijibo and IcePhoenix.

Ehud posted his stuff from FART already.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Sep 25, 2015

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

sweet thursday posted:

You only get to encounter so many people in life who seem to see the world the same way you do. I don't care that this is an online forum for a league that isn't even in my country and I've never met any of you. I definitely felt that with nrr and I feel it with a lot of you people here.

He was the type of guy you only wanted to match wits with for so long because you knew at some point you'd be exposed by the sheer relentlessness of his particular brand of comedy. Online or offline there will never be another guy like nrr and we're all the poorer for it

Maaaaaaaan, gently caress, he was such a good poster...

Henchman of Santa posted:

When I die I hope it's not while my team is on a losing streak. Then again it's the Lions.

Well, you'll be around for a long, long time, then.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Sep 26, 2015

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Fenrir posted:

Which one did you write? Were you the one who did the Frozen thing?

Again... Written By Ice Phoenix, performed by Qwijibo.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
What the world needs now is nrr, sweet nrr
It's the only thing that there's just too little of
What the world needs now is nrr, sweet nrr
Not, not just for some but for everyone

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Since bird franchise deaths are the new goon fad, it's either gonna be me or Shath Hole next.

:ohdear:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ramadu posted:

bruh I've got cancer :smith: I think I could be next and still fit the bird franchise hypothesis.

RIP Nrr I loved all your songs. This is a blow to the community for sure.

gently caress Cancer, bro. Kick it's rear end.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

WeLandedOnTheMoon! posted:

God drat.

nrr was the best Eagles poster on the forums, and our lovely team killed him.

gently caress the Eagles.

rollercoasterflyingoffrails.gif

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

He was actually pretty fowl, just like wheez.

:thurman:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
If Ramadu dies, it's p much gonna be me next.

Time to quit smokin' :ohdear:

BUT gently caress THAT NOISE, RAMADU ISN'T GONNA!!!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Rasczak posted:

As someone who quit smoking 8 or 9 years ago it's totally possible, you just need to find the motivation to stick with it/really want to quit. Also, gum helps with the oral fixation and nicotine patches are also helpful early on.

When I quit I was going to band practice 3x a week with several other smokers and beer there, and also playing shows in smoke-filled bars, so if I can pull that poo poo off then so can you.

Oh, I quit years ago when my daughter was born, I was just being dramatic. I quite smoking real cigarettes and then started using an ecig for a year or so, and then it just got gross one day and the addiction was gone. gently caress it. Smoking is cool as -gently caress- though, so it's hell on my self-image.

I did recently stop eating like poo poo, so, I mean... that's gotta be worth something.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Catfish Stevens posted:

E-cigs have helped a lot of my buddies. Of course, they're now addicted to e-cigs but that's a hell of a lot better than the alternative.

I quit cold turkey after reading the wiki page on lung cancer but I was mostly a social/drinking smoker.

I was on a pack every 2 days and quit cold turkey once... I realized how awesome cigarettes are and started again after like a year, but I QUIT THAT ONE TIME, MAN!!!

Also, yeah, Ecigs are basically going to save your life. They're cheaper than cigarettes, the taste is better, you don't smell like an ashtray when you're done, you can do it indoors, you can continue to be social with your smoker friends and satisfy the craving to walk/have a thing on your lips, and as an added bonus you're less likely to die from it!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
What's all of this queer ecig poo poo? Nrr is dead guys. He's gone.

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ALL OFF YOU?!?!?!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

sweet thursday posted:

I wish I could see what nrr would have to say about his memorial topic veering into the virtues of e-cigs for about a page. I bet it'd be funny and worth reading

He could have just rattled on about the virtues of a diner breakfast and it would have been funny and worth reading. He could have posted at length about how he hosed each and every one of our mothers... we'd all be salty when it came to our bit, but we'd be rolling the other 99%.

Nrr was a loving great poster. He wasn't just a great poster, he was a great dude. Witty, talented, ruthless, sympathetic, maniacal, and jovial. He was the reason we played the game. The game being, talking about football with internet strangers, some of which are the fans of rival teams. He was an Eagles fan that loved the Eags. He also loved the game and loved each and every one of you, even if you were Giants, Cowboys, or Redskins fans. He came here for the laughs and he brought them for most of us.

He was a louse. He was jerk. He was a internet stranger. And he will be missed.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Entitled "Suck My Dick, Suckass"

haha nah. you're ok. im just a heads up that im loving with you in the farthouse for my own amusement, waaayyyyyy more than to be a dick to you <3

its been way too long since we had a dumb feud because you haven't been posting stupid poo poo for like ever, rear end in a top hat. how dare you post regular, intelligent poo poo that I don't have a problem with! ugh. ive had to settle for calling ross out on being a baby, and every time I do that he cries about how im stalking him or something instead of actually forming an argument and defending his dumb idiot posts.

anyway,i left like three dolphins jokes in there as a present to you, and even used your recent catchprase! AND like, I totally drafted the dolphins D in my fantasy league so basically all of this equates to me hanging a gigantic picture of your dumb idiot face above my fireplace as some sort of shrine, and totally gets me off the hook for being an rear end in a top hat here at stupid oclock in the morning for being a dick to you in public. k? ok good talk.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was the last communication I had with him. I think it's absolutely amazing. He used to rip on me because of an argument we once got into and he trolled me hard into looking stupid.

It was an inside job :ninja:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Poison Jam posted:

I really shouldn't drink but I bought a bottle of scotch because with him gone there's a void in scotch consumption that needs to be filled by all of us :(

Glenlivit might go under with him gone.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
What I wouldn't give for one more quality Nrr Post.

Magic Pants has been stepping it up lately, so it hurts less, but still... come back, Nrr :smith:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Petey posted:

stop dying you dumb gay fuckers i love you horrible trashlords

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF0cGt5-69k

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Hey Nrr,

Alright, man, so Spoeank was watching a 49ers presser and heard Tomsula farting while listening to a reporter ask a question. So he posts he here, right, because of course we want to know. Then he send it off to some radio show and Dave makes a vine out of it, then he breaks it on Uproxx and tweets it to his army of followers and now it's the biggest news in sports on October 2nd in TYOOL 2015.

I knew you'd want to know about this and when I see you in like ~50 years I'm gonna want to hear your best response to this, welp see ya!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Serisothikos posted:

When you get there, he'll have a song ready.

If it's not a cover of "A Candle in the Wind" I don't even...

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Goodbye Nrr and Wheez,
No I never knew you at all
You had a way to post yourselves
While other posts were frauds
They crawled out of the network
And posted poo poo and then complained
They weren't good at posting
But they made Rap change his name

And it seems to me you lived your life
Like Tomsula breakin' wind
Always knewing who laugh with
When Game Day set in
And I would have liked to have known you
But my posts were poo poo
Jim's flatulence ran out long before
Your legends ever did.

***I'd write more, but I really loving can't right now.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Someone should cover American Pie for TFF.

Now that nrr is gone, that idea can go gently caress itself.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Shut up chiche

Awwwww yeyuh, the Hawkatar is back.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

sweet thursday posted:

These deaths affected me more than is probably normal for online dudes. But then again we are a close online community and they were a big part of it. Probably more to the point, it drove home the fact that tomorrow isn't guaranteed and if I died today I'd be forgotten.

Merry Christmas everyone

Nah, if I died, I'd be forgotten. You would enter the TFF good poster pantheon.

So you've got that going for you which is... uh... nice.

I feel like theres gotta be a good poster Valhalla. Vilerat's hall. Where Wheez supplies the food, nrr pours the booze, and everyone laughs and makes dickbutt jokes until Ragnarok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Joey Freshwater posted:

Just think, if you died tomorrow the thing you'd be most well known for is your thread where you whine about the Falcons

I can't imagine a more fitting pitard to be hoisted on, than the Falcons being a disappointment.

• Locked thread