Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Does the daikatana stop hoovering XP once its fully levelled up, or is it set to permanently halt any stat growth the MC has whenever he uses it?

I read this post and jumped into DAIKATANA to test this for myself before I realized exactly how many things I would need to kill with the piece of junk before I actually reach level 5.

Superanos posted:

It will steal XP forever. So you get it up to level 5 when it's actually useful and... then you don't want to use it because it steals your levels. What a horrible weapon.

So thanks for this post! Yeah it is not thought out at all, much like pretty much every other aspect of the game.

I also just got finished making the PRO AEGIS KEY SPEEDRUN #AGDQ2K16 video and holy poo poo, there is no intended path through the aegis key. I need to have points in acro and rocket jumping ability for that puzzle to make any sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handuar
Jun 30, 2007

GET IN THE DAMN CRAZY-BUS ARTHUR!
This game gets real messy when your buddy Kikongo shows up.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Fighting has broken out among staff. SUPERFLY Sent to Sickbay

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Handuar
Jun 30, 2007

I buzzed the poo poo out of my mic at the start, wow.

DA PANET EARF
Jun 14, 2011

This is important, trust me.

Handuar
Jun 30, 2007

Cultural Phenomenon, I enjoyed it.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

DA PANET EARF posted:

This is important, trust me.

Handuar posted:

Cultural Phenomenon, I enjoyed it.

Tune in tomorrow evening for some bonus content!

Handuar
Jun 30, 2007

An experience for those of us in the late 2000's.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Oh hey stuff!

First off I've made a guest appearance in lazyfire/Broman's LP of Republic Commando: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3754178&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=3#post454022137 Come to see what a game with decent compainion AI looks like, stay to listen to a pair of fuckheads talk about bad movies.

hmm, fuckheads talking about bad movies, there's an idea!

Yep, this happened. Come and listen to me, Handuar, CQC and a few of our friends watch what I am convinced is the biggest train-wreck in the history of Chinese Cartoons. Seriously Garzey's Wing was more well thought out than this. If this goes over well then expect to see more of us documenting our terrible anime experiences in future bonus videos. Also if you really don't have 90 minutes to waste on this garbage then just skip to 1:29:30 for the best part. gently caress you handuar

And if Handuar actually gets his dinner in a timely fashion and CQC finishes seeing the star war then we'll hope to do E2DM tonight. We get the privilege of enduring two poo poo-shows in as many days!

Handuar
Jun 30, 2007

My internet feats have been greatly exaggerated.

Handuar
Jun 30, 2007

We recorded an e2dm, the game was bad, just like our commentary.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

DoctorStrangelove posted:

the biggest train-wreck in the history of Chinese Cartoons

I haven't seen many Chinese Cartoons but this was certainly the worst.

Handuar
Jun 30, 2007

We re-recorded e2dm, CQC's accent was overwhelming and all you could hear from him was clicks.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Handuar posted:

We re-recorded e2dm, CQC's accent was overwhelming and all you could hear from him was clicks.

Both E2DM videos are going up later tonight. After VGCW.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I'm truly sorry I could not make the dm. 3d girlfriends are clearly inferior to anime waifus

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Two videos for E2DM. The first one was such a clusterfuck that I felt we needed to do another session but with different server settings. Also CQC's keyboard was loud as hell and that caused hella issues. And finally the first video is blocked in Germany because Angela Merkel is a shithead.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I got that far, but I don't want a copy.

Like 5 years ago I was watching someone LP Dakitana, and they eventually got stuck before the Greek area. So I just really want to see how Daikatana ends, plus I love movie chat.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
i've also gotten that far, but i still have like three copies of daikatana from inflicting them on friends no reason, so also don't bother

wait, i don't know how that server list works, are there still people besides you running daikatana multiplayer servers in 2015?

CraigK fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Dec 23, 2015

DA PANET EARF
Jun 14, 2011

CraigK posted:

wait, i don't know how that server list works, are there still people besides you running daikatana multiplayer servers in 2015?

Yes. Nobody ever plays on them.

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

Oh god that keyboard clicking sound. It's like someone eating right into the microphone.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

DA PANET EARF posted:

Yes. Nobody ever plays on them.

We played on one for the E1DM video.

Handuar
Jun 30, 2007

Recorded a real slogfest with Strangelove the other day, my stamina is gone.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Game is terrible, Lets play is good though

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
Daikatana, I remember the last let's play I saw on this stopped because the game crashed for the lper and then his save was corrupted. He was so miserable, he stopped playing the game and just tried to move on.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Having one of my saves get corrupted was never something that really concerned me.

Next updates will go live this evening, it's a double-feature.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
There is a small part of me that wants to buy the game now to try the horribleness for myself

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Alexeythegreat posted:

There is a small part of me that wants to buy the game now to try the horribleness for myself

Who is your waifu and why?

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
A bottle of whisky, because that's what I'll be hogging after an hour of gameplay

Honorable mention goes to Mikiko for the iron will and determination that were shown in the battle against a relentless force of nature in E2M4

Also, I forgot that there was a thread contest :v:

nutri_void fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Dec 28, 2015

Handuar
Jun 30, 2007

Alexeythegreat posted:

Also, I forgot that there was a thread contest :v:

Reminder, we've got two contests going on, and the field is still wide open!

1. Make an art of Usagi Miyamoto
2. Who is your waifu, and why

DA PANET EARF
Jun 14, 2011

BONUS CONTENT: TARGET DOWN

TARGET DOWN TARGET DOWN

TARGET DOWN

TARGET DOWN

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

It's weird. I never really played pre Half-Life FPSs, I never really got invested in the shitstorm that was Daikatana, I think I only ever watched it be played once. But for some reason, the >KAFF-KOFF< stuff really stuck with me the most.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Daikatana came out 2 years after Half-Life.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
yeah and what game do we talk about more? that's right it's daikatana, more influential than half-life

more like "half-as-influential-as-daikatana"

ModeWondershot
Dec 30, 2014

Portu-geezer
Awright, I've been following this thread for a while now and mostly haven't written due to being an awkward and unfunny bastard, but I am enjoying it immensely and am glad that you are playing through this poo poo game for the surprisingly genuine amusement of myself and approximately 50-70 other people.

Also, for the sake of this contest, my waifu is the "N" key bound to noclip, because I see now that it has a limitless tolerance for bullshit, awkward angles and penetration.

Thank you and good night.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

ModeWondershot posted:

Awright, I've been following this thread for a while now and mostly haven't written due to being an awkward and unfunny bastard, but I am enjoying it immensely and am glad that you are playing through this poo poo game for the surprisingly genuine amusement of myself and approximately 50-70 other people.

Also, for the sake of this contest, my waifu is the "N" key bound to noclip, because I see now that it has a limitless tolerance for bullshit, awkward angles and penetration.

Thank you and good night.

See you, Space Cowboy.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
My favorite waifus (in no particular order):

Saki (Shinsekai Yori): Episode 17 gives enough context as to why she is my favorite female character in the anime medium.

Asuka (Neon Genesis Evangelion): One of the most complicated tsundere characters.

Yukino (Oregairu): She fits my preferences.

Megumi (Saekano): You have to watch the entire first season to understand why she is one of my favorite characters.

Miyako (ef: A Tale of Memories): She fits my preferences. Her eccentricity is also wonderful.

Rin (Ufotable's Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works): I like her character design.

Hanekawa (Monogatari Series): Her Nisemonogatari character design is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

im sorry but you can only have 1 waifu. For the sake of the contest Asuka will be your waifu (even though she's poo poo tier) as she's the only one I've ever even heard of.

• Locked thread