Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirTagz
Feb 25, 2014

Holy poo poo I am so excited for this thing I just discovered.
That means you must like it too!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/skarp/the-skarp-laser-razor-21st-century-shaving

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
Signing up for the future class-action lawsuit.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
hehe nope

d3c0y2
Sep 29, 2009
Why do 3 dudes rocking beards care so much about shaving.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

poo poo farter

SirTagz
Feb 25, 2014

Parallax Scroll posted:

poo poo farter

And you even illustrated that comment with an image. Thanks, man!

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
the video is pretty cliche funny:

smoke, mirrors, lasers

fiddling with knobs

presenting science graphs

3D printing

protoypes

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
the people who would get excited about this are probably the same people who are too awkward ugly and gross to bother shaving

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
So it's a toy for baby faced losers to play pretend shave.

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax
Sounds pretty awesome if it will actually work. Shaving sucks, that's why I have a huge greasy unkempt beard filled with potato chips.

Yaldabaoth posted:

the people who would get excited about this are probably the same people who are too awkward ugly and gross to bother shaving

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

d3c0y2 posted:

Why do 3 dudes rocking beards care so much about shaving.

the guy who invented it has a really bad 5 o'clock shadow as well

Khorne
May 1, 2002
If they have a prototype how come they didn't show it in use in the video?

I'd legit have backed if they did, but there's no way I am backing with the for-show equations on the whiteboard and the clown show they put on.

I shave everyday.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Khorne posted:

If they have a prototype how come they didn't show it in use in the video?

I'd legit have backed if they did, but there's no way I am backing with the for-show equations on the whiteboard and the clown show they put on.

I shave everyday.

You mean the lazer pointers they shot through their rented smoke machine didn't convince you of their technical prowess?

Smoking_Dragon
Dec 12, 2001

WOE UNTO THEE
Pillbug
This guy's face doesn't inspire much confidence!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Hobohemian posted:

You mean the lazer pointers they shot through their rented smoke machine didn't convince you of their technical prowess?
Sick oscilloscope shots, turning some knobs.

Some degree of this kind of junk is to be expected in a promotional video, but they had no actual substance in any part of that kickstarter. Just the one image of how they'd like it to work which conveniently was a computer render.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
he looks like an alien

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

I've been shaving for more than 30 years and it occurred to me the other day while I was shaving just how unutterably bored I was with the whole process.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Smoking_Dragon posted:

he moves me

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Smoking_Dragon posted:

if that's not a gonna-get-lasered-in-the-eye look then i don't know what is

king salmon
Oct 30, 2011

by Cowcaster
you can just take estrogen pills and never have to shave again hth

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

king salmon posted:

you can just take estrogen pills and never have to shave again hth

one secret the scientists dont want your mom to know

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
$1,180,000 and rising fast.

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
When one burns one's bridges, what a wonderful fire it makes

Smoking_Dragon posted:

Looks like a shady pawn shop owner

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

You guys are just jealous you're not cleaver enough to scam a bunch of nerds out of their money like these guys are.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
If they were really all that smart, they'd make a kickstarter about nonexistant computer space ships.

SopWATh
Jun 1, 2000
The problem with a laser is that it doesn't pull the hair up from the skin before cutting it so you'll never get as close a shave as an actual piece of sharp metal.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

i'm such a manchild the act of shaving a direct result of my male hormones leaves my skin all irritated and itchy, even when i use the fanciest lotions and exfoliants

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
I'll buy it when they come out with a version with 5 lazers.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

Business Gorillas posted:

i'm such a manchild the act of shaving a direct result of my male hormones leaves my skin all irritated and itchy, even when i use the fanciest lotions and exfoliants

:O

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
...with fricken laser beams, people!

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Business Gorillas posted:

This is what I don't get. When did shaving become so difficult for all of these so called adults?

Weener Beater
May 4, 2010
cant wait to laser my bung hole

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
The scent of burning hair is all the aftershave I need.

Eau de Dachau

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Weener Beater posted:

cant wait to laser my bung hole

I might shave my balls with a safety lazer, good point.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

clicked to watch a guy shave with gogles on and he doesnt even use it, what a fag

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Just set your google goggles profile to no beard then everyone's AR displays will edit it out when viewing you.

Motorola 68000
Apr 25, 2014

"Don't be nice. Be good."
Hey look at that I'm blind.

Vitalis Jackson
May 14, 2009

Sun and water are healthy for you -- but not for your hair!
Fun Shoe
As a hairy male, I've often wondered about the plausibility of waxing my beard. Would that work?

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH
Having worked for several years in the laser hair removal industry, I call BS. There's no way they could fit the amount of power required into the handle of a razor. Also, for it to be hot enough to shave clean, you would need a cooling mechanism such as an external chiller or integrated system. Even laser hair removal doesn't shave you clean and, the more hair you have, the more it hurts.

This is clearly a pipe dream.

Never trust a bald barber, never trust a bearded man selling razors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

mostlygray posted:

Having worked for several years in the laser hair removal industry, I call BS. There's no way they could fit the amount of power required into the handle of a razor. Also, for it to be hot enough to shave clean, you would need a cooling mechanism such as an external chiller or integrated system. Even laser hair removal doesn't shave you clean and, the more hair you have, the more it hurts.

This is clearly a pipe dream.

Never trust a bald barber, never trust a bearded man selling razors.

not convinced, sending them money now

• Locked thread