Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Fly Molo posted:

bulbasaur because the first two gym leaders used rock and water

git gud scrub

e: pokemon gold I chose the fire one and powerleveled it, then FLamethrowered everything to death. everything

you didn't know that unless you read spoilers or some poo poo, dumb dumb dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
:synpa: ^^^ fukk you get rekt

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

haha shameful

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

nomadologique posted:

list some of your favorite Out of the Way Pokemon, such as:

snorlax
exeggutor
dugtrio
magneton
primeape
poliwrath
tentacruel
cloyster

always had scyther in my squad even though he was garbage and weak to everything because he looked fuckin rad

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

nomadologique posted:

list some of your favorite Out of the Way Pokemon, such as:

snorlax
exeggutor
dugtrio
magneton
primeape
poliwrath
tentacruel
cloyster

Persian and Articuno. :3: Yes they were boring, literally a cat and a bird with poo poo glued onto their heads, but they were pretty.

They were both also very very bad

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
always ran gengar as my glass cannon. he was weak to a ton of stuff but that hypnosis / dream eater combo rocked heads

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Meowth was good because he had that move that made money come out of nowhere and you got to keep it.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Putty posted:

there are only 151 pokemon

Word

Why are all the pikemen post-Red/Blue so loving ugly and retarded

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

steinrokkan posted:

Word

Why are all the pikemen post-Red/Blue so loving ugly and retarded

There's a new pokemon that's made out of ice cream

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Rutibex posted:

are you sure? it's a wide spectrum, and you are already playing pokemon games. what are your feelings about sonic?

i know i'm not autistic because i think super mario could kick sonic's rear end, which is a topic i can expound upon at length

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I surfed to the island with the truck next to the SS Anne and got Mew. Anyone else do that?

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Meowth was good because he had that move that made money come out of nowhere and you got to keep it.

i think my grandpa was a pokemon because he did that move all the time

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I surfed to the island with the truck next to the SS Anne and got Mew. Anyone else do that?

Years later it blew my mind when I found out it actually was possible to get mew without sending the cartridge in. I wonder how people actually figured out all that hex editing stuff.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

If you like the old Gen 1 games they made Fire Red / Leaf Green a couple years ago which are the original games with QoL and graphics updates. It loving owns.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Haha I actually tried this in good faith as a kid and no you don't get mew!!!

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Ash was obsessed with Pokemon before his "journey" and even watched tourneys in TV.

Yet he still had to use the pokedex on the most basic and common Pokemon like a loving crab.

I hated how the show had Pokemon evolved mid fight, THEY CANT loving DO THAT IN THE GAME.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

:smug:

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Did you choose Bulbasaur, Charmander or Squirtle? Explain why.

charmander op

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
how many pokemons are ouit there that look like female genitals im almost certain someone is keeping track

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!

Afro posted:

charmander because its a loving fire lizard you idiot

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Your post and your avatar make literally no sense when put together

Also I chose Squirtle because Bulbasaur sucks and even Charizard isn't as cool as Blastoise

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Robo Reagan posted:

how many pokemons are ouit there that look like female genitals im almost certain someone is keeping track
cloyster is pretty much a vagina shell

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Squirtle was my hated nemesis and I watched him die a lot and I liked it. I'd go farm squirtles for a while just to kill them. Bulbasaur was cool but I liked Charizard more. I usually ended up more with charmander.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Haha I actually tried this in good faith as a kid and no you don't get mew!!!

Did too!!! I used Mew to beat Lt. Surge.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Squirtle was my hated nemesis and I watched him die a lot and I liked it. I'd go farm squirtles for a while just to kill them. Bulbasaur was cool but I liked Charizard more. I usually ended up more with charmander.
what the gently caress is wrong with you and is this why you shot small animals with bb guns when you were a child?

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

I picked Charmander on my first playthrough if I remember correctly.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

symbolic posted:

what the gently caress is wrong with you and is this why you shot small animals with bb guns when you were a child?

When I was a child? I still go shoot the rear end in a top hat rabbits that invade my garden and refuse to go into humane traps and tear up and eat the goddamn wire fence I buried in the ground and put around the fuckin garden with a bb gun and they die and my spinach stops getting eaten and then I skin them and make rabbit jerky for the dogs. Sorry you like squirtle. Does it hurt being that wrong?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

When I was a child? I still go shoot the rear end in a top hat rabbits that invade my garden and refuse to go into humane traps and tear up and eat the goddamn wire fence I buried in the ground and put around the fuckin garden with a bb gun and they die and my spinach stops getting eaten and then I skin them and make rabbit jerky for the dogs. Sorry you like squirtle. Does it hurt being that wrong?

You're Gary, aren't you?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

follow-up question

did you shoot up a community college in Oregon today?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

There weren't any starter pokemon in the wild

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

Afro posted:

charmander because its a loving fire lizard you idiot

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Hector Beerlioz posted:

You're Gary, aren't you?

Yeah :(

symbolic posted:

follow-up question

did you shoot up a community college in Oregon today?

No.

Improbable Lobster posted:

You aren't supposed to be able to have 100 mews either but I did. Gamesharks were neat.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Improbable Lobster posted:

That's why he said squirtle farm. They can only breed in captivity.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

at least use a .22, nerd

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Robo Reagan posted:

at least use a .22, nerd

I have a .22 too that I use sometimes. .22 shot or .177 pellets, they don't feel anything either way. I'm not particularly fond of doing it but there's a few million rabbits in the neighborhood and every time they dig into my garden they tear the poo poo out of it.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I have a .22 too that I use sometimes. .22 shot or .177 pellets, they don't feel anything either way. I'm not particularly fond of doing it but there's a few million rabbits in the neighborhood and every time they dig into my garden they tear the poo poo out of it.

oh, okay then

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

charmanser because a turtle that can grow twin water cannons is a bit too far fetched for my immersion

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

wtf is wrong with you, you sociopath

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
I am playing pokemon yellow again in honor of this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
more like blubbersaur and shartle

• Locked thread