Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Srice posted:

Mari Okada also write M3, a mecha show that had so little exposure it's hard to believe it even exists

Oh she wrote that? I watched like two episodes but everything looked so dull I couldn't take it any more.
I'm suddenly more worried about how brown and grey everything looks in this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Toys are the only reason Gundam still exists.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Daisuke has the outside US streaming tights including the uk I think, sadly last time I tried their website was garbage.
I wish other streaming sites would die I could just watch everything on CR

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Woah that owned.

I like that they established Mika as an excellent pilot before he got into the Gundam for a change.

And drat I want the soundtrack.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

a kitten posted:

It is streaming on CR.... starting next week! :eng99:

Guess i'll try out the dasuke streams finally, i know i'd be 100% more interested in it if i could stream it thru my xbox.

Only if you live in the US though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't really care either way but there's very little information contained in honourifics that you can't get across in other ways if the translation is competent. The hardest part is probably when changing them is used to signify a change in relationship, especially the switch from family to given name since a lot of translations use given name for friends anyway.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Darth Walrus posted:

Come to think of it, was any previous Gundam show this heavy on the manservice? The first episode really went all-in.

... maaaybe 00?

Wing

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

muike posted:

The set up makes me feel like this is a western science fiction novel poured through a Japanese filter

More like they totally ripped off the story from Zone of the Enders.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I was thinking that, but Gundam bad guys have survived worse.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

MonsieurChoc posted:

Now I want to see SuperMechaGodzilla's take on Gundam.

gently caress no

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Man, that ED is 80's Gundam as gently caress.

Daisuke's subs are a pile of poo poo.

Episode was still good.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

MonsieurChoc posted:

Delivery girl confirmed to be loving terrible. :sigh:

Dude, she hasn't even done anything yet. Unless 'existing' and 'realising Mika has bigger problems than worrying about her' make her, I quote, loving terrible.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, there's a lot of cyber-punky neural interface stuff that I like.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Davincie posted:

does every gundam have the exact same character types or something

Char is like the moogles in an FF game

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

He's gonna get the Zero Shift system and upgrade to Naked Barbatos

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I feel like Orga having Mika do all the dirty work while his hands stay 'clean' is going to be a major point later on, or at least I hope it is because it would be pretty weird not to address it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Everything being grimdark all the time is boring and having a lighter scene brings into a starker relief all the hosed up poo poo that followed it.
Also that scene was cute so who cares.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Don't worry guys, I'm sure she'll start crying every episode from now on.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That was an interesting episode and it's cool they don't have to have a fight every week to keep up momentum but drat there was some badly drawn stuff going on, outside of the already mentioned Atra :) face, Mika's back was like a squiggle and three dots most of the time. I hope the cracks aren't showing already.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hopefully at worst it'll be like the derpy background stuff in Madoka. Only without a major earthquake delaying the last episode.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That gif is not indicative of the shows overall quality, at least so far

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Enjoying the low tech fights, especially after G-Reco's insane death super weapons all over the place.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Droyer posted:

It could also be that the Graze isn't whisker-compatible

Yeah, the Gjallarhorn guys were like 'woah what the gently caress are those things' last episode so I guess normal mobile suits aren't specced for them.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Maybe there won't be a Char, ever think of that, huh? HUH?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I just realised there's no reason why IBO couldn't be set in the same universe as Cowboy Bebop

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

We haven't seen earth yet, the moon (mostly) exploded it ain't gonna be swings and roundabouts.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Drill hair packs away more neatly.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

She worked on the anime adaptation of Wandering Son and uh.... Simoun.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Also at least one person standing around going 'Oh wow, its one of the famous Gundams from the Calamity War'

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Did we get told exactly why Koudelia wants to go to Earth and I've just forgotten?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

W.T. Fits posted:

The only thing about her I don't like is that her character design reminds me of Nina Purpleton and it keeps triggering me.

At least it wasn't just me

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

BizarroAzrael posted:

Is it possible to play IBO on a PS4 somehow? I'm in the UK and watching Daisuki on my laptop. I watched Build Fighters on the YouTube app, but using the Daisuki site over the browser doesn't work.

The only easy way is the CrunchyRoll app but that's a week behind. The only other way is to start messing around with Plex and :filez: episodes.
Or trying to find said pirated versions in a format the PS4 can read from a memory stick I guess.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

This is about the one time I would consider him fairly justified.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

WickedHate posted:

Bad guys are meant to be killed. Living life like a video game protagonist is the way to go, Mika's on the right track already.

gently caress off

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Gundam History X?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nope, we don't really know anything about it other than it was a huge war 300 years ago and that mobile suits, including Gundam frames, were used. IBO isn't in the same universe as the original series at all.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The moon always gets the lovely end of the stick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No, it's just rumours at the moment. In fact not even that, it's only based on a possibly inaccurate Amazon listing for the soundtrack.

• Locked thread