Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Dulkor posted:

Villain or corpse. Taking all bets!

From the Opening we know that he is at least around long enough to captain the space ship they end up getting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

I'm assuming that's Akihiro gone, then. He's been established as the second-best fighter of the Orphans, but he doesn't have an obvious suit lined up for him like Biscuit and Orga. RIP, big guy.

The opening shows him piloting a pieced together version of what ever the green Gjallorhorn suits are called.

Also Orga and Biscuit weren't even shown to be pilots so I'm not sure why you think they have suits lined up.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I wonder if this show will end up as an all out war between the planets or if it will stay smaller in scale like an AEUG versus Titans scenario.

Also I can't tell if Jupiter is referring to the planet or a ship name. Could this be the first Gundam to not have Jupiter be populated solely by assholes?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

In the far flung future in which we have colonized and terraformed Mars there is one last frontier. Greenland.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Going to Earth by way of Jupiter when you start on Mars is an insanely long travel path. Jupiter is 5 times the Earth's distance from the Sun. Mars is only 1.5 times Earth's distance.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Logicblade posted:

I\m guessing the actual villain of the show will be from Jupiter, because nothing good comes of jovians in Gundam.

I think the evil Haro in 00 came from Jupiter. He was alright.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Wasn't sure if they were the space mafia or the space yakuza but when he ordered in cannoli the answer was made clear.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

a kitten posted:

This show might have my favorite use of the ending song kicking in since Ano Hano

Having the ending theme kick in early and reusing the first theme song in the climactic battle are two things that get me very excited for a show.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

resurgam40 posted:

We can only hope... but long lost family members turning out to be evil has been a cheap ploy for drama long before anime was a thing, so I doubt it's going to be so clear cut or not melodramatic.

Show, please don't make Not-Guts shoot his little brother. Please.

He's going to have to choose between his old family and his new family. Preferably at the exact same moment that the ending song starts playing.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I like that the old accountant stuck around and seems to be having a good time.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Well, he has good reason for it!

He's Biscuit's long lost brother Bagel.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

That preview seemed rather ominous.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

It really just feels like they need to go back to Mars at some point and at the pace the story is going I'm not sure that is possible outside an epilogue. It seems like the show is going to end at a point story wise that is similar to Zeta Gundam with Dakar where Mars gets a little more freedom/everybody acknowledges the Titans are evil but I need to see the ramifications of that.

This is all baseless speculation on my part though so I'll just have to see how the story unfolds.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Part of me really wants the Turbines to be in on the assassination plot.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I'm excited to see what kabuki Char brings to the table.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

So odds are really good that GN Trading stands for Gjallerhorn Trading, right?

I have to say that the animation does seem to be getting worse. The scene after Biscuit steps out of the phone booth was almost absurdly distracting.

I wouldn't assume anything based of the OP. Remember how much the original OP changed.

Teiwaz is definitely behind it and also tipped off Gjallerhorn.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Dort 3 was a false flag! Mobile Workers can't melt steel beams!

I always love a spunky news crew. Kai Shiden would be proud.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I think the whole thing about Kudelia being some symbol of the revolution would work a lot better if we could see that big speech she gave. The show hasn't done anything to show me why people care about her it just constantly tells me that she is important. Even if it is just the idea of her that people have latched on to I want to see where that idea came from.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Biscuit died to bring us back the first ending. He died for a good cause.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I know it would never happen but it would have been cool if after the first few episodes the show was just about a bunch of kids trying to run a mercenary company. Like having to deal with the space mafia and being hired to help Gjallorhorn control Mars. There is a ton of stuff they could have done it the show had a more episodic format.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I can't wait for the season to end with the season finale happening and everyone dies, except Space Guts and the blond girl, because Orga offered everyone up as sacrifices in order to obtain a position in Gjallorhorn. Imagine how big a sword the four armed Gusion could hold.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Logicblade posted:

I don't want Atra to die. :(

She can be Rickert and come back years later with her own custom mobile suit that she made herself.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

That was a really good and tense episode. I was not prepared for Ein's new suit/body to be a Psycho Graze.

RIP 75% of Tekkadan. This all is basically perfect for McGillis no matter who wins.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

If in the end McGillis is the one to bring positive change to the solar system and Tekkadan and Kudelia end up just being patsies to further his goal I will be happy with the ending.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

StalkofWheat posted:

Huh, could have sworn I saw heat blades written somewhere. Either way it's probably one of my favorite suits in the series. I really hope we get an MSV at some point so we can see some of the other Valkyrie frames, along with a bunch of other Gundams

I'm super surprised at the restraint someone at Bandai has had by only allowing four, technically three, Gundams to be in this show. Especially when there is a valid in universe reason for there to be potentially dozens of the things still running around.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I love that Mika's big revelation in the last episode is figuring out how swords work.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Argas posted:

Gaelio didn't have a flag to raise.

He had a death flag.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

From the way Ein was just hanging catatonic in the cockpit while fighting it seems like the natural endpoint of the AV system is just to be a human computer which has some pretty bad implications for Mika's new disabilities and shows a little why human machine interfaces are seen as so monstrous.

I wonder when season 2 will pick up. Will there be a bunch of proxy wars going on around Mars and Jupiter? How does Gjallorhorn exist in a world where the economic blocks have their own armies? They could do some really interesting things with the world and Tekkadan's place in it.

I hope the new grunt suit is the Graze II.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

Also, Biscuit makes a comeback as a deranged, mask-wearing cyborg villain.

Biscuit in a Grey Fox costume might be worth all those other things.

• Locked thread