Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Dusty Lens posted:

I haven't gotten my own response yet.

That's from a friend.

He has a Cutlass Blue and a Hornet F7C. He bought, with cash, the Hornet (upgraded from a M50 at a $50 difference) and some pledge or another that he sent to me, I turned into an LTI Cutlass and sent back, to which he later purchased and applied a Blue upgrade.

$50.

Edit again: Apparently you get a 'second prompt' asking if you want to go through with it. So he wasn't committed at that point.

This isn't right, if the melt value of items on your friends account is less than the amount your friend spent on the account, then anything up to the melt value should be refundable (physical items delivered/order, subscription excluded). Leaving aside the issue of subscriptions for the moment.

Your friend needs to push this as that's real shady. As an example if they are trying to say spending $200, gifting $100 then receiving $100 means there is only $100 refundable on the account. That's not correct, there's $200 on the account and all is refundable. This would catch out anyone who had a packaged laundered in the LTI work around process that CIG created and encouraged for a LTI promise they later abandoned anyway.

If the melt value on the account is over what was paid on the account, then sure they only have to refund up to whatever was paid.

AP fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Oct 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

imperialparadox posted:

So is this better or worse than the guys who say "I bought a $500 spaceship but hid it from my wife?"

Knowing the SC people: He prolly hides that from his wife. Then posts a thread about how his wife caught him beating it to someone banging a horse and she's totally an intolerant bitch seriously gently caress that broad.

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.
Got my $225 refund on spaceships. Up $300 now :v:
Refunds were easy, at least there were 2weeks ago.

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

Bootcha posted:

There are a few other people who have spent just a little bit more than Wulf on fake spaceships. Who are less visible but equally crazy.

Oh deffo there's a few people I've seen in the $20k+ range.

There was that one guy who donated like $25k on reddit for example who was basically saying "Your say in how this game goes should depend on how much money you "donated"."

And he kept calling them donations.

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Wait what? Poors play Shmuck Shittyhead now? :stonklol:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
The amount of schadenfreude and smug elitism in this thread has gone far past faintly amusing, and now is positively revolting. I wish you morons would lay off the shitposting and turn to, I don't know, whatever (if anything) you have in your life outside of SC.

For the last time: CR has stated repeatedly that Star Citizen will be released in November of 2014. Do you really think it is unreasonal to wait until then before you spout your ridiculous rumors? This is a perfectly standard development time for a game of this scope, and none of your hyperbole will change that, or the community's faith in the developers.

We are a #starfamily. We will swarm your forums in the holiday season of 2014, and ascertain that none of you heretics and apostates be able to partake of our serene bliss.

So cry, goons, and feel sorry. But not for us. Feel sorry for yourselves, and for your selfish denial that in the end will cost you much, much more than any satisfaction you feel right now. You will regret you slighted us.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Shala posted:

There was that one guy who donated like $25k on reddit for example who was basically saying "Your say in how this game goes should depend on how much money you "donated"."

It probably should. But 25k is just a drop in the ocean, so your say is a little diluted.

edit: hotas. HOT-rear end.

Pity Party Animal
Jul 23, 2006

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

The amount of schadenfreude and smug elitism in this thread has gone far past faintly amusing, and now is positively revolting. I wish you morons would lay off the shitposting and turn to, I don't know, whatever (if anything) you have in your life outside of SC.

For the last time: CR has stated repeatedly that Star Citizen will be released in November of 2014. Do you really think it is unreasonal to wait until then before you spout your ridiculous rumors? This is a perfectly standard development time for a game of this scope, and none of your hyperbole will change that, or the community's faith in the developers.

We are a #starfamily. We will swarm your forums in the holiday season of 2014, and ascertain that none of you heretics and apostates be able to partake of our serene bliss.

So cry, goons, and feel sorry. But not for us. Feel sorry for yourselves, and for your selfish denial that in the end will cost you much, much more than any satisfaction you feel right now. You will regret you slighted us.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Bootcha posted:

There are a few other people who have spent just a little bit more than Wulf on fake spaceships. Who are less visible but equally crazy.

And then there's me high above them, with the other VCs. I, who makes therapeutic poo poo videos to deal with stupidity that surrounds this project. And can't yet tell if this project will actually make money or not.

I can't tell if I'm crazier. :smith:

EDIT: Looking at Elijah's semi-Sansha ship. That man was an angry man but holy gently caress was he a fast and furious artist.

He's the most public whale, there was another disabled guy who spent more but he's not in the press and also doesn't seem to be gross along with crazy like dickwulf.

Sadly for you the answer is probably "or not". Even if all the current stuff going on is not true, with the amount they have produced at this point and the most minimal burn rate you can figure based on their size there is no way they can deliver what was promised.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Agreed

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Source your quotes.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

please for the love of gently caress source this

thank you

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Is incest mandatory in this #starfamily?

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

DancingShade posted:

Is incest mandatory in this #starfamily?

It's not incest, it's a donation to your starfather's happiness. Now drop those spacepants and prepare for docking.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Eonwe posted:

please for the love of gently caress source this

thank you

Sorry to disappoint, but that was all me. I thought it was obvious, but on reflection, I guess it really wasn't. :smith:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sorry to disappoint, but that was all me. I thought it was obvious, but on reflection, I guess it really wasn't. :smith:

was it at least ironic

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

I for one am with you all the way

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Shala posted:

And he kept calling them donations.
Well, if no game comes of this, that's basically what they are.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

peter gabriel posted:

In any good marriage there is give and take on creating a cockpit scenario for fake pretend games out of shabby chic barn furniture, that's just a given imo
:vince:

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Goredema posted:

It's not incest, it's a donation to your starfather's happiness. Now drop those spacepants and prepare for docking.
I'm picturing the opening ceremony of CitizenCon in which CR descends onto the stage declares himself the starfather and all of you his starchildren.

I suddenly feel the need to buy some Kool-Aid.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I got it, I bit the poo poo out of the hook until "2014" and then I lol'd irl

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Eonwe posted:

was it at least ironic

How dare you question my unquestioning obedience to our LORD and SAVIOR

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ok phew

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Well see now I don't know what to think

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
I love Chris Roberts.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

AP posted:

This isn't right, if the melt value of items on your friends account is less than the amount your friend spent on the account, then anything up to the melt value should be refundable (physical items delivered/order, subscription excluded). Leaving aside the issue of subscriptions for the moment.

Your friend needs to push this as that's real shady. As an example if they are trying to say spending $200, gifting $100 then receiving $100 means there is only $100 refundable on the account. That's not correct, there's $200 on the account and all is refundable. This would catch out anyone who had a packaged laundered in the LTI work around process that CIG created and encouraged for a LTI promise they later abandoned anyway.

If the melt value on the account is over what was paid on the account, then sure they only have to refund up to whatever was paid.

I imagine that CIG has two responses ready.

1) We're doing this to prevent people from cashing out on ships that were collectively purchased. Which is stupid.
2) We might not need to offer refunds anyways. We're not sure. Probably not. But we're really just doing this to avoid saying that we're refusing refunds and trying to gather a damages case.

This is super shady. I know that my own response is going to be a laugh as I put in a lot of time during the LTI turnaround phase and I rather doubt that I have anything on my account that was an original transaction.

My buddy is just going to try to reclaim as close to a 1:1 as he can on the secondary market. When my own response comes up I'm going to press them to further explain their policy, when it came into effect and where I can read up on it and the basis for CIG's reasoning behind pledge dollars vanishing when gifted.

If they give me a response, which I rather doubt they will, I'll be sure to post it along.

Being said I imagine this is the same process anyone else who is currently waiting on refunds will soon be going through.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Prepare your butts.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/5689405/#Comment_5689405

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Are you talking about Derek Smart.

Because he's like ... Jesus if you think about it. The forums crucified him on the cross of Desktop Commander, only for him to come back and rule ... like what happened to the Romans. Either way I don't think now is the time to make lovely posts OP

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

I have a buttkicker and it's awesome, it's awesome because they take no work to implement into games

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

What the gently caress a butt kicker? I now officially proclaim the world at peak stupid.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

I want to pledge using a shakeweight.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

What the gently caress a butt kicker? I now officially proclaim the world at peak stupid.
It's a low frequency rear end whisperer.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Dusty Lens posted:

I imagine that CIG has two responses ready.

1) We're doing this to prevent people from cashing out on ships that were collectively purchased. Which is stupid.
2) We might not need to offer refunds anyways. We're not sure. Probably not. But we're really just doing this to avoid saying that we're refusing refunds and trying to gather a damages case.

This is super shady. I know that my own response is going to be a laugh as I put in a lot of time during the LTI turnaround phase and I rather doubt that I have anything on my account that was an original transaction.

My buddy is just going to try to reclaim as close to a 1:1 as he can on the secondary market. When my own response comes up I'm going to press them to further explain their policy, when it came into effect and where I can read up on it and the basis for CIG's reasoning behind pledge dollars vanishing when gifted.

If they give me a response, which I rather doubt they will, I'll be sure to post it along.

Being said I imagine this is the same process anyone else who is currently waiting on refunds will soon be going through.

It wouldn't stand up in the EU as it's all just store credit on the account, they even sell gift cards which work exactly the same way as melting does. Your friend should push it though as if they really are going to try sticking to that it should be made public so people can laugh at them more.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Someone on Reddit offered me $325 for my pixels in my post. Someone else offered $350 in PMs. Then a guy with 15 trades on record offered me $400 in PMs and then in my post saying it should "drive up the sale price" for me in the next 24 hours.

I don't think these people understand how buying and selling works.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Luigi Thirty posted:

Someone on Reddit offered me $325 for my pixels in my post. Someone else offered $350 in PMs. Then a guy with 15 trades on record offered me $400 in PMs and then in my post saying it should "drive up the sale price" for me in the next 24 hours.

I don't think these people understand how buying and selling works.

Godspeed to you, you are living the dream.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

They are cool, stupid on paper but great in practice, they don't do rumble effects or anything they just make my rear end tingle with delight

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

AP posted:

It wouldn't stand up in the EU as it's all just store credit on the account, they even sell gift cards which work exactly the same way as melting does. Your friend should push it though as if they really are going to try sticking to that it should be made public so people can laugh at them more.

I'm not sure how it stands up in California either as there are substantial laws regarding gift cards and other forms of unredeemed credit.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Buttkickers, meet your match.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
they dont need a lfe pass to get buttkickers working. Anything under like 200hz will get them going. I honestly think devices like that should only work under like 60hz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Wafflz posted:

Sadly for you the answer is probably "or not". Even if all the current stuff going on is not true, with the amount they have produced at this point and the most minimal burn rate you can figure based on their size there is no way they can deliver what was promised.

It's not so much deliver what was promised, that's not an issue for me. The question is will SQ42 get out the door before its strangled to death by micromanagement, has enough substantial content to warrant new purchases, and doesn't get completely panned by critics out of spite or for actual shortcomings. Because every new sale of SQ42 after taxes is pure company profit, not "additional capital" like from pledges, and I'm entitled to a slice of that profit.

• Locked thread