Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
You need some face candy
You mean cocaine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That has to be one of my favorite episodes yet. Everything was so on point.

victorious posted:

I couldn't stop laughing at Jordan trying to eat Tina's face. Also Teddy getting confused at Bob and Linda's contradictory reversing instructions, then freaking out and driving off.

That was such a great visual joke.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
it's ghost pee!

Is this going to hurt my grass?
No mom, it's non burning fire.

Ah, another one hit out of the park.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I haven't had a song stuck in my head from an animated show since American Dad's Boys 12.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
My teeth are pointy, my body's extra hairy...

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I am creeped out that the Tina pop figure has iris.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Well, you can just watch this over and over

I plan on doing that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCTXlerK8M0

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Y-Hat posted:

The World Series is happening this coming Sunday. There are no new episodes of anything, so Fox spread the pain equally.

Or this, if we're still linking Hotline Bling jokes.

This is the only one I liked. Eh, I kind of liked the Avengers one. I can't hate Drake because he bought me booze and food.

you had to keep it under 30,000 words and I couldn't cut mine down.

Also it just struck me one of the Boyz 4 now is like 35.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
God drat i'm glad we only get Gayle in small doses because she's so needy and selfish and it drives Bob insane, and combined with his concern over the turkey it's just awesomely psychotic. If we had lots of Gayle though it would just become annoying.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was enjoying Last Man on Earth until the second guy showed up and Phil became a huge loving rear end in a top hat from a lovable loser.

Netflix would be perfect for Bob, somehow I feel it and Bojack would go well together.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Hot! Ham and cheese! Hot! Ham and cheese!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Which are a lot less fun now that workers are considered people.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I like to imagine that Gairo does not actually charge for classes.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Bob's very casual relationship with Marshmallow is the best.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

counterfeitsaint posted:

At the current rate of airing, the next two seasons should finish about 2021.

What is this? The Venture Bros?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Do the dirty pidgin!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I think what helped it is at the end their friendship was strong enough to overcome their fight.

But Gene could watch TV!
Of course, he's the king of New Geneland.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Has Judy Greer and Amber Nash been on yet?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Hey Marshmallow.

I love the casual friendship between Bob and Marshmallow.

And yes to Amber Nash being the Ex Mrs Jimmy Pesto. Guy who plays Kreiger needs to be in the show too. Does Bob have any relatives his own age?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Y-Hat posted:

No new episodes of Fox Sunday shows tonight. We got some country music awards show instead.

Country Music is a boil on the anus of the world.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Y-Hat posted:

There's some good country music out there, but it's all older. The recent move towards pop country is a negative development. Fun fact: you can make a country music fan poo poo blood by saying the words "Florida-Georgia Line."

When someone says "I like country music" They are rarely talking about Hank Williams Sr and guys like that, at best you get Johnny Cash. THey're talking about Kenny Chesney, Blake Shelton and basically anyone you would hear on a modern country station. But this is not the place for this discussion.

Judy Greer can be Bob's crazy cousin.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Maxwell Lord posted:

Remember when Garth Brooks was everywhere? Remember Billy Ray Cyrus and "Achy Breaky Heart"?

That's basically when modern pop country was invented and it hasn't changed since.

Yea, when someone says they're into country, this is what they're talking about. Its songs by suburban southerners that are either love ballads orpop songs about drinking, cars and women. They just add some twang in there and you got yourself a country song. It's pretty interchangeable with regular pop. It's actually interesting because the reason for that is many producers and song writers in LA found themselves out of favor in the early 90s becuase people suddenly didn't want disposable pop songs or hair metal anymore, they wanted Nirvana and Soundgarden stuff. Those producers went to Nashville and started using the same style of songs for a new generation of country stars, becuase it was a pretty stagnant genre in the early 90s. Mutt Lang who is better known as the guy who gave us Shania Twain is the best example.

And music nerds can scream until they're blue in the face that it's not real country, but go to what record store you can find, look up country on itunes or listen to country stations, and you'll hear pop country, not these more obscure stuff. i worked in music for nearly 10 years and ugh the country part was by far the worst.

This is what happens to the thread when there is no episode, drat you Fox!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I don't know if it's everywhere, but my local comic store has a Bob's Burgers comic for Free Comic Book day.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
While I understand that a family's happiness is more important, but you can't have a burger without fries. Okay maybe you can have a salad sometimes, but that's more a home thing.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I know right? Chips are a simple and cost effective solution to his problem! But like other people (and the show itself) have pointed out Bob is a pretty stubborn guy and if he can't do it perfectly he'd rather not do it at all.

Yea, I think just serving Kettle Chips with the burgers as a temporary solution would not have worked with Bob, as he'd need to make artisan home made chips.

I just want to make sure this isn't just in my head, but Bob is a really good chef, and makes really good burgers, it's just he's kind of stubborn and self sabotaging because he wants everything to be because of him, nothing else?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Iron Crowned posted:

Is it bad that I read your post in the voice of Teddy?

I can identify with Teddy quite a bit.

You ever hear of a place called Swanky's?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Pretty much. I mean part of his lack of success is caused by bad luck, but a lot of Bob's failures in life are his own fault. He's a great chef because he's extremely proud of his work and he refuses to compromise his values, and he's a terrible business man because he's extremely proud of his work and he refuses to compromise his values. His greatest strength is also his greatest weakness.

Yep. Like with the plaque, he refused it even though it would have probably brought people in, but Bob couldn't accept that people were coming because of some morbid story from the past rather than his food. He wants to succeed or fail on his own.

JD posted:

When I grill a burger at home, I always eat them with baked beans.

On topic, this episode was super good. Bob playing along was excellent.

I've been trying to find baked beans to make. I just failed at working at a healthy fast food place (it was too face paced and I would panic and make mistakes, or I was too slow and avoided mistakes) that had excellent baked beans that it got out of the bag. I've been trying to find something akin to that but all the grocery stores near me just have raw beans.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

boom boom boom posted:

Dude, you can turn raw beans into baked beans

Yea, but those recipes take forever.

My biggest problem early on with BB is that the first handful of shows were about is the "Restaurant going to close!???" plot, which is so cliche it was actually unfun to watch. At least that was broadcast order, i'm sure production order didn't have that.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Y-Hat posted:

So once again Bob's Burgers is in the 7:30 slot and the new show getting a shot on Sunday is another piece of poo poo. Fox is bad at everything.

What's the new poo poo show? It can't be any worse than Sons of Tucon or Allen Gregory. Or Napoleon Dynamite. Hah, remember when that was a thing?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The Napoleon Dynamite cartoon actually wasn't that bad. I mean it wasn't great, but it was better than Allen Gregory. Other things better than Allen Gregory include eating rotten fruit and a swift kick in the groin.

It was really forgettable honestly. But yea Allen Gregory is something Jonah Hill will never live down. I've never seen a show so condicending and mean towards it's audience.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Wait, what? I don't remember the rape aspect of Allen Gregory, unless you're talking about the 2 gay dads thing where one was clearly not gay but forced into it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I only brought it up because it scared me so much. It was embarrassing seeing people on Twitter being all "Oh ya!, Allen Gregory doesn't take no poo poo!". He took no poo poo beacuse he couldn't understand why everyone hated him, and assumed that it was something wrong with them and not him.

It best used as a "how not to make an unlikable protagonist".

Even if Bobs Burgers never gains high ratings, it at least has enshrined Tina as an icon to awkward girls everywhere.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

EricFate posted:

I don't remember it at all. I think my Fox animation low point was "Sit Down, Shut Up". How did such a talented group of people manage to make something so painfully terrible?

I forgot about that show, but I remember at the time everyone was saying "no, give it a chance... Arrested development!".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

My favorite hellishly bad primetime animated series was Father of the Pride.

Dreamworks Face here was a lion in Siegfried & Roy's stage act, which means the show was promptly, mercifully cancelled after "the incident."

On a Simpsons commentary, one of the writers talks about meeting S&R and they said "We want to make a show, like the Simpsons, but softer". What?

• Locked thread