Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Srice
Sep 11, 2011

If there was a different ending with just one season in mind, it was probably so early in production as to be meaningless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Srice posted:

If there was a different ending with just one season in mind, it was probably so early in production as to be meaningless.

I dunno, it really feels more like someone just ducked their head in the writer's room at the last minute and said "oh hey, you guys got a second season".

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Srice posted:

Probably.

I read somewhere in an interview with Mari Okada that after writing the second to last episode, she talked with the director and he wanted something of a happy ending to season one. Which lead to a response along the lines of "Umm... I'll be right back." Which explains a lot.

Mind, translated interviews on the internet are somewhat unreliable, but...

Ah, here we go. Seems I was right about the general tone thing, but wrong about the point where it kicked in.

I think it's more-or-less accurate, but I've been wrong before. If it's the real thing, there's definitely some interesting bits.

chiasaur11 fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Sep 28, 2016

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I thought there were other big changes though at some point. I seem to recall reading somewhere that Tekkadan actually was supposed to be betrayed by the Turbines in some version of the story.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Website's been updated, and guess what the new Earth branch of Tekkadan are flying?

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Ahaha, that's kinda hosed.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

For the briefest moment before the text loaded I hoped you meant that Tekkadan had mass produced the Ryusei Go

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

For the briefest moment before the text loaded I hoped you meant that Tekkadan had mass produced the Ryusei Go

Funny you should say that, though, because there is a Ryusei-Go Custom version of the Shiden, and Norba's apparently had Yamagi do the decorating again. :3:

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
The faded green of the chest piece and sword really sticks out like a sore thumb and doesn't suit the salmon pink and grey of the rest of the suit. I like the Man Rodi derivative though. Nice chunky design.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

Funny you should say that, though, because there is a Ryusei-Go Custom version of the Shiden, and Norba's apparently had Yamagi do the decorating again. :3:
I look forward to Shino beating opponents with a giant metal cricket bat.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

That is why I thought it!

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

tsob posted:

The faded green of the chest piece and sword really sticks out like a sore thumb and doesn't suit the salmon pink and grey of the rest of the suit. I like the Man Rodi derivative though. Nice chunky design.

It fits in much better with the darker red on the regular Shiden, so I'm OK with the suit of the guy who's famous for his garish, tacky fashion-sense looking kind of ugly.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
IBO season 2 premiered last night at Anime Weekend Atlanta but I was too cheap to go. Any word on the episode yet?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
There were gundams. And flag raising.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Raise your flags.

Iron Blooded Orphans s2e1 now up on daisuki.

http://www.daisuki.net/us/en/anime/watch.MOBILESUITGUNDAMIRONBLOODEDORPHANS.14360.html

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I'm working on a new OP for the s02 thread, since the OP for this thread is old and not very good.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Lemon-Lime posted:

I'm working on a new OP for the s02 thread, since the OP for this thread is old and not very good.

Excellent.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

a kitten posted:

Excellent.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
That poor butterfly.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The last post of this thread should just be hey....hey....hey....

ORPHAAAAAAANS! NAMIDA

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Tae posted:

That poor butterfly.

I got some chills during the last segment. IBO is back!

Caros
May 14, 2008

a kitten posted:

I got some chills during the last segment. IBO is back!

The smugness from Tekkadan was pretty fun at the end. None of them said it or anything, but the second Mikazuki rolled up they' might as well have just sait "Oh, Mika is here? Take the rest of the day guys."

Also its nice to see they are keeping with the :owned: deaths. Talkative badguy is introduced and then killed the gently caress off by a second string Tekkadan pilot stomping on his cockpit. Jesus

Caros fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Oct 2, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
In the meantime, here's a webm of Atra's expository narration from the start of the episode:

https://a.pomf.cat/hhfxir.webm

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Good start. Cookie and cracker tho:smith:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Nevermind, I got it fixed.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Today's lesson: do not gently caress with a company that has a nuclear option response on speed-dial, no matter how angry you are at the company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Raxivace posted:

The last post of this thread should just be hey....hey....hey....

ORPHAAAAAAANS! NAMIDA

• Locked thread