Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
My girlfriend and stepfather had an argument yesterday. They, and the rest of my immediate family will be here in about 3-4 hours. Problem is i want to start drinking now. If i start now theres a good chance ill be rip roaring when the fighting begins, potentially making the situation worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Im thinking maybe i will put more beer in the fridge, delaying things by a few minutes.

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012
Do you live on the loving moon or something.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
They've loving each other and the fight really was about how to tell you.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

drink all you like op you are a grown as man

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Ive got about 40 750ml bottles, 3 500ml cans, some apple wine stuff and a bottle of champagne. This inventory taking and loading stuff in the fridge has bought me 10 minutes.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Isaac posted:

Ive got about 40 750ml bottles, 3 500ml cans, some apple wine stuff and a bottle of champagne. This inventory taking and loading stuff in the fridge has bought me 10 minutes.

get drinking

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I was gonna wait another 19 minutes till 3pm cause it seems more respectable but here i go.

Smelly Bohemian
Aug 20, 2015

by Lowtax
poo poo can still go bad if you don't drink, so may as well drink, really. Plus, how are you going to get on an episode of cops if you don't get drunk and shirtless ASAP

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Isaac posted:

I was gonna wait another 19 minutes till 3pm cause it seems more respectable but here i go.

its almost 1 am where i am so go ahead and drink bro

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
In an argument im gonna be better at yelling but worse at reasoning. I hope this pays off.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Im starting with a 500ml becks can, a personal favourite.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

it will, i promise. if worse comes to worse just pretend to have a seizure

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
The real irony here is i think my stepdad thinks my girlfriend is an alcoholic.

Smelly Bohemian
Aug 20, 2015

by Lowtax

Isaac posted:

The real irony here is i think my stepdad thinks my girlfriend is an alcoholic.

There, now you have the perfect cover with your gf. "I was just trying to smokescreen the old man, honey."

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

step dads dont know dick

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

where the gently caress is it 2:30pm

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Cowman posted:

where the gently caress is it 2:30pm

Literally nowhere i think. 20 minutes have passed since i posted the op

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Update: im almost done with this beer but im already thinking about the next beer. Its a pabst blue ribbon can. This is an uncommon beer in my country and i cant remember what it tastes like not that that matters at all really.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Pabst is bad im sorry man i shouldnt have encouraged you

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Isaac posted:

Literally nowhere i think. 20 minutes have passed since i posted the op

do you live in loving australia or some poo poo

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
the best option is to get poo poo housed at all times

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Celluloid Sam posted:

Pabst is bad im sorry man i shouldnt have encouraged you

I dont think its so bad its like alcoholic soda water.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Cowman posted:

do you live in loving australia or some poo poo

Yes

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

shiksa posted:

the best option is to get poo poo housed at all times

I used to get told off for my 'fire breath' at work when i used this option.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Isaac posted:

Update: im almost done with this beer but im already thinking about the next beer. Its a pabst blue ribbon can. This is an uncommon beer in my country and i cant remember what it tastes like not that that matters at all really.

The good news is that if you weren't set for COPS before, you are now.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Call a timeout when the fighting starts and sit everyone down for a few rounds of shots. Then resume.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
how we've grown

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Smelly Bohemian posted:

poo poo can still go bad if you don't drink, so may as well drink, really.

spoken like a true moon russian

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED
unbiased 3rd party laying down some insightful truths after a few drinks (thats you in tonights situtation)

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
If it's late advice, okay, just take it. gently caress all of them. The drama is just superficial, who gives a gently caress about who said what, you're just looking for a great time like the rest of humanity that poured 20-40 bucks into buying a 12 pack and a half, and by god, you're gonna enjoy it.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

ButteCysts posted:

unbiased 3rd party laying down some insightful truths after a few drinks (thats you in tonights situtation)

Thanks for your support

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Fargin Icehole posted:

If it's late advice, okay, just take it. gently caress all of them. The drama is just superficial, who gives a gently caress about who said what, you're just looking for a great time like the rest of humanity that poured 20-40 bucks into buying a 12 pack and a half, and by god, you're gonna enjoy it.

This is what i reckon

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
Pass out in the bathroom with the door locked.

That'll show 'em.

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
Sit everyone down when they arrive, work through the issues like an episode of neighbours and then hug it out

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

corpuscollossus posted:

Sit everyone down when they arrive, work through the issues like an episode of neighbours and then hug it out

Irl australia you wait until someone gets ratshit drunk and makes a fool of themselves, losing the argument.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Isaac posted:

Irl australia you wait until someone gets ratshit drunk and makes a fool of themselves, losing the argument.

i thot you just waited for an aboriginal to walk by an all the criminal inbreds stop an slowly turn tey heds at him......like hyenas stalking a wounded elephant.....

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I talked to my mum and noones gonna go talk to eachother this evening. On the bad side nothings resolved but now i can kick things up a notch with the beers.

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015
Why is everybody coming to your place today? Is it your birthday or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Ibogaine posted:

Why is everybody coming to your place today? Is it your birthday or something?

I live on a farm w multiple buildings. I guess its like the hit show 'everyone loves Raymond'

• Locked thread