Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Any inhumans we see will most likely be A) 3rd tier background Inhumans from the comics B) New inhumans from the comics or C) made up whole cloth (but have powers similar to mutant powers).

Klungar posted:

The question is, will Ward shoot him, or will they just talk?

They'll have sex.

I mean Lockjaw just gives it away for free http://i.imgur.com/rN5R1b9.jpg

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Sep 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
In a perfect world, Gemma would run into the Guardians and they'd take her home. I loved how much they did to say "This show happens in the MCU" because of the direct references to AoU and Ant-Man, and still having President Ellis.

Man, just everything was on point, and was great and making you want more, so I cannot wait to see the rest of the season. I figure Mid season Gemma will be back and that will dovetail into the second halfs plot, which Lash will either be defeated or taken a back seat to something else. Something more blue, with headcrests.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'd advise watching Yes Man because it has Jamie Alexander as Sif from Thor in it. It's the most direct connection to the films.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

PunkBoy posted:

Brett Dalton and Joe Quesada are working on Hydra's image problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1yJCg65rYw

I really want to believe that's exactly what Brett Dalton's home office looks like.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I like to imagine that Not-Amora chose Ward because she knew he was evil.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Loved how they walked in on a 1930s Universal horror movie set to open the Monolith.

Really glad Simmons was rescued, it would have been heartbreaking to have them so close but so far away.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Mr Beens posted:

Most shows would have dragged out her rescue over half the season. 3 episodes to work out how to use the portal, have Fitz nearly get her but get yanked back then 6 episodes of them trying to find another way to get to her.

If they had made it a mystery, and given Simmons her own storyline where she's running around being chased by monsters only to meet some Kree warriors to rescue her that would have been fine. Not stretching it out works well. They really have good pacing in the show now. There's very little "when are they going to get to the fireworks factory" type writing.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm actually Morph.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The Kree seem to be the kind of people who'd have portal technology. It's very likely that's all it was, but its usage may have been to exile experiments that went out of control to someplace safe, but they could see monitor them. The planet could be somewhere in Kree space, and I wouldn't be surprised if she has some stories about finding ruins of a base or skeletons or something there.

Hopefully that will happen next week and there's won't be all CW Inhuman drama like another post said.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It's probably a portal that has a fixed location at one end. Simmons being smart would have stayed near where she came in and thats how she saw the flare and was able to find fitz. I mean #1 rule of being lost, stay where you are.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Doctor Butts posted:

Sandstorms are a bitch.

Serves her right for buying all her clothes at American Outfitters.

howe_sam posted:

The time slot after AoS is currently being filled by reruns of Quantico. ABC should just go whole hog and make a Marvel night. Damage Control and *something* at 8, AoS at 9 and then Bobbi/Hunter hijinks at 10.

Damage Control, Feelin' Squirrely starring Doreen Green and Tippy Toe, then AoS and Most wanted.

I imagined the Squirrel Girl show as a 3 camera sitcom, but with super heroes.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Dexo posted:

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt with Super Heroes.

UNBEATABLE! She's a squirrel dammit! Cause female's a strong as hell!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Simmons could have been in say a cave that had water and something to each like bugs or what not, and they say she saw the flare so she probably moved towards where the flare was from where ever she was.

Hell maybe she found a crashed ship that had emergency rations on it or an abandoned outpost.

I was thinking that they'll do the whole "Looks like Ward is dead, no one could have survived that explosion" and then have some mystery villain show up later that turns out to be Ward. Hell, if I was a writer I'd suggest that happens to Ward, and they find his hand and assume he's been killed and that's all that's left. Then later on the Grim Reaper shows up and they fight him a couple times, and then he gets Quaked or something and the mast comes off and oh poo poo its Ward! He's replaced his hand with a cool scythe and is even crazier!

I mean, I doubt the MCU will ever do the Williams brothers, so a cool villain like Grim Reaper could be anyone, and his effects would be cheap for TV.

And who cares if he's part of the Masters of Evil not Hydra, no one cares, plus Masters of Evil sounds like a group AoS would be dealing with.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Ireallylikeeggs posted:

Simmons was stabbed.

Ward shot Simmons.

Timett posted:

Ward doesn't even need to be in every season for me. I just need the potential for that wildcard to come into play for him to be effective.

Yea, have him vanish for a season and then at the end of the finale, have Ward somewhere going "time for me to shine baby!". Its a comic book show, you can have people appear to die and have them come back and no will question it. But if he's a constant villain and he always slips away only to come back next episode, then its silly.

David D. Davidson posted:

If I had to make a guess the Strucker kid will probably kill ward and take over HYDRA. Somehting about how the last episode played out made me think that was possible.

I'm afraid he's gonna do something to Blair Underwood. Though it would be cool if he is given a safe that belonged to his father that's been handed down since ww2 among the Strucker's and inside is the Satan's Claw.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
We can't have punk rock Storm, but we get punk rock May, fair enough. Hunter being fully chav like he's in a Danny Boyle movie is great. Daisy nor Mac is going to forget what Coulson did either, even if he did it with the right intentions.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The MSJ posted:

Other Marvel TV show news:
Marvel working with Fox to make two X-Men TV shows. The first is a 1960s-set Fox show about an agent investigating the Hellfire Club, and the other is an FX show about Legion who is Xavier's son in the comics.

http://marvel.com/news/tv/25282/fox_in_development_on_hellfire_working_title
http://marvel.com/news/tv/25281/fx_networks_orders_pilot_for_legion

Hellfire club has potential, but who the hell cares enough about Legion to watch a show about him?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

zoux posted:

What are common signifiers of recovering alcoholics in your country? You're right though, the AA meeting is common as gently caress in US media.

And it always ignores that a big part of the 12 steps is very heavily religious.

Gonz posted:

Powers Boothe is now a cast member. Eeeeeeeeeeee!

I cannot wait to see him, I hope he's a villain because he can chew scenery like no one.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Ah I forgot about him in Avengers. Fantastic.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

greatn posted:

Adam Warlock shows up like in two or three episodes past the one you're on.

drat they got George Hamilton on the show?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
They are not doing a single filler episode this season?

Man, they better not have killed Andrew, but that misdirect is pretty clearly to make us think that's the case but I doubt it. For one thing, the gas can and lighter looked like they'd been dropped rather than placed. Hydra are the kind of guys to leave a man wounded then set them alight while they were still alive. And as other's have said, Strucker Jr looked really freaked out running out.

I can buy that Andrew is another Inhuman, not Lash, but has some power.

Maybe he's Karnak! That would be great powerset for a psychologist! Hrm, maybe he has someone who works with him named Karla Soften.

And Hunter made the right call. Even if Andrew was dead, killing Ward would be the better choice in the long run. Its too bad they didn't manage it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

They've probably been reading the forums and know how much the Internet hates filler and not being instantly gratified now. As they should.

Karnak will be in the Inhumans movie; he almost definitely will not be on this show till after that, if at all.

Karla, on the other hand... is a very good idea. She and Ward would probably get along great.

Yea that was just idle speculation, and I think Moonstone would be the Villain of the Captain Marvel movie. Her other big ones are the Brood and Deathbird, both which would be tied up with X-men rights. I guess you can have Yon-Rogg but eh.

BlueBayou posted:

I'm really digging Mack and Daisy together.

"I can't see a drat thing"
*pause*
"....Well do you want me to take point?
*pause*
"I'm going, I'm going"

I loved how Daisy said "you want me to take point?" as it was like saying "aw muffin".

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

sticklefifer posted:

My #1 favorite thing about the Inhumans is the sheer boldfaced laziness of Black Bolt's real name.

Kirby!!! :doom:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Before Secret Wars, there were two factions of X-men, Team Cyclops which had mostly mutants who were part of the Phoenix Five and Magneto. They were eventually joined by a number of new mutants, Kitty Pryde and time displaced original X-men. Then there was everyone else who would be Team Logan, or I guess after he died Team Storm?

Anyways, Cyclops group generally is more active, finding new mutants and fighting against those who look to do mutants ill, like rogue elements of SHIELD. The other guys are more insular, more focused on running the Jean Grey School and training the young mutants.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
As was said, X-men books are among the best sellers for Marvel, and X-men characters remain popular, plus you have an entire generation of artists and writers who grew up reading X-men and want to write their own stories in it. They are not throwing them away, there are still many X-books, and Mutants are still prominent in many books. Hell, DEADPOOL is still massively popular and in lots of things and he's got a movie from Fox coming out, and Marvel still puts out tons of Deapool merch all the time.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
If that ever happen, I doubt it will though, you'd probably get some X-men characters in other films. Like Wolverine showing up in Cap and Steve being "You remind me of this Canadian that was on a few of the missions I was on" and Logan being "And you're like some Farmboy that lead some missions together" and then they drink beer together.

Though that would mean we'd get a decent movie Rogue for once.

BTW, in case no one saw, Kurtwood Smith is in the next season of Agent Carter.
http://comicbook.com/2015/10/22/agent-carter-season-2-casts-kurtwood-smith-in-major-recurring-ro/

Dumbass Stark.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Oct 23, 2015

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
They could always have Mutants start appearing in the films at any time. Very easy to just have the core X-men, whether that being the 60s team, the 80s team, 90s or later is debatable. I mean, they'd probably do something along the lines of Scott, Jean, Wolverine, Storm with room for Colossus, Rogue, Kitty, Beast or anyone else that functions as part of the core team that people actually want to see, and then have them pop up after being trained by Professer X in secret for years.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Would you rather actual armies vs the Avengers?

That's an honest question rather than a snarky one. Though I would like to see the Avengers face off against a handful of super powerful beings that require them to work together to defeat each one.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Needs Wrecking Crew.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Kara, you're in the wrong universe

http://i.imgur.com/4EyEtte.jpg

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The MSJ posted:

She just heard about someone looking for a "Danvers" and got confused.

#notmyDanvers.

Kheldarn posted:

Well, she was in the 2nd Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. DubSmash...

If I was to guess either they shoot near each other, or the two actresses are friends.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
There's a video on the official Marvel youtube account that suggests tomorrow's episode will feature Simmons time on the alien world.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
She killed Yon-Rogg's cat.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I could not believe they gave us an entire Adventures of Simmons episode. That was a fantastic surprise!

And yea, there's a lot of weird stuff like Will, his age, the story about what happened to his crew, all that. Maybe he's a Skrull or a Kree, but maybe he's lying about what happened. The planet could be Ego, or the mystery thing could be a Dire Wraith or the Phantom Specter (or are they Space Phantoms? I can't remember).

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the Thing is actually trying to help/get help, but because of its alien nature its misunderstood.

Also, i'm sure Jemma is going to stay with Fitz over Will. that was a situational romance, but now she has Fitz again, its Fitzsimmons 4 ever.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Eh, the show's been pretty good for that kind of stuff. If there is a triangle, it will be Will that's the obtuse angle.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Blazing Ownager posted:

Are you loving serious?

The internet gives you cookies when you don't like something everyone else does.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
No one mentioned "You're dinner Bitch!"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Mokinokaro posted:

Third brother confirmed

Possibly a Ward Brother

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I actually can see a lot of Simmons behavior coming from guilt about leaving Will behind and also the guilt of being with Will back on the planet. She wants to go back and save him but doesn't want to hurt Fitz by telling him "oh yea there was this totally cut hunky guy on the planet that i had 'we're gonna die' sex with a lot".

Though it was pretty obvious that Simmons still has Fitz foremost in her mind. The instant she saw the flare she went "It's Fitz!" without hesitation. I really doubt we're gonna get some long drawn out CW style love triangle between Will Slabchest, Fitz and Simmons. No doubt rescuing him will probably let whatever the being was on the planet onto Earth and they'll have to deal with it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
She probably switched off roaming and wifi too, which saves the batteries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I always think the universe has to poo poo on O'Brien is over stated, and of course, is a stupid entry from TVtropes.

Bad stuff happens to everyone on DS9 pretty regularly.

• Locked thread