Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

The Dregs posted:

poo poo is still good though. Don't be a snob. Actually, regular Beam is good, I don't know about that weird poo poo there. I think the Japs may be screwing with the brand too much.

regular beam is certainly o.k., I wouldn't turn it down. But for, like, maybe 4$ more a bottle you could get george dickel #12 and for, like, 6$ more and a costco membership you could get a full liter of kirkland reserve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

sorry idont touch the stuff

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

starry skies above posted:

This is what I picked up for the weekend:

I normally buy cheap whiskey like Old Crow but I'm in the mood for sweet poo poo this weekend.

this can't be anything but loving vile

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

jim beam sucks drink some bulleit or something gently caress

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

jiharlequinade posted:

this can't be anything but loving vile

It's god awful, I'll drink cheap bourbon in fact I unironically like Evan Williams. I was given a bottle of this crap from a friend that works at a liquor store when it first hit the shelves, it's the worst whiskey I've ever tried.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

Mad Monk posted:

It's god awful, I'll drink cheap bourbon in fact I unironically like Evan Williams. I was given a bottle of this crap from a friend that works at a liquor store when it first hit the shelves, it's the worst whiskey I've ever tried.

i knocked down most of a bottle one day because someone left it at my house after a party, it fuckin sucks but i needed to be drunk real bad

blumpkinhead
Nov 10, 2014

aint got no time for bird sex
it is possible to be happy without altering your mind.

but not easier.

I guess when it becomes a big enough problem you are forced to find a non-chemical cure.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Let me get a show of hands if you get the 2 o'clock sweat and shakes at work :toot:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
If you are in IT id say you are a light drinker OP but since you dont let yourself drink during the week you cant be in IT you'd be dead already.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

alcohol is a retard drug for idiots

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Frog Act posted:

alcohol is a retard drug for idiots

Whiskey and speed was good enough for Lemmy

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Yup

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
if you get into a regular habit of drinking a lot of alcohol when you are in a good period of life you set yourself up to have any minor problems that develop snowball out of control

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

FIRST EBOLA GOON AVOID ALL POSTS SPEWING EBLOA SHIT POSTS EVERWHERE
I'm literally retarded

Poetic Justice posted:

when i was 21 i realized i was too smart for society. as a solution i started drinking, hoping to kill some brain cells to get to the same level as the common man. here it is 50 years later, and i'm still partying like a college frat student

Tried it, doesn't work. You just wind up stupid and miserable, with a clapped-out liver.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Poetic Justice posted:

alcohol cleans the body of toxins

It cleans the mind of stress.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Ocean Book posted:

if you get into a regular habit of drinking a lot of alcohol when you are in a good period of life you set yourself up to have any minor problems that develop snowball out of control

What if you have self-control and a sense of perspective that's bigger than "having a good time in life"?

Spudalicious
Dec 24, 2003

I <3 Alton Brown.
good liquor is too expensive. malt liquor 24/7
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d95jKqp0h-k

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

a dog from hell posted:

What if you have self-control and a sense of perspective that's bigger than "having a good time in life"?

then getting into a habit of regularly drinking lots of alcohol sets you up in a position to have minor problems unnecessarily snowball out of control more often than if you didnt regularly drink lots of alcohol

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

Ocean Book posted:

then getting into a habit of regularly drinking lots of alcohol sets you up in a position to have minor problems unnecessarily snowball out of control more often than if you didnt regularly drink lots of alcohol

Thanks. Now shut the gently caress up and save it for your sponsor, JFC

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

XMNN posted:

smoke weed

alcoholism is a chumps disease and will kill you dead 3/10 would not recommend

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals

14 INCH DICK posted:

Let me get a show of hands if you get the 2 o'clock sweat and shakes at work :toot:

no cause im drunk haha

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I'm 33 and am totally fine after getting drunk every weekend I think some of you let yourselves get more out of shape than you want to admit.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
It depends on how old you are OP if you're under 30 and have no kids (as if lol) you should get really shitfaced as often as you can

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

ANAmal.net posted:

i knocked down most of a bottle one day because someone left it at my house after a party, it fuckin sucks but i needed to be drunk real bad

wasn't there some antifreeze around or something?

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
hendricks gin tonics all day every (friday and satur)day

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Sizone posted:

if you're drinking beam, you're drinking cheap whiskey

i sometimes buy the mixed cans if i am going to a party or whatever since it is a better look than bringing a bottle and the beam mixers are surprisingly good, especially the zero sugar ones (recently became type 1 diabetic, have to drink them). on the other hand you look like the trashiest of white trash having one in your hand.

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

Phoon posted:

jim beam sucks drink some bulleit or something gently caress

I think their rye is ok, but yeah their bourbon is trash. Even Evan Williams is better.

LethalGeek posted:

I'm 33 and am totally fine after getting drunk every weekend I think some of you let yourselves get more out of shape than you want to admit.

Lol, I get drunk every night.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

I'm down OP. Take one or two nights a week off but other than that it's on. Super tolerance plus genetic gifts mean I rarely feel hung over next morning unless I really overdo it.

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

XMNN posted:

smoke weed

alcoholism is a chumps disease and will kill you dead 3/10 would not recommend

Jokes on you I smoke a lot of weed and still drink more than I should after work

op, as long as you're a functioning alcoholic, it's ok. By modern standards, functioning alcoholics built this country. If you make enough you can even feel smug and pretentious about what you drink :smuggo: Make a hobby out if it, get into wine or something

Zeno-25 fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Oct 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
drunks are very tedious and annoying to interact with

• Locked thread