Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Breetai posted:

Can someone who backed this game and bought a $200+ ship and has later reneged please explain, with the understanding that I'm not asking this to be judgmental but rather to get insight into a thought process, why you would spend more than $60 on a video game?

To troll newbies and poors with my permanent awesome ship obviously.
(I sold everything)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Klyith posted:

When the real employees were posting after the escapist article about how they loved working at CIG, more than one had the story that they started as a backer and then got their dream job. There are more people than just Lesnick that are true believers in The Dream over there.

So the poo poo paid employees spend their salary on dream spaceships.

Never not go full ponzi.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Erenthal posted:

Why the hell would you have a big name actor mocap the goddamn player character?

Why the hell would you have a 20 grand cofee machine ?

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Chalks posted:

If they have only 8 million in the bank and 350 employees I doubt they could stretch that out for more than 4-5 months. That's only $22k per employee and I doubt they're being paid minimum wage - gently caress knows what other costs they'd have on top of that.

It seems unlikely that they're down to 8 million but if they are the wheels are gonna come off this thing way before the end of 2016.

Hence the referal program, new super heavy fighter and unlimited ammount of Idris corvete (now bumped to frigate).

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
Shitizens seems to be under the impression that croberts and his wife were already millionaire hollywood producers and basicaly did star citizen as a hobbie.

I am under the impression that they were hollywood failure blacklisted from everything.

Who's right ?

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Dapper Dan posted:

You are. He broke a contract with Kevin Costner, was sued into oblivion, blacklisted by SAG and forced to sell off his production company because there was no possible way he could work in Hollywood anymore (also to probably pay for the money he lost).

He failed in Hollywood, is bitter and used MMO money to make a 10 hour movie.

Now they're telling me I'm the loser who never acomplished anything and that they put me on their poo poo list so I never get to enter their space corporation and come visit their Idris frigate.
Citizenship must be earned I guess.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
Whatever people says, if she is really the head of marketing and not just a figurehead, she is pretty drat good at selling spaceship jpeg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Not everyone tho.
What is wrong with these people ?

• Locked thread