Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

duckfarts posted:

they're super worth it, The End

do they make just japanese toilet seats?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

yard salad posted:

do they make just japanese toilet seats?

with the little fountain of water that goes up your butt

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

It's impossible not to buy a smart TV now, unfortunately

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

:vince:

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

Visual GNUdio posted:

I have a Vizio smart TV with slow crappy apps and my solution is to not use the smart parts or the apps or the network connection. Everything comes in on HDMI1 and the rest of the environment is controlled by treating the TV as a dumb device with no requirements other than discrete IR on/off codes. Everything works fine, I didn't have to pay extra for the "smart" part and I don't have to buy some weirdo commercial display option for twice the price just to get rid of the apps. Don't want them? Don't use them. Problem solved.

I think some of this is because Vizio has fairly tolerable smart tv's that let you do this. Mine won't even boot the smart software until you try to use it. I've used some others that worse, especially Samsung, that try to keep you in a cocoon of menus as much as possible

• Locked thread