Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Igiari
Sep 14, 2007

Gonzo McFee posted:

The Tories are the nasty party. They're literally the reason the UK is being investigated for human rights abuses against the disabled. If calling the tories the Nasty Party upsets you more than human rights abuses against the disabled then what the gently caress is wrong with you?

What the gently caress does this even mean? Like, is austerity not identifiable as ideological cuts to the public sector and mass privatisation? Why is she describing it as if it's an emotion? What the gently caress even is the Guardian's comment is free section anymore?

Help my nose is bleeding

I think she's enjoyed a bit too much of the finest wines known to humanity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Igiari
Sep 14, 2007

Milotic posted:

DarkseidMerseyside justifies my hate.

Just wanted to note that I appreciated this, as I appreciate all of GMo's work. Unless it's tosh, like his FF gubbins.

Igiari
Sep 14, 2007

The Saurus posted:

And even if he doesn't get on the ballot, what do they do when three quarters of the votes cast are "spoilt ballots" with Jeremy Corbyn written across them in marker?

Those voters will be purged for not supporting party values :twisted:

Igiari
Sep 14, 2007

mehall posted:

So that means you forgot about Dre?

I was wondering why nothing came out when he moved his lips, just a bunch of gibberish.

Igiari
Sep 14, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

This was the prat who wrote an article after Terry Pratchett died saying he was trash, while admitting that he had read none of it. And then when he actually read a book he managed to churn out another dumb column where he dismissed it as entertainment, not art. Which is not something anyone had ever claimed that Pratchett was but hey, easy click bait.

He's a terribly smug prick even by the standards of both Graun writers & newspaper art critics.

Jonathan Jones columns are an excellent treatment for hypotension.

Igiari
Sep 14, 2007

Ddraig posted:

They're throwing their toys out of the pram. That's all there is to it.

"Our poo poo prospect didn't win, rather than work with what we've got we're going to do our own thing :qq:"

Sounds like they're behaving like a petulant child who has been told you can't have the sweeties in the sweetshop, you can't have power.

Igiari
Sep 14, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

Apropos of nothing but it's been rattling around in my head for a little while.

When did "deficit denier" become a thing?

Like, apparently there are "deficit deniers" roaming around and the news is very keen to know if you are one. And people are very keen to make it clear that they aren't one.

It's like someone autoreplaced the word "holocaust" with "deficit" given the tone of interrogation and importance of not being one.

What does it even mean anyway? Does it mean you pretend there isn't one? That we need to get rid of it? That the pounds were asking to be borrowed and it's their fault anyway? What?

I just want to know how well a river in Egypt can hear.

Igiari
Sep 14, 2007
The Lords must refrain from using their powers, otherwise their powers will be taken away, and they won't be able to use their powers. Catch 811.

Igiari
Sep 14, 2007
When will they make an anime about Karl Marx, and will it be better than Gurren Lagann?

Igiari
Sep 14, 2007

Oberleutnant posted:

Seriously the footnotes are the most :stonklol: part of Capital.

I liked the one where it described how violating a contract was a civil issue for bosses, but criminal for workers. One guy got sent to prison for quitting, or something, then when he came out, he still refused to work for the company, so he was imprisoned a second time for a second violation of his contract.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Igiari
Sep 14, 2007

Almost Ordinary posted:

Well that's a nice sight to start the morning with.

FFS Labour stop being so bloody unelectable under Corbyn

• Locked thread