Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
My girlfriend and stepfather had an argument yesterday. They, and the rest of my immediate family will be here in about 3-4 hours. Problem is i want to start drinking now. If i start now theres a good chance ill be rip roaring when the fighting begins, potentially making the situation worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Im thinking maybe i will put more beer in the fridge, delaying things by a few minutes.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Ive got about 40 750ml bottles, 3 500ml cans, some apple wine stuff and a bottle of champagne. This inventory taking and loading stuff in the fridge has bought me 10 minutes.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I was gonna wait another 19 minutes till 3pm cause it seems more respectable but here i go.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
In an argument im gonna be better at yelling but worse at reasoning. I hope this pays off.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Im starting with a 500ml becks can, a personal favourite.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
The real irony here is i think my stepdad thinks my girlfriend is an alcoholic.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Cowman posted:

where the gently caress is it 2:30pm

Literally nowhere i think. 20 minutes have passed since i posted the op

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Update: im almost done with this beer but im already thinking about the next beer. Its a pabst blue ribbon can. This is an uncommon beer in my country and i cant remember what it tastes like not that that matters at all really.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Celluloid Sam posted:

Pabst is bad im sorry man i shouldnt have encouraged you

I dont think its so bad its like alcoholic soda water.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Cowman posted:

do you live in loving australia or some poo poo

Yes

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

shiksa posted:

the best option is to get poo poo housed at all times

I used to get told off for my 'fire breath' at work when i used this option.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

ButteCysts posted:

unbiased 3rd party laying down some insightful truths after a few drinks (thats you in tonights situtation)

Thanks for your support

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Fargin Icehole posted:

If it's late advice, okay, just take it. gently caress all of them. The drama is just superficial, who gives a gently caress about who said what, you're just looking for a great time like the rest of humanity that poured 20-40 bucks into buying a 12 pack and a half, and by god, you're gonna enjoy it.

This is what i reckon

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

corpuscollossus posted:

Sit everyone down when they arrive, work through the issues like an episode of neighbours and then hug it out

Irl australia you wait until someone gets ratshit drunk and makes a fool of themselves, losing the argument.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I talked to my mum and noones gonna go talk to eachother this evening. On the bad side nothings resolved but now i can kick things up a notch with the beers.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Ibogaine posted:

Why is everybody coming to your place today? Is it your birthday or something?

I live on a farm w multiple buildings. I guess its like the hit show 'everyone loves Raymond'

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Ibogaine posted:

I see. In this case, I will just side with all the wise people ITT: Tell 'em to stay on their part of the farm and out of your personal space.

BTW, is now a good time to ask you some questions regarding living on a farm in Australia? Do you really put shrimps on the barbie? Do you have native animals where you live? How accurate is the description of Australian life in "Tie me kangaroo down"? And did you sing "Let me Abbott go loose, Bruce" when Abbott resigned?

We eat prawns precooked. Every native animal is here and my car insurance is over $1000. Kangaroos are road obstacles or things that kill your dog. Do not know that song.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Well its almost 630pm and nothing has really happened except my gf said i seem drunk. Im sorry for this letdown gbs.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
My sister traded a goat for some very good looking tbone steaks. Thats whats up dinber time.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I dont know what that is so ill say no

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
If we are clearing up australiab misconceptions is that we eat steak. I dont kniw what an australian steakhouse is and have never seen one. We eat asian food in the city and lamb on the farm.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I spent the last 5 years in victoria they dont talk about rugby there

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I cant find m6 beer

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Im in Nsw now. What a cockup

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Meiers Goldbrick posted:

Is the OP alive still?

Yes im at work now

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Celluloid Sam posted:

i wish i had a goat but i wouldnt trade him or her for steaks i would pet it

I gave the goat a good pat before he left. He was a good but naughty goat.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Xaris posted:

well all aussies are alcoholics, so yeah he's right but hes an alcoholic himself

This is true as well

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Smelly Bohemian posted:

Either start some drama tonight or close this letdown thread

Will do

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

jackyl posted:

I'm drinking a yuengling and we have some steaks on the grill. :getin:

Ill be drinking a beer in 7 hours

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
No you couldnt even buy it most places till recently. Export only really.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Im at a party in the city and thia chick did some slam poetry poo poo and i told her ti shut the e gently caress up. Theres sime dr am a rn

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Me and mu friend damez were try ing to break damez collarbone so he dosebt have to work

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Too personal but he touches your food

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

rear end cobra posted:

Ok kick him repeatedly in the neck, that should help

Haha that was the plan after some discussion. It didnt heron hes just gonns call in sick likeba normal person

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Fried Watermelon posted:

What beer should I buy tonight?

Carlton dràught

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yeah it is

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Im hungover today. In hungover every day but today especially

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
The local pub wasnt open but i went in the back door and a bunch of people were still drinking from the night before. So 10am i had 2 beers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I had to have a nap but now im drinking A Beer

• Locked thread