Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

MaskedHuzzah posted:

Nasir should also be a recognizable name - he was the lead programmer for FF1-3 as well as Secret of Mana.

Having played this game at an early enough age to be impressed by the bridge cutscene, the mysterious and somewhat ominous PROGRAMMED BY N A S I R will forever be burned into my brain. Gonna pull a Citizen Kane on my deathbed and croak out "NASIR" as my last word.

"NOBS" should also be pretty recognizable as Nobuo Uematsu, aka the most famous Japanese videogame music composer of all time, aka the only Japanese videogame composer with any name recognition at all outside of the most hardcore console fanboys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Dr Pepper posted:

Other then teams with little offensive power (Four White Mages, Four Thieves pre Ninja) I can't really think of many that would have this problem.

Below level 20 it's pretty much Fighters or bust. Secondary attackers barely scratch bosses and at level 20 black mages can't do much against most of the endgame bosses.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Wounded Land posted:

My favorite part of the NP guide was when I got the AD&D 2nd Edition Player's Handbook years later and was like "oh, now I get what they were going for with the art."
And the biggest regional difference in this game is that one particular enemy got redrawn so Square wouldn't get sued by TSR.

"Why do golems cast FAST and SLOW spells? How come Kary resists ice?"

*opens D&D monstrous manual*

:aaa:

• Locked thread