Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Seems like Daisuki is having some stability issues, but the episode is a good start to the show. We've got some character relationships right out the gate, some interesting implications in the world and its background, and the Mobile Workers are all freaking adorable. Between the workers, the setting on Mars, and the aesthetic of the suits so far, I kinda have to agree with the comparisons to Armored Core. I'm interested to see where things go, and that's about the best you can hope for with a first episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Yeah, you aren't going to be watching it on youtube without a VPN running.

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Villain or corpse. Taking all bets!

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

I would unironically be down for show with a season 1 colonial rebellion plot into a season 2 post colonial political quagmire civil war.

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Given how the station commander was talking about making Kudelia into a martyr, they were probably doing the whole colonial government demonstrates overwhelming power to generate fear of further reprisals thing.

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Well, still completely stoked for this after episode two. Dialogue and visuals still remain heavily in the show side of showing vs. telling, and the few exposition dumps didn't feel like they harmed the pacing too much. It's also good to see that the overall level of intelligence in the script hasn't dropped yet, with Coral's motives being fairly sensible from his position (if manipulative as all gently caress). Definitely curious to see where the rest of this is going next week.

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

It's looking like the suits probably can't punch ship armor at this point in the show. Given the large caliber cannons on the other ships in the fight didn't seem to do any lasting damage at this point, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that ship to ship combat is a drawn out slugfest and suits can probably only try to hit vital locations. Between the slingshot maneuver and the flash bomb the Gjallarhorn vessel probably wasn't going to bring the necessary amount firepower around quickly enough to matter.

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Have to disagree. If Orga did die the obvious choice for new leader is Biscuit.

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

The more I watch of IBO, the less I feel like Reco's problem is episode count. It just suffered from filler fight syndrome taking up time that would have been better spent on the world and characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

was that the most dramatic reveal of Edmonton in television history?

• Locked thread